IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we just have 2 conflicting official reports. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's spokesperson says 3:58. The Iowa Criminal Investigation Bureau (I'm sure I got that wrong -- but the STATE organization, not the County) says 2:00.

I don't think they are conflicting, necessarily. Could they have been seen at 2:00 as reported by DCI, but not "officially" found until 3:58 in the initial search?

1. Link please? We do not know the ages of the people fishing, TG noticed them. And really many 13-15 y/o boys are as big as grown men.
This is just a general post, but I'm surprised people make definitive statements about fishing, yet aren't fishermen themselves. I would have no qualms with walking around a lake fishing, moving around it casting as I went. I would have no qualms with riding my bike with my fishing gear. It's what kids in the Midwest do.

BBM
Definately agree with that....my nephew is 14 and stands 6' 2" and is as broad as his father. Several "boys" at the highschool look as tho they could be 19 or 20 years old with facial hair.

LE just isnt talking, so they will most likely have to move this case forward on their own.......unless somebody cracks.
MOO

Yeah why not have a go.

Everyone else is.

:p

It's because you have strong opinions in a situation where not all of us are as certain as you are. JMO

I'm still uncertain about a lot of things.:banghead:

OT

Anyone watching the game? Go SEC.

Otto could you be a dear and post the map of TGs bike route, that shows where the girls bikes were found? If it's handy, if not no worries, I'll look it up when I have a better device to work from.

evansdale_possibleroutes_zpsb4f5aa26.jpg

I just finished watching a short video of Lizzie and her sisters taken in 2010. It was sent to me via FB by someone in the Collins family.

After watching the video (and digging for a box of Kleenex), I realized that sometimes I'm too focused on proving a point and not focused enough on what is important - justice for Lyric and Lizzie.

I wish I had a time machine - I'd travel back to 11:30 on July 13th and save Lyric and Lizzie.

Yeah we aren't here posting (passionately or otherwise), because we don't care.

We are here because we care about 2 little girls.

That is more important than "right fighting".

OTTO....According to your map... is it possible then that the girls went by the RSO house on River Forest Rd??? It appears very possible!

I'm not sure if this matters...but the only unsolved murders of a child under 12 that I can think of since 2000 are...Celina Cass, Jennifer Short, Joey Bochicchio, Elizabeth and Lyric. I went through the Located, Crimes in the News, and Cold Cases forum but can't find anymore. On the other hand, I could name so many unsolved missing child cases in the past 3 years, let alone the past 13 years. Maybe I am just mistaken, but I feel like if a child's body is found, there's a much higher chance that the case will be solved. Hopefully, that turns out true for this case.

Thank you! You are a rock star! Now if only I could figure out what I'm missing.

I really wish LE could clear some people. Even if it was people we haven't even heard of, if they could say they've cleared 50 people, that would be awesome. If they could clear the family, that would be awesome. If they could clear RSOs, TG and MK that would be awesome.

I admire the work of the police in the Jessica Ridgeway case, they cleared the family quite quickly after she went missing. We know that is the most likely scenario, so the sooner they can be cleared and focus on other options, the more we can rule out.

:banghead:

I'm not sure if this matters...but the only unsolved murders of a child under 12 that I can think of since 2000 are...Celina Cass, Jennifer Short, Joey Bochicchio, Elizabeth and Lyric. I went through the Located, Crimes in the News, and Cold Cases forum but can't find anymore. On the other hand, I could name so many unsolved missing child cases in the past 3 years, let alone the past 13 years. Maybe I am just mistaken, but I feel like if a child's body is found, there's a much higher chance that the case will be solved. Hopefully, that turns out true for this case.

I wonder if the solve rate is higher in cases where the body was found quickly;seems like this would be the case. Also, I wonder if there were already suspects in some of the solved cases, and finding the body brought about charges.

OT...i see that there has been well over 300 viewers in this "located forum" for the past few hours and keep checking to see which, if any, case, has breaking news. But I am not seeing any. Anyway, just curious.

I just finished watching a short video of Lizzie and her sisters taken in 2010. It was sent to me via FB by someone in the Collins family.

After watching the video (and digging for a box of Kleenex), I realized that sometimes I'm too focused on proving a point and not focused enough on what is important - justice for Lyric and Lizzie.

I wish I had a time machine - I'd travel back to 11:30 on July 13th and save Lyric and Lizzie.

Me too.

I'm trying to look up info on "staging". There isn't much with respect to statistical data on it. What I can find seems to imply that it's rare. Regardless, I still don't believe the girls were taken close to home and then the bikes were staged at the lake by the perp(s). It seems that would be way more trouble than its worth in an abduction case. Not only would it be risky, but also time-consuming. If you thought ahead enough to stage the bikes to throw off LE, I would assume you would also think ahead enough to wipe down the bikes after you staged them in case you left some prints. Wouldn't it be way easier to snatch the kids right off the bikes and take off?

For whatever reason, I believe the girls rode to the lake. I believe they were snatched from the lake. And IF there was any staging of the bikes, it happened then. But I just cannot see those bikes being transported a mile in a vehicle and then carried to where they were eventually found.

I wonder why the photos of the cyclist talking with police are on the double fenced part of the trail, but not at the gate.

IMHO, it's because the subj photo was not taken, nor was it purported to have been taken, on the same day and/or location of where the poor little girls' bikes were discovered by LE.

SapphireSteel, you are a challenging person to disagree with. Sometimes I feel we are like this :pillowfight2:

But I respect your opinions, even when we disagree. I love a good argument.

Yes, she is talented at that. :cheers: a good, respectful argument can be a learning experience for those of us who mostly read. IMO

It's because you have strong opinions in a situation where not all of us are as certain as you are. JMO

I'm still uncertain about a lot of things.:banghead:

There isn't enough info for me to be certain about much. I wished a poi would have been named...but apparently LE doesn't have much of an inkling about who did these murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member