IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizzie and Lyric Discussion thread (as in this thread). But I'm confused as to why this was posted...

I believe it was intended to bump the thread and keep the discussion going.

May I ask, what is L & L Discussion thread?

Thank you.

The link posted yesterday, just after noon, for opening a new thread sent you back to the old Located Forum Discussion thread. Many comments went to the
Located! Information, and Support thread which is not a discussion thread.

This Located Forum Discussion thread was silent for about 12 hours.. Contacted a moderator & the issue/glitch was corrected. I posted the open for discussion comment to bump the thread letting folks know that it was no longer closed...

Dan's hearing is coming up and his lawyer has requested part of it be closed to the public.

I wonder why...plea deals aren't unusual, but it seems this one is.

The CA wants no part of it, either.

Assistant County Attorney Brad Walz resisted the request to close a portion of the sentencing.
“The state hasn’t been able to find precedent in closing a proceeding like this,” Walz said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_b576a314-1180-11e3-a7c6-0019bb2963f4.html

Nothing about this case is straightforward. :cow:

My post disappeared... I never imagined the girls case would be Unsolved a year later. This is such a small town, a close town, why no arrest yet? Is there even a POI?
Praying for justice!

My post disappeared... I never imagined the girls case would be Unsolved a year later. This is such a small town, a close town, why no arrest yet? Is there even a POI?
Praying for justice!

Evansdale has a small population but it butts right up against Waterloo, which is a major metropolitan area. So it isn't as small town in feel as a small town that does not share a town line with a major metropolitan area. It's possible that the perp lives within a mile of the crime scene but does not live in Evansdale, for instance.

Evansdale is more like a bedroom community than a regular small town; many of the people who live there do not work there. That means that during business days, there are just less people around to see what is going on.

As for a person of interest, the police have not indicated in any way that they have one.

Scolding statements by Judge Ralph Moody of the Anchorage, AK Superior Court, that fits the MJ Klunder tragic fiasco, imo..

SLAYER IN ALASKA WAS JAILED IN OTHER CASES, JUDGE NOTES
Published: February 29, 1984

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/29/us/slayer-in-alaska-was-jailed-in-other-cases-judge-notes.html

ANCHORAGE, AK - Feb. 28— A man who in the last week has confessed killing 17 women has repeatedly come to the attention of the police and the courts in Alaska over the last 13 years in cases that involve violence against women.

The man, Robert Hansen, 45 years old, had been arrested three times in 12 years, twice on abduction and rape charges, and released after serving nominal jail sentences, a judge said Monday in calling the case ''an indictment'' of the judicial system.

Judge Moody, citing Mr. Hansen's record of abduction and either attempted or actual rape, said, ''I cannot think of a bigger indictment of society than we have here.''

''This gentleman here has been known to us for several years,'' he said. ''We've turned him loose several times.''
<sniped & BBM>

The Frozen Ground Trailer- Warning Graphic-profanity & brief nudity
The Frozen Ground Trailer - Trailer Addict
AK SK Robert Hansen (John Cusack), a serial killer who has silently stalked the streets of Anchorage for more than 13 years.(TFG movie can be rented VOD)

As far as a POI, imo, Michael J Klunder is definitely a person of interest in L & L's abduction and murder, and has been since May 2013....Imo, MJK is the unannounced primary suspect in their abduction and murder.

Michael Klunder connection to Lyric and Elizabeth being investigated

Posted: Jun 07, 2013 1:07 PM EDT
EVANSDALE (KWWL) -

Investigators say they're still tracking the actions and whereabouts of a sex offender who killed himself after allegedly abducting two girls in case he may have ties to the abduction and deaths of two Evansdale cousins.

The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office sent out a press release late Friday morning saying they were still following up on all information in the case of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, two Evansdale girls whose bodies were found at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in December.

That investigation, Chief Deputy Richard Abben said, also involves looking into possible connections with the late Michael Klunder, a registered sex offender who allegedly abducted two girls in Dayton.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22532399/...ion-to-lyric-and-elizabeth-still-investigated

Praying for justice!

I have wondered for a while now, if any answers will become apparent when Dan finally gets his plea bargain.

I'm happy to wait till September. I think there is information there that will blow the entire thing apart.

I still cannot accept the "coincidence" that Dan was due to plead guilty the day before the girls vanished, then changed his mind immediately afterward.

:cow:

I think MJK is prob our guy, but I'm still very suspicious about Klunder's fishing friend on fb, the RSO "T" who lives right by where Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared.

I think MJK is prob our guy, but I'm still very suspicious about Klunder's fishing friend on fb, the RSO "T" who lives right by where Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared.

:waitasec: Seriously? He has a friend near the lake?

:waitasec: Seriously? He has a friend near the lake?

It's in Kathlynn Sheperd's thread somewhere....let me see if I can find it. MJK had a fb friend who is an RSO, can't remember the street, his name started with a T, he enjoyed fishing, IIRC, will see if I can find it!

Trouble is, there seems to be RSO's on nearly every street corner in Iowa. :(

Margarita25, thanks for those pointers. That's a very interesting connection.

If they liked to fish, they might well have known about 7 Bridges park.

Margarita25, thanks for those pointers. That's a very interesting connection.

If they liked to fish, they might well have known about 7 Bridges park.

You're welcome. :)

I would think TC would have been very closely scrutinized (even possibly asked for dna) in the initial stages of Lizzie's and Lyric's investigation, considering his uncanny proximity and status as an RSO. And surely LE would have noticed the connection on fb of MJK and TC? Then again, maybe not actually, bc TC unfriended MJK almost immediately as everything was going down with Kathlynn and she was still unaccounted for. Someone on WS just happened to be crosschecking MJK's fb's friends right before TC unfriended MGK. Hopefully LE is reading here and learned about the connection if they didn't already know about this? It might be worthwhile for someone to send it in, just in case?

Send it in margarita25, if 3 tips concerning something as large, and as important/significant as a vehicle of interest was overlooked or disregarded for almost a year. Who knows what else may have been missed by investigators...

Deja vu; Adam Walsh investigation..
Undeveloped film of the luminol chemiluminescence reaction tests of Otis Toole's car set on the shelf at FDLE and the case went cold for almost 3 decades, until retired Miami Beach Homicide Lt. Joe Matthews re-investigated the case.
<click the audio under the book photo; a must listen>
Bringing Adam Home: The Abduction That Changed America: Les Standiford, Joe Matthews: 9780061983900: Amazon.com: Books

New book details evidence overlooked in Adam Walsh's murder

In the book, Mathews details the evidence he discovered that was either overlooked or never even considered, including 98 photos taken by Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators of Otis Toole's Cadillac.

Toole was a convicted serial killer who confessed twice to Adam's murder and then recanted his confessions. Matthews said the photos were never developed and he was the first to see the photos. The photos included a machete believed to have been used by the Toole to dismember Adam's body.

However, one particular image taken of the carpet behind the driver's seat blew him away. It was the bloody image of a young face.

"Looking at it, you actually see a blood transfer from Adam's face onto the carpet," said Matthews.

"Traced in the blue glow of luminol was the outline of a familiar young boy's face, a negative pressed into floorboard carpeting, eye sockets blackened blank cavities, mouth twisted in an oval of pain," an excerpt from the book reads.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...nfamous-Adam-Walsh-Murder-Case-117287873.html

I actually read this book just a few months ago. Several things amazed me as to how the investigation was handled...with the biggest shock being how much weight investigators put into Toole's words.

It made me wonder more and more how many alibis aren't actually verified with PROOF versus taking the words of people. Just because someone SAYS they have an alibi doesn't necessarily mean it checks out. These people are manipulators - not to mention the fact that their alibis are often criminals/sketchy people themselves.

I'm not sure what investigators can really do though. If someone SAYS they were at so and so's house, they grilled out, watched a movie, etc...how can they prove they were NOT there without some proof to back it up? They can't. :banghead:

That could very well be the case with the girls. No one knows exactly what time these girls went missing. If the killer took the girls to his home, tied them up, or even killed them quickly he could have been over to someone's house within the hour...before the girls were ever even reported missing!

If he was over at, say, his girlfriends or mother's house, do you think either of them are going to call their son/boyfriend in? Highly unlikely IMO. Loved ones don't WANT to believe they love someone who is capable of this.

He could have been there for the entire afternoon...and that Friday night he went home, loaded them up, and dumped them under the cover of night. Done deal.

I don't think LE knows the time of death, or even the DATE of their death...and unless they release a VERY specific time these girls lives were taken I think anyone who is even IFFY about someone - they aren't going to contact LE. They would more than likely CHOOSE to believe this person wasn't possibly capable of such a stunt and actually pull it off...without LE telling us "this is the time these girls were taken" they aren't going to turn in their loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV