IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify for me, Didn't the family say they were really tan now and their hair had bleached out some from the swimming and sun?

Or did I dream that..

I saw two pictures of them on missing poster...their hair was long (both of them) and it was blond (both of them) and they were pretty tan. I think those pics were taken earlier, because all recent reports say their hair is short and chin length. I can't post the pics I saw here. MOO

Im pretty sure that i read here Lyric had only been with Elizabeth for the past week or so not the entire summer! Because Grandmother was helping Elizabeths mom.

I know Lyric lived with Tammy when mom was away!

Right...I just don't know how it related to what I posted...;) Maybe you can flesh it out a bit.

Maybe they had bread to feed the ducks/geese.
Speaking of "feeding," do we know what time of day lunch was served by WC? I don't recall any mention of lunch. Did they pack a picnic lunch that day in which case they wouldn't have been expected back home for lunch?

Im pretty sure that i read here Lyric had only been with Elizabeth for the past week or so not the entire summer! Because Grandmother was helping Elizabeths mom.

BBM

I thought Lyric had lived with Elizabeth's parents while her mom was away, until Heather's health got bad and then grandma had custody????

BBM

I thought Lyric had lived with Elizabeth's parents while her mom was away, until Heather's health got bad and then grandma had custody????

Good catch...I didn't see that. You are correct. Lyric did not live with Tammy as far as I know.

Speaking of "feeding," do we know what time of day lunch was served by WC? I don't recall any mention of lunch. Did they pack a picnic lunch that day in which case they wouldn't have been expected back home for lunch?

I've wondered about lunch (or the lack thereof) also. Someone earlier posted that grandma said the girls poured juice before they left for the bike ride and left it on the counter. I didn't see that interview so I'm not sure what she said. More confusing tidbits.

I think Lyric lives with G'ma mostly. As I understand it Misty lives with G'ma (her Mom) as well. I might be wrong on this but I get the feeling that G'ma and Lyric visited the Collins' house most days to help out for a few hours in the morning and the kids probably played together. After Misty came back, I think she and Lyric went to the pool quite a bit and maybe G'ma went to the Collins' house without Lyric a few times. All MOO.

I've wondered about lunch (or the lack thereof) also. Someone earlier posted that grandma said the girls poured juice before they left for the bike ride and left it on the counter. I didn't see that interview so I'm not sure what she said. More confusing tidbits.

I've only seen this hard copy in a MSM magazine so I can't quote it exactly per TOS, but yes, it was said they poured juice (and oddly to me it has been mentioned numerous times that it was V8-Splash, maybe it was their favorite juice?). I thought it was unusual that they'd pour a glass of juice and then not come back for so long. Maybe that's why G'ma worried earlier than we'd expect?

I've only seen this hard copy in a MSM magazine so I can't quote it exactly per TOS, but yes, it was said they poured juice (and oddly to me it has been mentioned numerous times that it was V8-Splash, maybe it was their favorite juice?). I thought it was unusual that they'd pour a glass of juice and then not come back for so long. Maybe that's why G'ma worried earlier than we'd expect?

BBM: That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the info regarding the magazine. That explains why I didn't see it.

that and also because they were supposed to be going for a "short" or "quick" ride and didn't come back quickly nor shortly.

The girls’ grandmother, Wylma Cook, told the CNN affiliate she was the last person to see them.
“They asked me to go for a short bike ride, and I said go ahead for a short bike ride. They never came back,” she said.
http://fox2now.com/2012/07/16/searc...a-girls-its-like-they-vanished-official-says/

and as for lunch... since it was supposed to be a short ride... maybe they were planning to eat lunch when they got right back?:moo:

Okay, I am really confused about the posts a few pages ago saying how there are like 20 missing kids in Black Hawk County, because when I search missingkids.com for missing kids from Iowa, I only get 11 results.

They are:

Marc Allen (1986)
Elizabeth Collins (2012)
Lyric Cook (2012)
Kimberly Doss (1982)
John Gosch (1982)
Eugene Martin (1984)
Odalis Navarro-Aguilar (2012)
Erin Pospisil (2001)
Benjamin Roseland (2008)
Colleen Simpson (1975)
Kyanja Vanwey (2005)

Okay, I am really confused about the posts a few pages ago saying how there are like 20 missing kids in Black Hawk County, because when I search missingkids.com for missing kids from Iowa, I only get 11 results.

They are:

Marc Allen (1986)
Elizabeth Collins (2012)
Lyric Cook (2012)
Kimberly Doss (1982)
John Gosch (1982)
Eugene Martin (1984)
Odalis Navarro-Aguilar (2012)
Erin Pospisil (2001)
Benjamin Roseland (2008)
Colleen Simpson (1975)
Kyanja Vanwey (2005)

:waitasec:

Thats Odd I copied right from the site and they said it was as of August 30 2012....

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/articles/cedar-falls-and-black-hawk-county-s-missing-kids#photo-11204091

I counted 15 who were reported missing in 2012, from March through August. The last one went missing over 20 years ago at age 4.
WHAT is going on around there?!! 15 missing children from one county all within 5 months??? This is insane!!

Those are the ones that have not been resolved yet. There have certainly been other children reported missing between 1992 and 2012 but all of those children have been discovered, their whereabouts are known.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that most of the 15 children currently missing are either runaways or part of custody disputes. I think there are only two where LE has no idea at all what happened to them.

Sadly, LE can do everything right and still not solve the case or discover the missing child(ren).

I did have a thought today, but it looks like some others are heading in the same general direction. I was wondering if they may have found a bag that was left in the parking lot or alley for someone, and took it because it didn't look like the owner was around. When they opened it to see what it was, there was a bunch of money in it (from a drug deal or something else illegal so it wouldn't be reported lost or stolen.) Being kids, they may have gotten excited and rode down to the lake looking for a quiet place to sit and count it - and maybe hide it so Mom/Grandma wouldn't make them turn it in.

The one who left it, or the one who was picking it up, may have seen them as they rounded the corner, and followed them, not catching up until at or near the lake because of stop signs and traffic and not wanting to draw too much attention. If the girls jumped off their bikes and ran to bushes/woods to count their 'treasure', they could be out of sight before TG rode by. They sat by where the purse was found, and the perp/s showed up and grabbed them and the bag they had taken, took them to their vehicle and went to wherever they went.

Maybe just another bad movie plot, but MOO.

Where are Lyric and Elizabeth?
I hope I'm wrong but this case is starting to feel cold to me.

There is a "Statement Analysis" Blog that I think many here are familiar with. The owner has repeatedly insisted that nobody says, writes or types "and hence" except for Patsy Ramsey, but I see it here a LOT. You are the second poster in a week to use the phrase. The more I see it, the less I think it proves ANYTHING about who wrote the Jonbenet Ramsey ransom note. I do tend to think there are OTHER indicators pointing to her (now deceased) mother, but the claim that NOBODY EVER uses that phrase, due to its redundancy, is ludicrous.

<sarcasm on>Okay, I confess. I AM THE FOREIGN FACTION!!! Why yes, even though my whole family saw me in Iowa City on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in 1996, I left that note!!!

The super powers of statement analysis say it must be so.<sarcasm off>

Yeah. I didn't suddenly start using the word 'hence' in 1996, I've used it for a long, long time. I think it's a result of reading many, many English murder mysteries.

I use it stylistically to indicate to my poor readers that I am about to get to a point in my horrible rambling sentences.

Hey, if I had been in Boulder in 1996, that would mean I wasn't guilty of giving my nephews one Christmas's worth of presents my sister would rather I had not. Auntie Grainne had a reputation to uphold as the aunt who gave kids presents that were noisy, explosive, maddening or all three.

Maybe I should confess!

There is an Australian series revolving around a Police missing persons unit in Sydney.

Every morning they met and went through the cases.

This was uniformed police, not detectives. The series covers many cases, and really is a must-see for sleuthers, to appreciate the sheer scope of what they do.

Amongst other stories, a 13 year old girl who had vanished. They looked and looked and they found her, returned her home, only to have her be reported again two weeks later. Her mum was a bit rough around the edges but seriously beside herself with worry and grief, even though she suspected the little madam was alive and well just out being a brat...which she was.

There was a man who had gone missing years ago, they were reinvestigating. There was a massive amount of blood found at his house so they assumed he was murdered there and dumped somewhere.

The sheer grind of the questioning, was something else. Literally going into pubs, speaking to people who clearly didn't want to speak to them, chasing hobos and street people for information on a guy who they thought died years ago, and only his family missed.

Of course in the middle of all of this hard slog, an "amber alert" type disappearance can land in their lap which means they literally have to drop the current cases and divert all attention to the new one.

Truly an eye opener. I have found a few episodes on youtube so every one can appreciate the hard work LE do.

This show is produced with Australian values, which essentially means its much more documentary style than your usual cop reality show. It focuses on the grind not the glamour and gives an excellent portrayal of what the Missper team does.

Those of you who have read my posts through this thread remember me pointing out the similarities/dissimilarities to a very famous case here in Aus, Daniel Morcombe, who vanished in literally two minutes, from a bus stop on a busy public highway.

There are eerie similarities, but in Daniel's case, there were witnesses.

Here's a link that covers some of that search. The show is 4 years old now. Daniel's remains have only just been found, and a man is in custody awaiting trial.

Warning - Daniel's family will tear your heart out. They have aged so much, his father has gone snow white.

Missing Persons Unit - Daniel Morcombe Case - YouTube

IIRC, last thing I heard on TG seeing the bikes at the lake placed the time as late as 12:23 or 24. But since Mr Pahl said the time on the CCTV is slow by 8 minutes that time is 12:19. Still too short a time for the girls to ride to the lake, much less be gone by 12:24. MOO
Exactly my thoughts. Which is why I've tried to convince myself that the security camera was actually off by one hour & 8 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb