IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet another white van. I'm not the first to ask this, I know, but does a white van just come automatically in the creepy guy tool kit?

I'm starting to wonder if a white van's been involved in any abductions in recent years (it's possible, I have no idea, but just thinking). It seems to be the most obvious possible vehicle for someone to use. I don't think like a creepy guy (or gal) thankfully, but if I were someone like that I think I'd avoid white vans like the plague just because they're too obvious!

Yes. I agree. I still don't see how anyone could take these girls in a boat. Where the heck ya gonna go?? Had to be something regarding the boat person being some sort of witness. MOO (if even that,, see I'm still skeptical of this whole boat deal lol)

What iyou're right? ;)
What if there WAS someone in a boat on the lake that day....
someone who saw an adult and 2 little girls walking towards or getting into a vehicle?

Maybe the person who saw the girls didn't think anything of it....
Not knowing something was amiss the witness
maybe thought the girls were walking with a parent. :what:

Huge ? For me......

Why was the purse left behind?

Your Elvis clock sounds too cute!

I wonder if you're correct about the time on the cctv camera. The most important thing to them would be to get images of a suspect or their vehicle and know just in general what time it was. Being off an hour one way or the other wouldn't make much difference.

They probably have more cameras recording inside their building, which may be more easily set. After all, those would be the most important cameras (and least likely to have lens obscured by rain or dust).

It is a really neat clock, like a cuckoo clock, but instead of a bird coming out, Elvis comes out on the hour and sings part of a song. There are 4 partial songs on rotation that can be switched on-off. My husband gave me the clock last Christmas. It is really awkward to climb up to get the clock down just to reset, so I just let it go. Elvis announces the right time half the year, and he seems happy with that.

Yes, I wonder if it was the same thing with the camera whose film we see. Might not be worth the hassle of resetting the time twice a year if it is the images recorded that are important most of the time, not the exact time.

Yes Very strong wording.. I do not recall hearing police or speaker say on any other case that they
are Confident that the girls are alive.

unless the have proof.

That has always bothered me from the start and then come out and try to back track thier statement! These are kids we are talking about.:maddening:
Backtrack is not about using the wrong wording.
I do not buy it!

Yep ;)

Think of someone in your life that you know very well and you're sure would never commit a violent crime. Then imagine that there was a violent crime and that LE releases the info that a suspect in the case may have been wearing a John Deere cap. You know the someone in your life has a John Deere cap... but you're still convinced of that person's trustworthiness.

I don't know about you but I know for me, it would be a really difficult decision to turn that person's name in to LE. I also know I'm not alone in that. For instance, Ann Rule made it clear in The Stranger Beside Me that once LE started looking for "Ted" from Lake Sammamish, she found it really difficult to turn his name in.

She did turn his name in but she didn't do it through the tip line. She spoke to a police officer she knew so she could explain how unlikely it was that the Ted Bundy she knew was "Ted."

Ann Rule wasn't the only person who found it difficult to turn in Ted Bundy's name. His girlfriend at the time tried to do it three times anonymously before she finally was able to do it in person. With the benefit of hindsight, his GF's hesitation seems strange because she knew the ways his schedule coincided with the disappearances, she knew he had plaster cast material, etc. At the time, though, it wasn't clear at all. After all, she trusted this guy so much that she was sleeping with him.

I think LE is hoping that if there is someone with doubts out there, that they will share those doubts with the tip email address. I think the email address is ingenious because it is sometimes easier to write something down than it is to say it out loud.

Personally, I don't think the perp currently lives in Evansdale. I think the perp lived there and has moved away but not very far. I could easily be wrong, though.

After disappearing 8 weeks ago, I'll bet the farm the abductor has been reported to LE. LE IMO doesn't have the evidence yet to make an arrest.
Sadly I think is def a murder case.
I hope an arrest is made soon.

Doesn't open , won't even load, :(
What is okoboji? I'm leery of opening things Minot sure off. Tia

I had to cut and paste the last part of the url to get it to work.

Lake Okoboji is a lake in northwest Iowa that is a very popular vacation spot. The University of Iowa has a field campus up there and I stayed there for several weeks in the middle 80s when my now ex-husband was doing research for his Ph.D.

The URL leads to the site of a small newspaper that serves the Lake Okoboji area.

My thought is that someone suspected of being involved (maybe not the actual abductor) is finally talking and/or the police have suspects and are letting them know that they are closing in on them.

IMOO...The "6 Key Points" addresses specific elements of what LE/FBI believes has happened and it targets a specific person(s) based on evidence and/or witness testimony.

My thoughts exactly. Now panic may set in for the perp(s) and LE, and the public, can be on the lookout for strange behavior. Just :moo:

I hope and pray for tips to come pouring in!

I just had an idea but I'm not sure how to go about investigating it.

I suddenly remembered that a lot of companies that have fleets of delivery vehicles install GPS in those vehicles, so they can keep track of what drivers are doing. I also know that if there aren't any complaints about a specific driver such as delayed deliveries or bad driving reports, those GPS records are just stored without any human looking at them.

What I would really love is some way of asking companies with any kind of delivery vehicle with GPS to look back over their records for the last 3 to 6 months to see if any of their vehicles ever stopped at the parking lot by Meyer's Lake.

My thought is that the perp may have a regular delivery route and may have used the vehicle to scout out potential locations for abduction. Then on 13 July, the perp came back in their own vehicle.

I'm thinking of companies like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, bakeries, etc, not just mail or UPS or Fedex.
It can't be sleuthed even in a minor way because no ones been named a poi.

Maybe some local reporter will read this. :)

Can this be emailed to a local newspaper? Idk

On this website it does give a description of what Lyric was last wearing:
http://cedarfalls.patch.com/articles/cedar-falls-and-black-hawk-county-s-missing-kids#photo-11204091

Lyric R. Cook, 10. Reported missing to the Evansdale Police Department (319-232-6682), in Evansdale on July 13, 2012. She was last seen about 12:05 p.m. wearing a lime green shirt with an animal print and flip flops. She has chin-length hair. Lyric has a mole on the back of her neck the size of a dime. Lyric and her 8-year-old cousin Elizabeth were riding bikes. Their bikes were found abandoned near Meyers Lake. Weight: 145 lbs., Height: 4'11", Race: White, Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue, Sex: Female.

I had to cut and paste the last part of the url to get it to work.

Lake Okoboji is a lake in northwest Iowa that is a very popular vacation spot. The University of Iowa has a field campus up there and I stayed there for several weeks in the middle 80s when my now ex-husband was doing research for his Ph.D.

The URL leads to the site of a small newspaper that serves the Lake Okoboji area.

Thanks so much!
How nice you were able to stay there while your ex researched.

On this website it does give a description of what Lyric was last wearing:
http://cedarfalls.patch.com/articles/cedar-falls-and-black-hawk-county-s-missing-kids#photo-11204091

Lyric R. Cook, 10. Reported missing to the Evansdale Police Department (319-232-6682), in Evansdale on July 13, 2012. She was last seen about 12:05 p.m. wearing a lime green shirt with an animal print and flip flops. She has chin-length hair. Lyric has a mole on the back of her neck the size of a dime. Lyric and her 8-year-old cousin Elizabeth were riding bikes. Their bikes were found abandoned near Meyers Lake. Weight: 145 lbs., Height: 4'11", Race: White, Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue, Sex: Female.

Excellent find!
Snow, do you remember if one of Lyrics flip flops was found or was that speculation.

Excellent find!
Snow, do you remember if one of Lyrics flip flops was found or was that speculation.

I don't know the answer to that one. I wish I did. Sorry!

There was not a description of what Elizabeth was wearing that day.

I don't know the answer to that one. I wish I did. Sorry!

There was not a description of what Elizabeth was wearing that day.

I missed reading what Lyric wore , so I'm thankful you posted that. :)

Does anyone know how to get into the Police Blotter in Iowa? I use to be able to get into the Blotter here in SD and boy can you find out interesting things that way. I believe its Public Record. Just a thought. I remember coming home one night and seeing the PD walking my neighbor down the street in hand cuffs but didn't know what was going on so instead of asking my neighbors what was going on and looking like a nosy neighbor I got into the police blotter. You'd be surprised what you can find out from the blotter. At least one would know what kind of calls the PD was getting that day and where.

Does anyone know how to get into the Police Blotter in Iowa? I use to be able to get into the Blotter here in SD and boy can you find out interesting things that way. I believe its Public Record. Just a thought. I remember coming home one night and seeing the PD walking my neighbor down the street in hand cuffs but didn't know what was going on so instead of asking my neighbors what was going on and looking like a nosy neighbor I got into the police blotter. You'd be surprised what you can find out from the blotter. At least one would know what kind of calls the PD was getting that day and where.

Im two hours north of Des Moines; this is as close to Evansdale Police Blotter as i can find......

http://www.waterloopolice.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=63

Hope it helps

ArtzyPantz

I think LE is basing the points on a profile. Assuming the person is "trustworthy"-in order to take two children, quietly and unseen, they probably would have to appear respectable, seem familiar to the kids even if not actually known by them. Maybe some sort of worker's uniform, etc.

I've had a scenario in mind for a long time. At times, I've wavered, but after this, the idea has returned. It's against TOS so I can't post it, but I will state again that I believe LE does know and that this latest release is to someone in particular.

I just had an idea but I'm not sure how to go about investigating it.

I suddenly remembered that a lot of companies that have fleets of delivery vehicles install GPS in those vehicles, so they can keep track of what drivers are doing. I also know that if there aren't any complaints about a specific driver such as delayed deliveries or bad driving reports, those GPS records are just stored without any human looking at them.

What I would really love is some way of asking companies with any kind of delivery vehicle with GPS to look back over their records for the last 3 to 6 months to see if any of their vehicles ever stopped at the parking lot by Meyer's Lake.

My thought is that the perp may have a regular delivery route and may have used the vehicle to scout out potential locations for abduction. Then on 13 July, the perp came back in their own vehicle.

I'm thinking of companies like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, bakeries, etc, not just mail or UPS or Fedex.

Excellent thought. Also repair-type vans: cable, hvac, plumbing.....

Most delivery trucks have a prescribed daily route with required stops that would be logged, often by computer (vending machine drivers, ie). And repair trucks also use computers to confirm arrival and print invoices.

So even without GPS, it might be helpful to see if any stops along the routes of these drivers was missed that day, or if there were any late arrivals.

And yet another white van. I'm not the first to ask this, I know, but does a white van just come automatically in the creepy guy tool kit?

Yes, I think that's what's on the base model. ;) And you have to upgrade to get any plates on the vehicle.

:banghead:

Excellent thought. Also repair-type vans: cable, hvac, plumbing.....

Most delivery trucks have a prescribed daily route with required stops that would be logged, often by computer (vending machine drivers, ie). And repair trucks also use computers to confirm arrival and print invoices.

So even without GPS, it might be helpful to see if any stops along the routes of these drivers was missed that day, or if there were any late arrivals.

That would be good to check.

And not just for 13 July. The more I think about it, the more I think that using a work vehicle to do some scouting of locations and then doing the actual deed using one's own vehicle would be a fairly clever thing to do. Which kind of goes against the fact that most criminals are not particularly intelligent... but a few are.

So frustrating.

The other thing I wonder is where various delivery drivers were taking their lunch breaks. If a delivery vehicle with GPS showed that the driver was parking at that parking lot by Meyer's Lake during lunch breaks, I'd think that would be okay with the company.

I have a feeling that this is one of those cases where there won't be one big piece of evidence but tons of little details that eventually fall together to make the picture clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810