IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard the "propped" against the fence many times but I don't think I've ever actually seen a link.

As you point out, I have been here since day one so it is unlikely I've missed it, although not impossible at all.

I keep most msm and links in a private document, and I have 80 pages of it on this case...nowhere can I find the "propped" statement except from an overexcited reporter's speculations.

But then I'm fairly sure I've got early onset Alzheimers anyway so I could well have missed it, like I did the 12.23 "confirmation". Sorry.

Well, I'm glad you called me on this anyway, because I may have been mistaken.

I cannot find anything so far from LE stating the bikes were leaning or propped against a fence.

This is what I did find:

There’s a chain link fence on both sides of the trail in the southeast corner of the lake. The bikes were sitting off the side of the trail between the fences, but the purse was on the lake-side of the inside fence.

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...cle_99fc6c00-ceaf-11e1-be83-0019bb2963f4.html

Maybe Misty or Tammy said something about how the bikes were found, I haven't checked any transcripts.

I was talking to my husband about the case and he suggested that, depending on what LE knows, maybe a sting operation could flush out the perp(s).

I got to thinking about it and started wondering just what sort of sting could be run.

Anyone want to speculate?

I'll start with what I came up with: LE makes a statement that paint fragments and carpet fibres consistent in characteristics to vehicle carpeting were found on the girls' clothing. Maybe they even point out that the specific combo of colour, type of paint and type of carpet would be strong evidence connecting a particular vehicle with the girls.

And then they monitor vehicle sales for the next month, to see if anyone whose name is already in the hopper sells a vehicle.

IMO that would be a good idea, also to check newspapers articles from the days after they went missing.

I was talking to my husband about the case and he suggested that, depending on what LE knows, maybe a sting operation could flush out the perp(s).

I got to thinking about it and started wondering just what sort of sting could be run.

Anyone want to speculate?

I'll start with what I came up with: LE makes a statement that paint fragments and carpet fibres consistent in characteristics to vehicle carpeting were found on the girls' clothing. Maybe they even point out that the specific combo of colour, type of paint and type of carpet would be strong evidence connecting a particular vehicle with the girls.

And then they monitor vehicle sales for the next month, to see if anyone whose name is already in the hopper sells a vehicle.

And LE could also keep tabs on any vehicles found burned, or cars scrapped at junkyards.

In thread #25 post #1664 SierraShelby answered a question about the 2 fishermen. His response is copy and pasted --> really didnt pay that much attention, really didnt think i need to at the time now wish i would have. i think planted or real i missed what ever happen by minutes or secondsif that was the bikes on video

BBM SeirraShelby has seen the video released of the girls riding bikes AND has seen bikes on the trail and he is not sure if they were the girls' bikes. That is my take on his statement. IMOO

I get the feeling that there is an investigation ongoing in one direction, and here has been since day one.

That is why we have no information.

If LE were clueless, they would have released more information by now. The new silence of certain parties, the silences from LE, the 110 house blitz back in October, the speech about the "people responsible", are all signs to me of a definitive direction in the investigation.

:cow:

ShyViolet, you are a constant treasure on these threads. Your willingness to find sources and then check those sources is much appreciated.

Just sayin'.

:blushing: Thank you so much, GrainneDhu. I consider that high praise, indeed!

I don't know HOW I missed this link but I hadn't ever seen this video.

http://wcfcourier.com/video-the-sea...mix_5b456bfa-ce01-11e1-92c2-0019bb2963f4.html

I find the first few seconds of Abben's statement to be in complete contradiction of what is in the transcripts of what happened that day according to interviews with the family members.

He states that Misty came home from work to pick up Lyric (around 2) and when she wasn't there "she thought they should be back" (I'm not sure who SHE is that he refers...Misty or Grandma) and started searching (driving around).

This is a blatant contradiction to what Misty, Tammy, Grandma have stated in their transcripts as to the first moments of realizing the girls are missing.

I'm going to keep looking for new videos I've missed.

I'm not saying anyone is lying...I'm just realizing I've obviously missed videos of what LE is confirming happened. This interview in particular does NOT relay to me that anyone was alarmed these girls were missing and that Misty was the first person who went driving around to search?!:banghead:

Off to find more videos!:seeya:

I have heard the "propped" against the fence many times but I don't think I've ever actually seen a link.

As you point out, I have been here since day one so it is unlikely I've missed it, although not impossible at all.

I keep most msm and links in a private document, and I have 80 pages of it on this case...nowhere can I find the "propped" statement except from an overexcited reporter's speculations.

But then I'm fairly sure I've got early onset Alzheimers anyway so I could well have missed it, like I did the 12.23 "confirmation". Sorry.

Start listening at 8:40

Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins: 7/18/12 *** AUDIO ONLY*** - YouTube

Well, I'm glad you called me on this anyway, because I was mistaken.

I cannot find anything from LE stating the bikes were leaning or propped against a fence.

This is what I did find:

There’s a chain link fence on both sides of the trail in the southeast corner of the lake. The bikes were sitting off the side of the trail between the fences, but the purse was on the lake-side of the inside fence.

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...cle_99fc6c00-ceaf-11e1-be83-0019bb2963f4.html

Maybe Misty or Tammy said something about how the bikes were found, I haven't checked any transcripts.

I'm going back over the early presser's to listen to them (for the ones I can find).

In thread #25 post #1664 SierraShelby answered a question about the 2 fishermen. His response is copy and pasted --> really didnt pay that much attention, really didnt think i need to at the time now wish i would have. i think planted or real i missed what ever happen by minutes or secondsif that was the bikes on video

BBM SeirraShelby has seen the video released of the girls riding bikes AND has seen bikes on the trail and he is not sure if they were the girls' bikes. That is my take on his statement. IMOO

Right. He has never claimed he saw the girls' bikes, just that he saw two bikes and there were no girls to be seen.

Well, I'm glad you called me on this anyway, because I was mistaken.

I cannot find anything from LE stating the bikes were leaning or propped against a fence.

This is what I did find:

Information from Abben about the position of the bikes has been discussed since this first happened and the link is in the links thread.

:great::great::great::great:

FOR THE LOVE THANK YOU!!

Otto - YOU ROCK! I knew I wasn't crazy.

And I'm going to assume that no one moved those bikes (meaning the fireman who found them).

I agree. I would expect that the bikes were not moved by trained search and rescue people, like the volunteer fireman, after the girls were reported missing.

I agree. I would expect that the bikes were not moved by trained search and rescue people, like the volunteer fireman, after the girls were reported missing.

What about in the 3 hours they were apparently left on the trail?

I think it's possible someone (involved or not) moved them off the trail in that time, if they were obscuring it.

Thank you very much, otto.

So we know when Abben got there, the bikes were leaning against the fence and not laying on the trail.

I suppose it's possible the searcher found the bikes laying on the trail and picked them up, but I find it more likely that the bikes were found exactly where Abben saw them when he arrived. JMO

ETA: SapphireSteel makes a good point - maybe someone else moved the bikes from the trail. A good Samaritan, perhaps, who didn't want anyone tripping over the bikes.

So we have the bikes laying on the trail at 12.20 (approx) and propped up by 4pm?

Definitely?

Adds more weight to my theory that the perps and the girls were actually in/near the wooded area when TG went past.

:eek:

I think Wylma said it best -

And then another thing I want to say is down by the lake, going, not the bike path, somebody could have snatched them along the road. If there was two people in a van, they could have thrown those kids in their van with their bikes and there`s another way to drive by the houses and get to the end of that trail and they could have chunked the bikes down there with the children.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

I think it's possible someone (involved or not) moved them off the trail in that time, if they were obscuring it.

Oh I don't doubt that one bit. I'm saying that the bikes were not FOUND laying in the path as they were when Mr. G saw them.

When they were officially found they were against the fence, unless we are to assume the fireman moved them and they were on the path...which I'm doubting.

I am going to assume that area became a "do not touch" scene immediately and the fireman didn't move them.

I don't think it would make any difference. If police wanted to discuss a witness statement at the scene of a crime, it surprises me that they would decide to meet 400 feet away instead of at the actual scene of the crime.

I agree. You would think they would want him to show them where the bikes were and describe how they were laying. But, maybe they did that also and this was just where the reporter was able to snatch a photo.

Police have released a statement that the bikes were confirmed to be at the gate at 2:00 PM. The bikes were found by searchers at 3:40 and officially located at 3:58.

There was a jogger on the trail, but it doesn't sound like anyone else was on the trail between the time that the bikes were left there and 2:00. I doubt anyone moved the bikes ... why would they. Not even the cyclist bothered to move them bikes that he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop