IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------

I (or someone else) may have asked this before but is there anyplace out of sight where the girls could have been voluntarily that couldn't be seen from the trail? Like, is there a big climbing tree or a steep embankment or a tunnel on playground equipment or somewhere off of the trail where the girls could have been hiding/playing/talking to someone else that would have been out of view of someone riding by the bikes? I've looked at the pictures I can find on here but I can't seem to find a ground level view of the entire area around where the bikes were found. Is it possible they had laid the bikes down (or however they were placed) and were just out of sight of the cyclist? If this has been asked and answered I'm sorry. Just let me know and I'll go back and read more carefully.

If I've understood the locals correctly -- and if I'm mistaken, please set me straight -- they could have been in the wooded area that leads back to Maiden Lane. Nothing much back there, though, unless they were playing hide and seek or something like that.

We've discussed the possibilities several times in the older threads, if you want to go looking for the details. As with most aspects of this case, nothing official has been said, at least not that I'm aware of.

--------------

I (or someone else) may have asked this before but is there anyplace out of sight where the girls could have been voluntarily that couldn't be seen from the trail? Like, is there a big climbing tree or a steep embankment or a tunnel on playground equipment or somewhere off of the trail where the girls could have been hiding/playing/talking to someone else that would have been out of view of someone riding by the bikes? I've looked at the pictures I can find on here but I can't seem to find a ground level view of the entire area around where the bikes were found. Is it possible they had laid the bikes down (or however they were placed) and were just out of sight of the cyclist? If this has been asked and answered I'm sorry. Just let me know and I'll go back and read more carefully.

I've actually looked at that possibility. Their bikes were at the drainage gate and there are a couple of acres of trees around the Maiden Lane area where the children could have been. One of the locals that posted early on said that it was unlikely that children would stop and play in the area where there are double fences, or in the Maiden Lane area, because it's secluded and a bit spooky, and the Maiden Lane area isn't all the easy to navigate.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for ...

This image has Maiden Lane at the bottom, the parking lot to the right and the area where the bikes were found in the lower left corner of the lake.

meyersoverview.jpg

This is a summer/winter shot of the area

bingmeyers.jpg

These photos were taken by the local poster Ollipop, and I added them to the map

Meyers_Lake_Collins_Cook_Layout.jpg

Try this link for having a look around the area (use the birds eye view and the curved arrows to look at it from different perspectives) ... either the website or my computer is really slow right now, but you can see 3D views from any vantage point.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlM...zNS45NzEzMDExOTgyNTQlN2UtMTUyLjE2MDU4MzQ5NTU=

There's a big difference between a makeshift memorial with some flowers and a cross on the highway...and naming a park after a victim and spending $300k+ in taxpayer money to completely renovate it. Why do some people get some little memorial kept up by their family/friends that gets destroyed by the weather every few weeks or so...and other people get an entire park renovation?

The park, today, represents the missing girls (doom, gloom, haunting, spooky). By remodeling the park, it's possible to change the tone to something more positive, energetic, cleaned up - clear cut trees on the Island and create a park atmosphere with a pedestrian bridge to the parking area. I think a couple of bronze statues representing the girls on the Insland would be nice ... maybe an ice cream booth nearby ... swings. Keep the trees on the waters edge for wind/erosion protection ... canoe and pedalboat rentals ... Lots of youth program and tourism opportunities. I think there could be a ghost story or two, but not haunted or spooky - abandoned.

Maybe people that live on the lake have approved it and will donate to the cause.

Meyers Lake section of Evansdale Nature Trail Timeline

Meyers_Lake_Bike_Trail_TimeLine2.jpg

Possible future park layout

Meyers_Lake_Bike_Trail_sm.jpg

Meyers Lake section of Evansdale Nature Trail Timeline

Meyers_Lake_Bike_Trail_TimeLine2.jpg

Possible future park layout

Meyers_Lake_Bike_Trail_sm.jpg

Thank you for putting these times and routes all in one place for us!:great:

One thing that really stands out to me about this information is IF these girls screamed, kicked, fought etc. the cyclist would have almost HAD to hear or see something. Not to mention that he said he saw other people fishing. I just have to believe that IF they ever made it to the lake they went willingly with whomever took them.

Yes, they possibly knew their abductor, or he threatened them with some sort of weapon to keep them quiet. Just hope this case gets solved this year.

I've actually looked at that possibility. Their bikes were at the drainage gate and there are a couple of acres of trees around the Maiden Lane area where the children could have been. One of the locals that posted early on said that it was unlikely that children would stop and play in the area where there are double fences, or in the Maiden Lane area, because it's secluded and a bit spooky, and the Maiden Lane area isn't all the easy to navigate.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for ...

This image has Maiden Lane at the bottom, the parking lot to the right and the area where the bikes were found in the lower left corner of the lake.

meyersoverview.jpg

This is a summer/winter shot of the area

bingmeyers.jpg

These photos were taken by the local poster Ollipop, and I added them to the map

Meyers_Lake_Collins_Cook_Layout.jpg

Try this link for having a look around the area (use the birds eye view and the curved arrows to look at it from different perspectives) ... either the website or my computer is really slow right now, but you can see 3D views from any vantage point.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlM...zNS45NzEzMDExOTgyNTQlN2UtMTUyLjE2MDU4MzQ5NTU=

Thanks, Otto! I tried the link but I'm on my phone so it takes me to Seattle for some reason. I'll try it again when I get on my desktop.

A good memorial to the girls would be to find the person or persons
responsible.

:jail:

BBM - Ohhh Yes !! Yours may very well be the only post here to which we can all agree, IMHO. Ty.

I would like to know what locals think in regards to was this a sexually motivated crime or is the motive closer to home as some have speculated (ie. revenge, a message for family member, etc)

What is the general consensus among locals about what motivated this crime?

I would like to know what locals think in regards to was this a sexually motivated crime or is the motive closer to home as some have speculated (ie. revenge, a message for family member, etc)

I've asked locals that question, and most think it's something to do with drugs. That is why they are sad, but don't really feel in danger. Others think it's a sex pervert and are afraid it will happen again... and they are watching their kids like hawks!
One guy from Evansdale (an avid deer hunter) says he thinks some out of town sexual deviant did it because there are too many dense woods in and around Evansdale where a person could dump the bodies, and they would never be found. He said an Evansdale resident would know that. He also thinks around Readlyn must be an area the killer is from, to keep his victims bodies close to him.
Others have put it out of their minds, saying there are killers everywhere, why worry about it? Others, I had to say their names twice, because they didn't remember who I was talking about. :waitasec:

Until they say a cause of death ...
Until they find the killer (s)
It would be sacary to go on a trail with kids!
It would be like a ghost story you hear as a child.
Also the posters before was right..
It was never said that anyyone saw the girls at the lake..
They only found the bikes near there
How many more fund aisers will have to happpen
for this?
There have been other kids that have died.
They have a cause of death.
They are not getting a bench or momorial,
I do not get it.

for this?
I do not get it.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_65b2d121-1ca5-54d5-8af9-19269069eff9.html

according to the Mayor ~ they were last seen AT the park....

I think it was sexually motivated and nothing to do with family or drugs.

Whoops!! Guess I'm a little late!!

"Elderly couple", and the description .... Now that is interesting. Ill bet they get their suspects pretty quickly.

Actually the mayor is not quoted at all. The author of the article wrote it as a standalone statement.

Where did it come from? :waitasec:

for this?
I do not get it.

Thanks. Your words helped bring more clarity to my muddled thoughts. We are each entitled to our own opinion, correct? ;)

JMOO, but the fund raisers, park naming, etc seem a bit abrupt. It just seems too soon, too rushed. :moo::moo: it seems that the fund raisers should be about finding the perp/s....getting justice for the girls. It is like a crucial step has been skipped over.

Please no arguments...it is just my own feeling about it.

Actually the mayor is not quoted at all. The author of the article wrote it as a standalone statement.

Where did it come from? :waitasec:

I was referring to the attempted abduction in Fairfax.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

BBM

I never received what I felt was a reasonable answer to that question.:notgood:

But Heather and Drew apparently believe they can be both Christians and death penalty proponents. A lot of people feel that way. If they can be happy with that, then more power to them as far as I'm concerned. JMO
That's where you find your answer .
In every court where the Lady Liberty Stands Blancing The Scales The right of every human man, or woman to be protectected by the Law !:seeya::seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV