IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed JJB's and CMF's picture to my friend. (me, being a Websleuth...lol) I asked her, "Did you know XX is friends with JJB on Facebook?" (XX is a local guy that comes around us while we are working, so we are always just nice to him. This guy is overly-clingy/mentally challenged plus is friends with many convicted/possibly non convicted child molesters in Evansdale yet says he hates child molesters. :waitasec: I asked her.. "Do you believe XX is capable of murder?" She said "No." I agreed. I then asked.. "Do you think he is capable of being an accessory?" She said "Yes, I know he would go along with whatever someone told him to do" and I agreed.

I am seriously considering asking the police to question him. He will crack if he knows anything, believe me.

If you think this guy could be involved, go ahead and call. You'd feel terrible after the fact if it turns out he was involved, and you hesitated to call about him. JMO

I don't think that Nancy Grace and Jane Valez Mitchell are considered to be all that credible, but comments from family about missing family members made on those programs certainly seems credible.

It seems to me that WS'ers do a lot more ridiculing of NG than we take her seriously. I do consider seriously what witnesses say on her program but that's only because I can evaluate them for myself. I sure wouldn't take NG's word for anything.

Sqeeze, I've read so much over there at CVM on JJB. Oh agree, NG or JVM. chills. There doesn't appear to be much intelligence defending him. $100K bond is pretty darn impressive and fits. I'd focus on him as he is related possibly to one of the girls per statements on fb, Drew commented about him, other family did too and posted although they admit their not knowing but I'm sure sex offenders are high on their chart for the girls deaths. Not sure what all has been removed but the people who would blame a 12 year old over a 20 year old recently lonely guy, is beyond my scope.

We wonder why or how people don't step up if they know something, I think the comments I read were some of the most disgusting comments by a family/friends of someone charged in a sexual assault on a 12 year old by a 20 year old (21, Dec. 5th) than anyone should ever witness. There's no defense for it. A 12 year old child can't seduce a 20year old! Boy that po's me. jmo

First, Doc, let me say that ITA with what you say, but (and I don't know any of these people, so this may be harsh, and it could be wrong for this particular individual, and I am speaking generally, not specifically) but, IMO, in a deviant-minded 20-y/o, I think he could rationalize that indeed, a 12 y/o could be seducing him -- he (in his mind) is the poor victim here -- "You didn't see how she was dressed, or how she walked, or how she was looking at me. I thought she was much older, plus she wanted it. I didn't do anything that some other guy wouldn't do." And on, and on.

Is that what we have here? (Still hoping the sexual assault was not in play with our little girls.) Please, please, no.
icon9.gif

Has anyone looked at this guy:
JLB Booked 8/15/2012
$85,000.00 Bond
ENTICING AWAY A MINOR, ATTEMP ENTICE A MINOR, SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE 3RD DEGREE

Page 2, 3rd from the bottom, http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx

If you google his name, you'll find a couple of articles that discuss why he is in jail and the age of his victim. I won't post any links, since he is not a POI in this case, I'm just letting you know info out there for those who are curious (like me!)

Has anyone looked at this guy:
JLB Booked 8/15/2012
$85,000.00 Bond
ENTICING AWAY A MINOR, ATTEMP ENTICE A MINOR, SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE 3RD DEGREE

Page 2, 3rd from the bottom, http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx

He's from Central City....what is he doing around here??? :waitasec:
That would be quite a ride. There, then Evansdale, then to 7 Bridges.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Central+C...t=41.976341&lon=-91.67376&zoom=10&mvt=m&trf=0

Wondering if there are any other of his possible victims along the way?

I usually am just a lurker, but want to post a few random thoughts.

1. I think there is a danger in imposing a mature mindset to dear Lyric and Elizabeth's mindsets that day. Kids are not good at planning, spontaneous, and have no concept of time. Perhaps Lyric was at an age where she was pushing boundaries a bit, so while they very well have been lured to the lake, they may have gone there on a lark.

2. Similarly, as better-stated by others, it's erroneous to assume a rational mindset for a predatory individual. They are wrapped up in sadistic power fantasies, feel entitled, and are often thrill-seekers. While we might be at a park and notice the tranquility or the fishing, they may see it as a place to conceal a victim. They are often trolling around and continually planning crimes in fantasies. They may have a kit in the car ready just in case they see a potential victim. Thus a crime may occur because they have considered so many variables already even if they have not selected their victims in advance. He may have simply overheard the kids talking about going to the lake on a quiet summer day because he had the windows down and made an educated guess that they would end up in the secluded spot. If he was wrong, it would still make an exciting fantasy and he would file away the data for his next potential crime.

3. What strikes me about this case is that the perp had a lot of confidence to navigate two crime scenes at the initial abduction site and transporting the girls to 7 bridges, presuming that is where they were tragically killed. He or they had to inhibit their impulses and reign in their sick excitement to enact these steps. Why so much confidence? Knowledge of the area? Learning from experience? An ability to delay gratification like this is significant. (Many predators attack violently on the spot and flee even with just a bit of "privacy" because they cannot manage their impulses long enough.) Someone without this confidence and "restraint" would not have tried to grab two kids, IMO.

4. This person has a scary history, whether it's known to the law or not. if he's young and single, his mom would have felt afraid or his girlfriend. If he's older, his kids or wife or coworkers or someone that has been under his power. Perhaps he has stalked someone online. He will have a pattern. People like this act out these fantasies compulsively.

5. If this is a drug related vengeance, I think the crime coincides with a power-hungry individual's fantasies about harming young girls.

6. IMO, this perp could be someone with a long history harming children. Though from the area, he is somewhat transient whether because of a job or frequent moves. Wherever he goes, children get hurt. If younger and less experienced, he knows the area very, very well have lots of time to troll around. I think it would be helpful to know who drives around a lot on the back roads and through town. These predators troll in one way or another.

7. If it is two perps, one will be dominant and more experienced.

I hope and pray for justice and for getting this perp off the streets. He won't stop of his own volition.

First, Doc, let me say that ITA with what you say, but (and I don't know any of these people, so this may be harsh, and it could be wrong for this particular individual, and I am speaking generally, not specifically) but, IMO, in a deviant-minded 20-y/o, I think he could rationalize that indeed, a 12 y/o could be seducing him -- he (in his mind) is the poor victim here -- "You didn't see how she was dressed, or how she walked, or how she was looking at me. I thought she was much older, plus she wanted it. I didn't do anything that some other guy wouldn't do." And on, and on.

Is that what we have here? (Still hoping the sexual assault was not in play with our little girls.) Please, please, no.
icon9.gif

BBM

You've hit the nail on the head.

I don't see anything strange about hearing more of Dan and Misty either. The police leaned very hard on them, but that goes with the territory. LE HAD to eliminate them first, IMO. Funny thing is, I never thought Dan was involved. Despite his past, I saw in him a genuine sense of grief that allowed me to check him off of my list of suspects rather quickly(not that my list matters at all lol). Other family members...well, it took me a bit longer. But I have removed all family members from MY list because, frankly, I think they would have been caught by now. I imagine the alibis of the entire family and their close associates have been thoroughly checked and re-checked. It's the lesser associates I worry about. A familiar face, but no one particularly close with the family.

I completely agree.

I think that when the perp is caught, it will be someone somewhat familiar to the families but the connection is so tenuous that no family member thought of that person's name. They might not even know the perp's name, he may just be someone they've seen as they go about their every day lives.

I think if it was someone with a close connection to any family member, they would have been arrested by now.

BBM
Is there that large of a forest tract next to the lake?

No, AuntTB has no apparent sense of size or distance. The wooded area near the lake that she's talking about is maybe 2 acres. It goes along with her describing it as being 400 yards away. If it were that far, they'd be in the middle of the Flying J.

The reason the wooded area is so thick with vegetation is because it is so small that it is all essentially edge habitat. If it was 400 acres, the inner area of the woods would be sparsely vegetated.

My own impression of AuntTB is that she means well but she doesn't know what she doesn't know, so she says everything as though she knows it is absolutely a fact. In these parts, we'd describe her as "good hearted but excitable."

Outside which store? Cornbelt Auctions or Fareway? Nobody saw them from the Lederman's / Cornbelt Auctions parking lot (as far as we know). That sighting was because they showed up on the security camera in that parking lot.

The Fareway sighting has named witnesses, but they've never been named in the MSM, only on FB, so we have to consider it rumor here.

So, to answer your question, no, there were no named witnesses from either store.

It is definitely a rumor that is not supported by statements released by police.

He's from Central City....what is he doing around here??? :waitasec:
That would be quite a ride. There, then Evansdale, then to 7 Bridges.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Central+C...t=41.976341&lon=-91.67376&zoom=10&mvt=m&trf=0

Wondering if there are any other of his possible victims along the way?

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but IMO we should stop this train before it pulls out of the station. This individual has no known connection to this case, so we aren't supposed to discuss him or speculate about him.

Obviously everyone is free to look up information on their own.

I'd like to let the mods have a nice New Year's Eve, instead of them having to spend time on this thread deleting posts and putting people in time-outs, LOL.

I showed JJB's and CMF's picture to my friend. (me, being a Websleuth...lol) I asked her, "Did you know XX is friends with JJB on Facebook?" (XX is a local guy that comes around us while we are working, so we are always just nice to him. This guy is overly-clingy/mentally challenged plus is friends with many convicted/possibly non convicted child molesters in Evansdale yet says he hates child molesters. :waitasec: I asked her.. "Do you believe XX is capable of murder?" She said "No." I agreed. I then asked.. "Do you think he is capable of being an accessory?" She said "Yes, I know he would go along with whatever someone told him to do" and I agreed.

I am seriously considering asking the police to question him. He will crack if he knows anything, believe me.

I strongly encourage you to call the tip line.

If there is nothing to it, then no harm done. If there is something this guy knows, then you may well be instrumental in getting a predator off the streets.

No, AuntTB has no apparent sense of size or distance. The wooded area near the lake that she's talking about is maybe 2 acres. It goes along with her describing it as being 400 yards away. If it were that far, they'd be in the middle of the Flying J.

The reason the wooded area is so thick with vegetation is because it is so small that it is all essentially edge habitat. If it was 400 acres, the inner area of the woods would be sparsely vegetated.

My own impression of AuntTB is that she means well but she doesn't know what she doesn't know, so she says everything as though she knows it is absolutely a fact. In these parts, we'd describe her as "good hearted but excitable."

BBM

And in Texas, where I'm originally from, we'd say "bless her heart, she means well."

icon9.gif

If he would think like that about a 12 year old, he would think like that about a 4 year old, too. A guy told me how his father had to write a statement to the police in his "defense", talking about how his little grandaughter threw herself at him while he was driving, wouldn't leave him alone..her legs were showing.. he couldn't help it, It was all her fault. He told his dad, "You can't give this to the police, they'll put you in jail right away." His dad still didn't get it, and wanted to turn it in as his defense.

MAKES ME SICK!!!!!! :puke: We need tougher laws, that's for sure!!

I strongly encourage you to call the tip line.

If there is nothing to it, then no harm done. If there is something this guy knows, then you may well be instrumental in getting a predator off the streets.

O.k. I'll do it right now. I hope this helps find the killer!! :please:

Nobody was there, just a recording to call back later.

Really, when I think of it - who has the heart to cold-bloodedly kill two cute girls and just leave them out in the spooky woods while a whole town is crying for them?Who could hate them that much, or be so devoid of feeling?
Does that person feel satisfied, accomplished?
Think nothing of it and biding time till the next victim?

Feeling remorse, fear,self- disgust and falling apart?

If the individual is as deviant & devoid of feeling & consequences as I think he may be, then those bbm items should be no big deal to him. That's why he will do it again & again & that's why he will never go to LE and confess. In short, a probable sociopath who may have been abused as well (no excuses, however, none at all -- maybe understanding the relevance, but still no mercy).
icon8.gif

Maybe a sibling or a girlfriend of this deviant will remember something that could be a possible link -- and call an anonymous hotline? Or use a pay-phone & call LE. That's what we need & could provide that oh-so-valuable tip that breaks the case.
icon9.gif
That may be what we are left with here. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members