IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel there is something so odd about the amount of information that LE is holding back. There must be a clue in why they are holding back so much. I understand holding back something only the killer would know but they are completely locking the information down. Have the forensics come back yet on the DNA? It seems like they would have by now. I can't explain what I am trying to say, it just seems very unusual. Do you think they have a suspect or not? I am not even sure about that. Even a statement that COD is unknown would be expected...nothing.

My feeling is that leads are dwindling in this case. I'm not even sure LE knows the COD. They probably have very good suspicions, but after 5 months in the elements if COD is strangulation it would be very hard to determine. A broken hyoid bone would be a good indicator, but I'm assuming there could have been some scattering of the remains. Last week's episode of Dark Minds focused on 5 murders. The second victim was found three months after she was murdered and ME was not able to give exact COD becasue of the body's condition. They showed a copy of the newspaper article and the child's body was described as skeletal remains. We don't even have this with Lyric and Elizabeth. We were told bodies. I'm not sure where this leaves us anywhere but in the cold. Praying this is not the case! :please:

I'm going to watch that, too!

Oh Good! I'll be in great company then! :great: I'm curious if this perp had help or if he acted alone. It looked like the victims were older than Lyric and Elizabeth.

Dark Minds last night - "Coastal Killer" Oregon - 5 girls killed. The first one was alone. the next 2 were together and the next 2 together. I have not gotten to watch it yet, but there is going to be some input on someone who is bold enough to nab 2 at once - just FYI!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Minds/192493800815468

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/dark-minds/videos/time-will-consume-her.htm

I watched this last night and immediately thought of our girls when they were discussing possible ways the two sets of two girls could've been abducted and murdered. :cry:

SUSPECT - Bobby Jack Fowler - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you for sharing. This was discussed at length back when they first went missing. I'm surprised we haven't discussed this before now. I have wondered for months why the color of their bikes wasn't mentioned.

I always thought LE/FBI not mentioning the color of the bikes to the public over and over for witnesses to come forward if they saw them was "odd". imo

I always thought LE/FBI not mentioning the color of the bikes to the public over and over for witnesses to come forward if they saw them was "odd". imo

I thought that the identification of a 4'1" girls on a BMX and 4'11" girl on a woman's mountain bike was unusual enough that the size differences would have caught someone's attention. That is, the color seemed secondary to the ill fitting bikes.

God bless Aunt T, but I often wonder if she compromised LE's investigation in any way when she was at the lake and describing the girls and their bikes. . .

I thought that the identification of a 4'1" girls on a BMX and 4'11" girl on a woman's mountain bike was unusual enough that the size differences would have caught someone's attention. That is, the color seemed secondary to the ill fitting bikes.

Thanks otto! I had not ever thought about "it" that way. Always focused on the color. But yes the mismatched bikes with riders should have definitely caught attention as well! Like, a double take. . . did you see that? :waitasec:

Hi Sapphire! Regarding the date the girls were abducted, Friday, July the 13th, do you think it was planned to abduct the girls specifically on a Friday the 13th, or the date was just coincidental to the staged abduction?

Hi Boots :)

I think the date is significant, not because of it's Horror Story significance, but because another event in the same week triggered the crime.

The information black out makes sense if you believe LE have definite suspect/s they are trying to entrap.

If person x is lying and covering for person y, you have to actually prove the alibi is false.

If say, 3 people are lying, it becomes all that more complex to break alibis.

I suspect this is why LE have never warned us of any potential risk to other children...they don't think there is a risk.

:cow:

Thankfully, Evansdale police have cautioned people about the potential risk to the community.

"He [Abben] cautioned local parents to stay vigilant and talk to their children about stranger danger ..."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/24/police-better-cooperation-family-missing-iowa-girls

"Authorities working on the case are following leads but still have “no person of excessive interest or anything,” Capt. Rick Abben of the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Department said Friday.

People do not need to be paranoid, but they should be vigilant, officials have said.

“We’ve got two girls who for sure were abducted and we have not caught anybody, so I would say there should be heightened awareness,” Abben said."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-speculate-on-killer?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

Craigs list Cedar falls/ waterloo
the Craigs list poet ((KD)) is being attacked by his own words.
They are taking lines out of his poetry and asking his questions about Killing Lyric and Elizabeth.
the are saying that tey know who he is and have mentioned
sources.
People have writen to Kwwl news tips to try and get them to do a story on this guy
Myself included.
I do not now if it has to do with that or someone else.

http://waterloo.craigslist.org/rnr/

Craigs list Cedar falls/ waterloo
the Craigs list poet ((KD)) is being attacked by his own words.
They are taking lines out of his poetry and asking his questions about Killing Lyric and Elizabeth.
the are saying that tey know who he is and have mentioned
sources.
People have writen to Kwwl news tips to try and get them to do a story on this guy
Myself included.
I do not now if it has to do with that or someone else.

http://waterloo.craigslist.org/rnr/

I think this guy is just looking for attention.

I feel there is something so odd about the amount of information that LE is holding back. There must be a clue in why they are holding back so much. I understand holding back something only the killer would know but they are completely locking the information down. Have the forensics come back yet on the DNA? It seems like they would have by now. I can't explain what I am trying to say, it just seems very unusual. Do you think they have a suspect or not? I am not even sure about that. Even a statement that COD is unknown would be expected...nothing.

Me too. Maybe they don't have a COD! Maybe they don;t have - anything!

I'm sad they haven't arrested someone by now. :(

Thankfully, Evansdale police have cautioned people about the potential risk to the community.

"He [Abben] cautioned local parents to stay vigilant and talk to their children about stranger danger ..."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/24/police-better-cooperation-family-missing-iowa-girls

"Authorities working on the case are following leads but still have “no person of excessive interest or anything,” Capt. Rick Abben of the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Department said Friday.

People do not need to be paranoid, but they should be vigilant, officials have said.

“We’ve got two girls who for sure were abducted and we have not caught anybody, so I would say there should be heightened awareness,” Abben said."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-speculate-on-killer?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

It's Circular and so obvious as to be a cliche. Like some script read - its almost obnoxious!
Like the 45 minutes of auto ads during the 15 minute 10:00pm news half hour! I think they
have destroyed any chance of community involvement. Once the lake was drained and the
initial searches over .... time for a new commercial.
PLAY IT AGAIN SAM! ....... waiting on the rerun next season?

:truce::furious:

It's Circular and so obvious as to be a cliche. Like some script read - its almost obnoxious!
Like the 45 minutes of auto ads during the 15 minute 10:00pm news half hour! I think they
have destroyed any chance of community involvement. Once the lake was drained and the
initial searches over .... time for a new commercial.
PLAY IT AGAIN SAM! ....... waiting on the rerun next season?

:truce::furious:

I don't think I understand. Are you suggesting that it's circular and a cliche that police have warned the public that their community is not safe in light of the fact that two children were abducted and murdered?

What sort of community involvement is there in a murder investigation? Prosecutors don't need community involvement, they need the police to do a thorough investigation (which appears to be what is happening) and until there is an arrest ... everyone in the community is a potential suspect.

I don't think I understand. Are you suggesting that it's circular and a cliche that police have warned the public that their community is not safe in light of the fact that two children were abducted and murdered?

What sort of community involvement is there in a murder investigation? Prosecutors don't need community involvement, they need the police to do a thorough investigation (which appears to be what is happening) and until there is an arrest ... everyone in the community is a potential suspect.

Preaching the obvious over and over without anything new for months,
gets very stale and is ineffective. Stretched to its limits, the public
finds new leadership it believes might do a better job.

What sort of community involvement is there in a murder investigation?

The sort that releases a few basic facts people can live and work with.
This isn't rocket science and it certainly is not a Police State where the
Truth has to be traded in back alleys and in secret, on some pretense that
LE really is doing their jobs, has a few well guarded facts it must protect
... with citizens left to their own devices trying to protect themselves from
'something LE can't talk about' ?

Prosecutors don't need community involvement. ??? Since when!? :what:

Everyone in the community is a potential suspect. ??? Really? :what: That's
total nonsense and not even statistically defensible. But it is a good
excuse for not releasing information especially if you have none! :waitasec:

Point is there has to be a balance! Otherwise people who do abduct
children can think they can get away with it in the first place.

There has to be some balance, otherwise it's LE versus criminals, with the
general public mere spectators and victims and people get what the
lottery gives them, since they are so highly irrelevant, in the first place.

If you have something tangible, I would like to hear and see it! Let's
start with the Cause of Death. Surely knowing just that is not going to
cause the sky to fall and the Barbarians storm the gate ? (unless of course
the COD involves some rare isotope of Californium manufactured only by
three guys on Pluto ?) !

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online