IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Misty mentions Heather being there:

COOK-MORRISSEY: ...My mom had been driving around looking for them. We stood in the yard and talked for a few minutes. Heather pulled up, had not been able to find them. It was about 2:20, 2:30 PM. And so Heather said, I`m going to the police station. And that`s when she went to the Evansdale PD to involve them

Drew came home:

COOK: ...so Kelly (ph), Elizabeth`s brother, he`s 12 -- I hopped in my car because the dad came home, and I went searching Elk Run. We were down by Meyers Lake. We drove all over every little park and Evansdale, Elk Run, every mentionable place, downtown area. And we couldn`t find nobody.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html (Nancy Grace, 17 July 2012)

Does this mean Wylma did not start driving around and looking until after Drew got home?

Just offhand, Lyric's physique reminds me of a wrestler. Maybe she did wrestle as part of the pre-K through 8 wrestling club. In looking at Amanda's site, there was a picture of Dan and the guy has some serious pipes. Definitely he worked out. I wonder if he wrestled in his youth in school.

Makes me wonder if Lyric did wrestle she would have been hard to control if she wanted to get away from someone.

Need to find out if she was or her brother is in the club. Or maybe she has simply watched the neighborhood boys in their backyards that is associated with this club? If so that information would be another connection to both of my questionable people, and the one that I suspected of being a possible accomplice. And if there is a Readlyn club that meets with the Evansdale club... guess who may have been in town that day? :what:

I did a search on "Evansdale, Iowa wrestling club". They have a Facebook page. From what I read, they only have meets during the school year. They did have a camp for 7-12th grades during July, but it was at East High in the morning & that is nowhere near Evansdale. If this is violating TOS please tell me & I will delete.

Was the RSO discussed earlier a wrestler, or the RSO friend of the RSO a wrestler? I know the one RSO was not a big guy, but the other was bigger. Refresher please and thank you.

I'm trying to word this so I don't get in time out. I don't think I can about one person, so I'll have to do this in general terms.

XX may have nieces and nephews that may like to wrestle. I'm sure they don't have a bouncer at the door of these events with a computer checking to see who is on the registry or not. Easy to make friends with family members or fans of the wrestlers there, especially if they didn't know they are sex offenders. Not much to go on, but a possible connection for this person to have met the girls.

*advertiser censored*, a possible accomplice to whoever did this, LOVES wrestling. I'm talking obsessed with it, and lives in Evansdale. He may frequent these places the wrestling club gathers at. I know he loves to do wrestling with his friends in the backyard. He could have met the girls through any of his friends, but need to know if she hangs around kids that wrestle that are in the group, if she herself or her brother was in the group. He is not friends that I know of with XX.

XXXX Is an unknown person with a son/daughteror family member or friend in wrestling that lives in Readlyn, or around there. He may have gotten to know the girls somehow? What if he were in town for an upcoming meet, saw them and killed them.... then dropped them at 7 bridges on his way home?

Sorry, haven't had time to think all this out... I usually don't say anything until I have facts, but we are Websleuths. Any thoughts/ideas for or against are very much appreciated!!

I'm trying to word this so I don't get in time out. I don't think I can about one person, so I'll have to do this in general terms.

XX may have nieces and nephews that may like to wrestle. I'm sure they don't have a bouncer at the door of these events with a computer checking to see who is on the registry or not. Easy to make friends with family members or fans of the wrestlers there, especially if they didn't know they are sex offenders. Not much to go on, but a possible connection for this person to have met the girls.

*advertiser censored*, a possible accomplice to whoever did this, LOVES wrestling. I'm talking obsessed with it, and lives in Evansdale. He may frequent these places the wrestling club gathers at. I know he loves to do wrestling with his friends in the backyard. He could have met the girls through any of his friends, but need to know if she hangs around kids that wrestle that are in the group, if she herself or her brother was in the group. He is not friends that I know of with XX.

XXXX Is an unknown person with a son/daughteror family member or friend in wrestling that lives in Readlyn, or around there. He may have gotten to know the girls somehow? What if he were in town for an upcoming meet, saw them and killed them.... then dropped them at 7 bridges on his way home?

Sorry, haven't had time to think all this out... I usually don't say anything until I have facts, but we are Websleuths. Any thoughts/ideas for or against are very much appreciated!!

I don't think Lyric or her brother would have belonged to a wrestling club in Evansdale. They didn't live there.

I don't think Lyric or her brother would have belonged to a wrestling club in Evansdale. They didn't live there.
Thank-you! :) Then that would mean just the girls may have stopped at someone's house on their bike ride that day to watch kids wrestling outside on a lawn or in a home garage on mats. I didn't even know she was interested in wrestling. They may have made friends with some of the members.

I know that Lizzie played in a softball team with Evansdale youth sports. One of my facebook friends has a granddaughter on the same team. I wonder if they played any teams from the Readlyn or Waverly area.

She was on Team Advantage.

Eysasports.org

And also Lizzie played hockey.....

Not sure of the significance, but Lyric liked to wrestle -

M. MORRISSEY: Yes. She even likes wrestling.

D. MORRISSEY: Yes.

M. MORRISSEY: She likes to wrestle.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

Quoting myself...

We don't know that Lyric was interested in wrestling as a sport. I suspect Dan and Misty meant that Lyric enjoyed wrestling (playing) with them. Something similar to what Misty references below (quote from Misty at Lyric's service):

Lyric and I had squishy love; the love where you smash your faces together and hug rolling on the ground telling each other over and over how much you love the other.

from Amanda's Photobucket (link on page 1 of this thread)

You know Marilyn.... I think you have written the perfect WebSleuth post! :rocker: You rule! Your post made me listen to David A. Coe! Thank you! "So, I'll hang around as long as y'all will let me. I never minded satnding in the rain....." :great:

Agree with everything she posted...not sure if taken immediately to 7 bridges though!

I don't think that what Wylma was doing at 1:30 really makes any difference.

I think it might, depending upon where she was and who she was talking to. JMO

And maybe someone was lurking and watching the girls. Perhaps they noticed grandma driving off so they decided it was their perfect tiny window of opportunity. ?

My kids played sports in neighboring towns. And since the kids spent a lot of time with their relatives in Evansdale, they might have signed up for an activity there/

I don't think that what Wylma was doing at 1:30 really makes any difference.

I think it might be the key to the whole case. Say Wylma and Tammy had plans to meet someone somewhere for something. No idea what, where, or why. But that person or a peripheral person would know that they would otherwise occupied and could take advantage of that to take the girls.

Was the RSO discussed earlier a wrestler, or the RSO friend of the RSO a wrestler? I know the one RSO was not a big guy, but the other was bigger. Refresher please and thank you.

Sorry..i didn't answer that. I saw he was friends with a wrestlers mom on that Evansdale youth team.That's what got me wondering.

I think it might be the key to the whole case. Say Wylma and Tammy had plans to meet someone somewhere for something. No idea what, where, or why. But that person or a peripheral person would know that they would otherwise occupied and could take advantage of that to take the girls.

Maybe Grandma and/or Tammy were lured away from their homes under false pretenses to ensure that they weren't near the site of the abduction (wherever it was) at a given time! Maybe they had an arrangement to meet someone who was expecting something from them and used the girls as collateral for whatever it was.

Maybe they went to where they were supposed to go or met with whoever they were supposed to meet and something wasn't right or went wrong when they got there. Whatever transpired made them immediately realize the girls were in danger. This would explain the frantic and chaotic search by family members within the short time the girls were missing. It would also explain why it hasn't been publicly stated (although possibly known by LE) where Tammy and Grandma had the "appointment/errand".

Quoting myself...

We don't know that Lyric was interested in wrestling as a sport. I suspect Dan and Misty meant that Lyric enjoyed wrestling (playing) with them. Something similar to what Misty references below (quote from Misty at Lyric's service):

from Amanda's Photobucket (link on page 1 of this thread)

It sounded a bit more like organised wrestling to me mainly because Dan and Misty seemed quite bemused by her interest. This would imply something a bit more than just roughing around with your brothers, I grew up with 2 older brothers of my own, we called it "fighting" (and I usually lost).

Wrestling as a sport in high schools, is quite prominent over there, no? :waitasec:

I'm getting that they;re sleuthing an RSO/wrestling connection locally, which presupposes a sexual motive.

:dunno:

What I remember is that the oldest of the children was going to watch the younger ones when Wylma left ... for the short time until Heather came home.

Ok now I'm confused.

Gramma said she left when Dan came home, at 12.30.

She said her and Kelly went hunting.

Then she went and got Tammy from Waterloo.

Then Tammy and her went to run their errands but were called back by Drew (not sure if they'd dropped Kelly off or not).

Then they went straight to the Lake.

Then they went to the Collins' again, met up with Misty at 2.20, Heather pulled up having also been out looking, and she then went to the police.

Then, did they all go back to the lake? :waitasec:

Have I missed something?

Wrestling is very popular in Iowa. The University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and the University of Northern Iowa all have nationally competitive teams. Even the smaller colleges and community colleges in the state have teams that are well regarded. Both Iowa and Iowa State have won national championships and Iowa was from the late 70s through the 90s the preeminent wrestling team in the United States at the college level.

Dan Gable, Iowa's former wrestling coach, wrestled at Iowa State and won a gold medal at the 72 Summer Games. The man is revered in the state of Iowa to the point where he was being courted by BOTH political parties in the run-up to the election for governor a number of years ago.

It sounded a bit more like organised wrestling to me mainly because Dan and Misty seemed quite bemused by her interest. This would imply something a bit more than just roughing around with your brothers, I grew up with 2 older brothers of my own, we called it "fighting" (and I usually lost).

Wrestling as a sport in high schools, is quite prominent over there, no? :waitasec:

I'm getting that they;re sleuthing an RSO/wrestling connection locally, which presupposes a sexual motive.

Could the statements of Lyric liking wrestling mean that she liked to WATCH IT on TV or went to WWE matches for entertainment? For instance, my husband "loves football", but it absolutely does not mean he plays it!

Could the statements of Lyric liking wrestling mean that she likes to WATCH IT on TV or go to WWE matches? For instance, my husband "loves football", but it absolutely does not mean he plays it!

"she likes to wrestle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member