IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am getting confused over what we were discussing. I thought the topic was whether this guy could have abducted the girls.

I think I misunderstood the topic of discussion.:blushing:

Misty Morrissey's boyfriend at the time Lyric and Lizzie were abducted was not Jeffrey Mask, the man who escaped from jail.

Misty's boyfriend, who was discussed in some of the earlier threads, was Jeffrey Wyant. If you check her FB page prior to July 13th, he is one of her FB friends. Jeffrey Mask is not.

So IMO, there is no connection between Jeffrey Mask and Misty Morrissey, or between him and the girls.

I would encourage anyone not familiar with Joseph Duncan to read this short synopsis of the case :
It is so easy to look at the family.
That is what I did in this case. I was absolutely convinced it was the father or one of his friends, because of his background.
No one ever could have dreamed this monster exisisted!

When you read how this man operates you will see how hard a job LE has.
God forbid it's another Duncan.

On May 16, 2005, Kootenai County, Idaho authorities discovered the bodies of Brenda Groene, 40; her boyfriend, Mark McKenzie, 37; and her son, Slade Groene, 13, in their home along Lake Coeur d'Alene, outside the city of Coeur d'Alene. Two of Brenda Groene's other children, Dylan, 9, and Shasta, 8, were missing. An AMBER Alert was issued and searchers combed the area for the missing children while authorities investigated the deaths at the home as homicides. Autopsies determined the cause of death to be "blunt trauma to the head"; authorities also noted that the victims had been bound.

http://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/duncan-joseph-edward.htm

Jmo, but in order to get two girls to go quietly with the perp, he had to of over time gained their trust.

How do we know that? I know they took Dillin's computer, and a computer from Wylma's house. But how do we know they took ALL the computers she may have used? The question was, did they take Tammy's, where Lyric spent a lot of time with her 2 cousins. I don't ever remember reading that they took that computer.

ETA -- In fact, I'm almost positive they DIDN'T take computers from Tammy's house, since a creeper was communicating with Tammy's daughter over Facebook in Late July and she called the police.

I know that the computers were collected because I remember reading about it and discussing it a few months ago. I know this because I am confident that police know what they are doing and that they would collect all the computers that may contain information relevant to the investigation. If I first wondered whether the children were lured by an online predator, I know that police also considered this possibility.

I also know that police would not round up all the computers that belonged to all the friends that Lyric visited because it seems obvious that if Lyric was engaged in an online discussion with anyone, there would be evidence of this on computers that she regularly used.

BBM-that is your opinion stated as fact. Not all children are slaves to social media. My son has had his FB and twitter accounts for four years and he's used them maybe a dozen times.

The truth is, we don't KNOW much for sure. And I don't purport to KNOW things as fact. I am theorizing. As we ALL are at this point. My opinions and ideas are no less valid than anyone else's.

Police make logical decisions during murder investigations, so I have no doubt that they investigated all possible online connections. Here are a couple of links that can be found in less than 10 minutes, and I'm sure many more can be found if enough time is devoted to researching all the old links about the computers.

July 19
"Since Wednesday, the Morrisseys' phones and computers have been confiscated for evidence, though neither have been charged with any crime in the case."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/misty-daniel-morrissey-criminal-records-meth_n_1688083.html

July 18
"A computer was seized from the house, Cook said. A laptop belonging to Elizabeth's older brother was taken earlier in the investigation, she said."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/32...and-Elizabeth-Collins-causes-tensions-to-rise

I respectively disagree. I think it would depend whose computer IP it goes back to when the a/c was generated. If it showed as Tammy's or her daughter...or anyone who might have set it up to make it look like she may have been abducted by some perv, then I believe a warrant for THAT computer would be viable. Just because the a/c was set up on "someone's" computer doesn't prove they are the perps, but it would certainly cause alot of questions to be asked. Do we even know how much activity took place on it? How often visited? I agree that LE have the answers to the a/c, but to say it would lead to an immediate arrest is not in anyway absolute nor logical. IMO

Tammy is only one of the several siblings to Heather and Misty. Why are there no questions about the computers belonging to all the other siblings?

Tammy is only one of the several siblings to Heather and Misty. Why are there no questions about the computers belonging to all the other siblings?

I believe it's because we know Lyric spent time at her favorite aunt Tammy's house with her cousins. IIRC, Heather and Misty's other siblings, with the exception of Jeremiah Cook, do not live in the Waterloo/Evansdale area and therefore, the chances of Lyric using one of their computers is unlikely.

I believe it's because we know Lyric spent time at her favorite aunt Tammy's house with her cousins. IIRC, Heather and Misty's other siblings, with the exception of Jeremiah Cook, do not live in the Waterloo/Evansdale area and therefore, the chances of Lyric using one of their computers is unlikely.

True. Tammy stepped forward as a spokesperson on behalf of Heather and Misty when their children were abducted. Given that the family appears to be fairly close, I have no reason to assume that the children did not spend time with both maternal and paternal aunts and uncles. I think that the reason Tammy is repeatedly mentioned here is because we know her name and because she stepped up to the plate when the family was in distress. If another sibling had stepped up to the plate, perhaps that sibling would be the one that is often mentioned.

Elizabeth would have had access to computers through school, yet no one has wondered if all the school computers have been confiscated and searched in order to rule out the possibility that Elizabeth had an online relationship with a stranger. What about the library? Did they ever use library computers? Is it really reasonable to assume that the chidlren had some sort of continued online contact and grooming with a murderer, but it only happened when they were away from home?

True. Tammy stepped forward as a spokesperson on behalf of Heather and Misty when their children were abducted. Given that the family appears to be fairly close, I have no reason to assume that the children did not spend time with both maternal and paternal aunts and uncles. I think that the reason Tammy is repeatedly mentioned here is because we know her name and because she stepped up to the plate when the family was in distress. If another sibling had stepped up to the plate, perhaps that sibling would be the one that is often mentioned.

Elizabeth would have had access to computers through school, yet no one has wondered if all the school computers have been confiscated and searched in order to rule out the possibility that Elizabeth had an online relationship with a stranger. What about the library? Did they ever use library computers? Is it really reasonable to assume that the chidlren had some sort of continued online contact and grooming with a murderer, but it only happened when they were away from home?

I haven't followed all of the posts about the computer usage, I just responded to your post asking why Tammy and not other siblings were being discussed. But I don't think there was any criticism being leveled at Tammy, some posters were just wondering about where Lyric might have had computer access other than at home. This is part of the ongoing question of whether Lyric might have met someone through the internet.

I don't believe Lyric met anyone via the internet but since Tammy is the "favorite aunt" and has stated that Lyric spent a lot of time at her house, I can understand why some are curious.

I haven't followed all of the posts about the computer usage, I just responded to your post asking why Tammy and not other siblings were being discussed. But I don't think there was any criticism being leveled at Tammy, some posters were just wondering about where Lyric might have had computer access other than at home. This is part of the ongoing question of whether Lyric might have met someone through the internet.

I don't believe Lyric met anyone via the internet but since Tammy is the "favorite aunt" and has stated that Lyric spent a lot of time at her house, I can understand why some are curious.

Thanks. It seems to me that they spent a lot more time around school computers than those at a friend's home, so the school computers would be the more likely computers to search ... that is, if police believed that these children had online relationships with predators, but never communicated with the predators except when they were away from home. Furthermore, if the children were so careful to never communicate with a predator at the home of Heather and Drew, the home of Wylma and Misty and the home of Dan and his mother, wouldn't they also be careful to not use the computer at the home of the favorite aunt?

Well because I know LE took the ones from Gma's and the Collin's residences. We heard nothing about Tammy's.....yet her and Misty were close and spending almost everyday together at Geo Wyth Lake with Lyric and her 11 yr old cousin before Misty's employment. I'd venture to say, Misty & Lyric probably spent more time with Aunt Tammy than they did at home, but that is just my take on it and opinion only. There has not been mention of the other siblings beside the younger brother that OD'd with his gf. I don't know if he was living with his mother or the gf when this all went down. The remaining 3 others I have no clue since we haven't seen them mentioned in the MSM....not that I can recall anyway...except for an older sister living out of state.

Well because I know LE took the ones from Gma's and the Collin's residences. We heard nothing about Tammy's.....yet her and Misty were close and spending almost everyday together at Geo Wyth Lake with Lyric and her 11 yr old cousin before Misty's employment. I'd venture to say, Misty & Lyric probably spent more time with Aunt Tammy than they did at home, but that is just my take on it and opinion only. There has not been mention of the other siblings beside the younger brother that OD'd with his gf. I don't know if he was living with his mother or the gf when this all went down. The remaining 3 others I have no clue since we haven't seen them mentioned in the MSM....not that I can recall anyway...except for an older sister living out of state.

Are we assuming that Drew and Dan have no siblings, or is it a fact?

Regarding Tammy, it sounds like she and Heather, she and Wylma, and she and Misty are close. I have no doubt that she and many others are also close. That has nothing to do with the abduction and murder of Lyric and Elizabeth.

If the families were taking trips to the lake, I would expect that the computers were left at home.

What about church? Did the children have access to computers at church? What about the youth center near the old post office ... are there computers there? Did the children ever go there? It seems to me that if police want to know about someone's electronic footprint, the first place to start is at home. If there is no indication of online contact with a predator at home, I think it is extremely unlikely that there was electronic contact, grooming and luring (which doesn't happen overnight) with an online predator through a third party.

As far as school, it was summer break. I'm not a puter geek nor a parent, but surely the children's computer usage would be closely monitored at school and if issued any laptops to take home I would bet there are blocks on them of some kind and securities set up to limit where they could go on them. Maybe MN can add more to that situation. ???

Even if LE found something on any of the computers they looked at, they could be keeping that close in the investigation also. We don't even know for sure if the girls were sexually assualted, but from Heather & Drew's statements and actions, it certainly is easy to suspect they were....and from the family conflicts they may believe the connections could have been associations thru family members. All speculation......that's almost all we have. JMO

Regarding Tammy, it sounds like she and Heather, she and Wylma, and she and Misty are close. I have no doubt that she and many others are also close. That has nothing to do with the abduction and murder of Lyric and Elizabeth.

If the families were taking trips to the lake, I would expect that the computers were left at home.

What about church? Did the children have access to computers at church? What about the youth center near the old post office ... are there computers there? Did the children ever go there? It seems to me that if police want to know about someone's electronic footprint, the first place to start is at home. If there is no indication of online contact with a predator at home, I think it is extremely unlikely that there was contact with an online predator through a third party.

There are several places Lyric probably could have used a computer. I believe LE or FBI was able to pinpoint which computers were used.

Maybe MNDad or some other computer person can explain it to us.

As far as school, it was summer break. I'm not a puter geek nor a parent, but surely the children's computer usage would be closely monitored at school and if issued any laptops to take home I would bet there are blocks on them of some kind and securities set up to limit where they could go on them. Maybe MN can add more to that situation. ???

Even if LE found something on any of the computers they looked at, they could be keeping that close in the investigation also. We don't even know for sure if the girls were sexually assualted, but from Heather & Drew's statements and actions, it certainly is easy to suspect they were....and from the family conflicts they may believe the connections could have been associations thru family members. All speculation......that's almost all we have. JMO

They were abducted at noon on July 13. If there was online grooming by a predator, it would have started well before that date and I highly doubt that it would have been restricted to someone else's computer.

There is no reason for police to have evidence of a relevant online contact between the children and a predator and to do nothing about it for six months.

No, no, no. The reason I am mentioning Tammy in relation to computers is because her teenage daughter was being harassed by an online predator within weeks of the abduction. Tammy called the police and had the guy picked up! And we know Lyric was frequently with that cousin. Tammy/Misty took Lyric and that particular cousin swimming together almost daily and Lyric and that cousin went missing together 4 days before the abduction.

I am sure the police looked into that particular creeper in relation to this case. All I was saying is that I HOPE they looked on Tammy's computers because there is ACTUAL REASON to have looked there. It isn't just because Tammy was the family spokesperson.

What about church? Did the children have access to computers at church? What about the youth center near the old post office ... are there computers there? Did the children ever go there? It seems to me that if police want to know about someone's electronic footprint, the first place to start is at home. If there is no indication of online contact with a predator at home, I think it is extremely unlikely that there was electronic contact, grooming and luring (which doesn't happen overnight) with an online predator through a third party.

BBM: I think you just contradicted yourself.

I don't know anything about the other people or places, but do believe it is more probable with the amount of time we know those two...or four spent together just prior to the girls going missing. If they spent more or equal time with Tammy.. than their own home, then it would be logical for a SW to be served on whatever puter they had access to there. I could see T & M hooping it up and the girls in K's bedroom posting and googling away without their mothers knowing. JMO

I personally don't think the girls were groomed. IMO, groomers would want to keep them around....not so with the perps here apparently; yet, we are still waiting for the reports to tell us how long the ME thinks they had been deceased. It could change everyone's thinking and theories.

No, no, no. The reason I am mentioning Tammy in relation to computers is because her teenage daughter was being harassed by an online predator within weeks of the abduction. Tammy called the police and had the guy picked up! And we know Lyric was frequently with that cousin. Tammy/Misty took Lyric and that particular cousin swimming together almost daily and Lyric and that cousin went missing together 4 days before the abduction.

I am sure the police looked into that particular creeper in relation to this case. All I was saying is that I HOPE they looked on Tammy's computers because there is ACTUAL REASON to have looked there. It isn't just because Tammy was the family spokesperson.

Would you happen to have a link to Tammy's 11 year old daughter having some contact with an online predator? I don't recall reading about it.

Would you happen to have a link to Tammy's 11 year old daughter having some contact with an online predator? I don't recall reading about it.

There was speculation about this on the scanner thread "downstairs", but I don't believe anything was reported by MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela