IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That link was posted a couple of weeks ago on this thread as well ... did you find a link to who contributed to the $50,000 reward? We know that a family friend contributed the $5000 that got the ball rolling.

Don't have a link but it was stated by FBI spokeswoman it came from law enforcement agencies. It is addressed in one of the press conferences that FBI gave. Not one that Abben did. HTH.

Looking at this aerial view, I'm not convinced that a boy fishing at the parking lot would see the girls riding their bikes on the trail on the west end of the lake.

meyersoverview.jpg

Don't have a link but it was stated by FBI spokeswoman it came from law enforcement agencies. It is addressed in one of the press conferences that FBI gave. Not one that Abben did. HTH.

That's what I remembered hearing as well but I couldn't find it online. Thanks!

This is huge news!!! And wonderful news that the freak is behind bars! I'll bet he's getting an interrogation of a lifetime!

Check out this website that he communicated in. Last entry for him was 2 days ago, last log in was this AM. The girls list their ages as over 18, but definately appear to be younger.

http://www.meetme.com/tucker882006

WTF???????

Something else re: paddleboat stealing and/or teenagers and human trafficking. Would traffickers have teenage accomplices? Either local gang members / troubled kids who they groom to trust them, or else trafficked kids they captured years back and are resigned to the life? Teens who earn money and some modicum of extra freedom by helping their masters bring more kids into that nasty scene? Teens who wouldn't give two craps about stealing someone's paddleboat, or flirting with Lyric to set up a meeting, or this that and the other?

No stats that I can find, but do believe it happens, especially in the larger cities. ei: Girls already in prostitution used to recruit other vunerable runways they meet on the street, etc.

This following report is very rare, but just shows you where we are possibly headed with the gang affilations etc., imo.

Teen Pimps: 2 16-Year-Old Girls Led A Child Prostitution Ring In Arizona!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct9mEDWxFGk&feature=related

Even if the girls were recruited into a prostitution ring, the first customer is going to see $50,000 and contact police.

That's what I remembered hearing as well but I couldn't find it online. Thanks!

Yes. It's a presser by Breault on 7/21 or 7/22. I remember the WCF Courier website has both of those with a link.

I don't have much to add....wish there was some news in this case.
Hoping Lyric and Elizabeth are found today.

Even if the girls were recruited into a prostitution ring, the first customer is going to see $50,000 and contact police.

You really believe a guy utilizing prostitution to have sex with a minor is going to even know or be concerned about any missing children?

You really believe a guy utilizing prostitution to have sex with a minor is going to even know or be concerned about any missing children?

I think that even criminals watch the news, so I do believe that a customer is going to come up with a good story to explain why he deserved $50,000 for finding a missing child.

I don't have a link ... like I posted ... I have a vague memory of reading an article on July 13 about the family having spoken to several people at the park when they were looking at the girls. Other than the boy that was fishing, has anyone else been identified?

On what part of the lake was the boy ... NEWS?

Yes, I remember reading Aunt T. spoke to the boy that was fishing. He said he'd been there "a long time" (whatever that is for a young boy fishing), and hadn't seen anything. I think it was about the same time Aunt T. spoke to the guy (different guy from Mr. G. or Mr. C.) who said he saw two girls on bikes, when she said LE had the guy's name and contact info. I don't think it was ever reported as confirmed that it was Elizabeth and Lyric, though.

Check out this website that he communicated in. Last entry for him was 2 days ago, last log in was this AM. The girls list their ages as over 18, but definately appear to be younger.

http://www.meetme.com/tucker882006

WTF???????

A couple of them for sure don't look even 18. It frightens me to think of how many sites there are like this online. I had never heard of it, not that I'm up with what's going on, but sometimes I hear of things from the grandkids.

I thought the following was posted last night. But,it is never out of fashion or too late to show appreciation. Thanks,is not enough for the fabulous timeline..you both have constructed. It took a lot of work to put it together! What amazing passion and commitment Websleuthers have for justice!

Thank-you nikb! I appreciate the help. I followed this case daily for about three weeks. Then, I became involved with all the tasks involved with making a vacation trip.

Now,thanks to your help.I will attempt to familiarize myself with the timeline you posted.

Aw thanks MizStery and you're welcome! I hope you had a good vacation, or are still planning a great one!

I hope the times are all correct. It seems like they are exact when they first come out then sort of fluctuate later - even in the case of the time-stamped surveillance camera. In any case it's helpful to see a list of events in order of when they happened, I think. I know that LE's officially reported timeline is pretty limited, basically just the surveillance camera and bikes being found, but it helps me to visualize things better when I include the times reported by family for the other things such as the boy fishing and the sightings by other people.

First reports were that the bikes were found at 3:30. Later, the official time was given as 3:58.

"Investigators found their bikes and a purse from one of the girls on the southeast side of Meyers Lake around 3:30 p.m. Friday."

July 15
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/983203/391/Search-underway-for-2-missing-girls-in-Iowa

That's what I remembered reading too, thanks for the link!

And then there's the current People magazine which lists the time they were found as 3:40. It's hard copy and sitting next to me on the couch so I don't have a link, but I'm curious where the 3:40 came from. There are a few other minor details in the article that I think are incorrect too based on previous interviews and reports so it's probably nothing, but I thought it was pretty specific to be an incorrect time.

Consolidated Timeline of Events
from http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance

Friday - July 13
12:15 p.m. - Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrisey are last seen riding their bikes near downtown Evansdale.
2 p.m. - Family members begin searching for the two girls after they fail to return home.
3 p.m. - Family members contact law enforcement; a ground air and water search immediately begins.
4 p.m. - Evansdale firefighters locate the girls' bikes on a nearby trail located near Meyers Lake.

Saturday - July 14
8 a.m. - Hundreds of volunteers turn out to help in search for the missing girls.
6 p.m. - The volunteer search ends for the day.

Sunday - July 15
8 a.m. - Authorities expand search area to 12 square miles surrounding Evansdale.
4:45 p.m. - The volunteer search concludes with no new clues or leads found.
7 p.m. - Authorities decide that a volunteer search will not take place on Monday.

Monday - July 16
11 a.m. - At a press conference, officials report no new leads in girls' disappearance. "We just want these girls back." - Rick Abben, Black Hawk Co. Sheriff's Office
12:30 p.m. - Police officers begin handing out fliers to cars, stopping some, and even looking in a few trunks.
4 p.m. - At a press conference, officials announce they are draining Meyers Lake. Officials said they want to make sure, with 100% certainty, the lake is empty. This process is expected to take 2-3 days.

Tuesday - July 17
11 a.m. - Authorities tape off a larger perimeter around Meyers Lake to aid in their search efforts.
4 p.m. - Black Hawk County Sherriff's Office Capt. Rick Abben holds a press conference. No new developments were reported. Abben said, "Everyone is a suspect until we know something." However there is no reason to suspect fould play at this point.
Authorities continue to drain Meyers Lake throught the day. This process is expected to take two or three days to complete.

Wednesday - July 18
Late Morning - Black Hawk County Landfill begins separating Evansdale's trash from trash of other towns in an effort to aid the search.
4 p.m. - At a press conference, officials do not announce any major developments in the search, but state they have no intention of scaling back search efforts.

Thursday - July 19
Early Morning - An attorney advises parents of Lyric Cook against talking with police or media, according to family members.
Morning - FBI request that the lake is not drained further. Their divers need roughly six feet of water for diving.
4 p.m. - At a press conference, "We're no closer than last Friday." - Black Hawk County Sherriff's Office Capt. Rick Abben
Evening - Family member tells media an attorney told Misty and Dan Morrissey to quit talking to police and FBI.

Friday - July 20
8 a.m. - FBI divers begin their search of Meyers Lake.
3 p.m. - FBI divers complete their search. The search does not uncover any evidence of the missing girls.
4 p.m. - At a press conference, authorities announce that they are considering the case to be an abduction. Evidence was located and sent to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.
8 p.m. - Nearly 100 people gather at Meyers lake for a candlelight vigil. Lyric's mother, Misty Cook Morrissey prays with the group, also addresses criminal past.

Saturday - July 21
8 a.m. - More than 150 people gather in downtown Waterloo to participate in a walk/run raising money for the missing girls' fund.
3 p.m. - During an FBI media briefing, spokesperson says investigators are speaking to persons of interest but are not receiving full cooperation from family members. Investigators say they believe the girls are still alive.

Sunday - July 22
Family members tell the Waterloo Courier the FBI is asking Misty Morrissey to take another polygraph test after some results on the first test proved inconclusive. Misty is the mother of Lyric, and aunt of Elizabeth.
3:30 p.m. - During a daily media briefing, an FBI spokesperson makes a plea to the public for tips. "Even if you think you don't have any information that is important to this case, investigators want to talk to you... Don't assume we know what you know." - Sandra Breault, an FBI spokeswoman

Monday - July 23
9 a.m. - According to family members, Misty Cook-Morrissey, the mother of Lyric Cook, takes a second polygraph test.
11 a.m. - FBI announces they want to speak with someone wh was spotted on a paddleboat on Meyers Lake at about the same time the girls may have been at the lake. This person is not a suspect.
2 p.m. - Misty Cook-Morrissey tells members of the media that she passes a polygraph test administered earlier in the day.
4 p.m. - During daily press briefing, authorities announced few new details. Officials say they are receiving "better cooperation" from family members.

Tuesday - July 24
Morning - Grandmother of abducted girls tells the Associated Press she doesn't know why the girls would have been biking around Meyers Lake.
4 p.m. - At final daily press briefing, authorities announce they will not be conducting daily press briefings, bat are not scaling back efforts to locate Lyric and Elizabeth. Officials also say they have not received any new information in the case.

Friday - July 27
A group of at least 200 people attend a prayer vigil at Meyers Lake, marking two weeks since the girls were abducted.

Tuesday - July 31
Volunteers celebrate Elizabeth Collins' 9th birthday by making 1,500 cupcakes to distribute to volunteers and businesses that took part in the search for the two missing girls.
8:30 p.m. - Cedar Rapids police receive a report of an attempted abduction on the cities' southwest side. Investigators say they are investigating if there is a connection between this incident and the abduction of Elizabeth & Lyric from Evansdale.

Thursday - August 2
FBI investigators returns to Meyers Lake in Evansdale to follow-up on tip submitted to authorities.

Friday - August 3
FBI spends morning investigating lead at Meyers Lake. FBI later concludes search saying the search yielded "no positive results."

I've tried about 10 times to download and watch this but keep getting stuck with it wanting me to download and install the same new software. Maybe I'm lucky to be saved from the nightmares...

you dont needto download it. Click watch online
You will get some pop ups just close them. but still hey its free right?And again quite disturbing the last half hour. based on true story.

Looking at this aerial view, I'm not convinced that a boy fishing at the parking lot would see the girls riding their bikes on the trail on the west end of the lake.

meyersoverview.jpg

I have to disagree. There's enough gaps in the trees based on this shot.

Attachments

• 2012-08-13_13-37-28_551.jpg
    2012-08-13_13-37-28_551.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics