IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one finding it odd that a COD hasn't been released yet?

Same thing that happened in the Evelyn Miller case. LE didn't release Evelyn's cause of death or even the condition of her body when found until Casey Frederickson was charged.

Frederickson has not been tried yet but it is apparent from the indictment that at least part of the case against him is that he demonstrated knowledge of Evelyn's cause of death and the condition of her body that was never published in the media.

Still watching, still waiting.

There will be a resolution to this case.

I suppose someone could park their vehicle near the bike trail, get out of the vehicle and jog or ride their bike on the trail. That would not be odd at all.

Wonder if they ever located this guy with the white suv ?

"He's a professional predator"; Self defense expert's advice following attempted abduction

CREATED Feb. 22, 2013"

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/192651821.html

"It's your gut's way of telling you something or someone isn't quite right.

"They won't give you good eye contact, or if there speech is nonsensical or blurred," he said.

Those are possibly signs noticed by the victim, who, when asked by a stranger driving a white SUV, didn't get in the car.

Bravo, says Prather.

"Once you're in the car, you're in his environment and you're in a lot of trouble."

Minutes later Sunday morning, the attacker returned on foot, grabbed her and carried her to a nearby alley"

But enlightening, I hope, for anyone thinking over the possibility that Elizabeth and/or Lyric were stalked online.

One form of reducing risk is making sure that the bits that aggregate into your personal information are not all in the same place. Spread it around that that someone who is trying to figure out the totality has to get into so many different databases that it isn't worth the effort for the average criminal.

Having the government collect all information about you defeats that security measure.

To bring it back on topic: Elizabeth could have been stalked online even though she did not apparently have any accounts of her own. Easy enough--just check her parents' accounts. She was young enough that information about where they were and their daily routines and habits would almost certainly involve Elizabeth.

And someone not familiar with the area can become familiar just by using Google maps...

Wonder if they ever located this guy with the white suv ?

"He's a professional predator"; Self defense expert's advice following attempted abduction

CREATED Feb. 22, 2013"

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/192651821.html

"It's your gut's way of telling you something or someone isn't quite right.

"They won't give you good eye contact, or if there speech is nonsensical or blurred," he said.

Those are possibly signs noticed by the victim, who, when asked by a stranger driving a white SUV, didn't get in the car.

Bravo, says Prather.

"Once you're in the car, you're in his environment and you're in a lot of trouble."

Minutes later Sunday morning, the attacker returned on foot, grabbed her and carried her to a nearby alley"

Not another peep. No similar attacks either with a man in a white SUV.

Not sure if this is against TOS but here goes. Shortly after the girls disappeared, many people suspected a guy who drove a very distinctive older van around town. Some of the Facebook pages named him and even had pictures of the van. I work downtown and I would see this van nearly every day, and he has property near the bike trail. Well apparently he decided to paint his van. White. Still very distinctive. I just realized that I haven't seen that van in quite some time. Not sure if he's just driving something else that blends in, or if he's moved on. Not that I suspect him, just an observation.

Last week about 30 miles NW of Evansdale in New Hartford, a young girl was approached by an older man in a black van. He told the girl that she needed to come with him because of a family emergency. The girl thankfully ran away.

I don't think we will ever know truth. Unless a long way down the road something gets revealed. :twocents:

IMHO.

Not sure if this recent event was posted or not..
bbm
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...e-warn-of-suspicious-men-approaching-children

"BAY VILLAGE, Ohio - Bay Village police are warning parents and children to be on alert after three possible child enticements.

In each incident, the child was able to get away and wasn't harmed.

According to an email sent to parents, a white man with gray hair drove up beside in a white SUV on Tuesday morning. She was walking near Douglas Drive and Lake Road, heading to Bay Middle School when it happened. The man reportedly asked her "what's your favorite lollipop, mine is grape", then drove off"

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...icious-men-approaching-children#ixzz2hQJLSETD

Or this one.
bbm

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...-warn-parents-suspicious-vehicles-approaching
"Police have been told the suspect was between 30 and 60 years old; that he had white hair or salt-and-pepper hair and that he had a full beard or was clean-shaven; that he wore glasses and that he didn't wear glasses.

In Erie, police on Wednesday said they received a report the week of Sept. 23 of a "suspicious person" driving an older model, white, boxy-style car in the area of Fletcher Drive and Weld County Road 1.5 at 3:10 p.m. The same male -- who only was described as being a Hispanic male -- had been seen in the same vehicle near the Erie Middle School bus drop-off site."

Is this guy still on the loose?

http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/mclean/mclean15.pdf

"Na
me:
Frederick Cecil MC
LEAN
Alias:
Frederick McClean
Frederick McClain
Frederick McClaine, Rick
McClean, Rick McLean, Rick McLaine, Rick McLain
Description:
Sex: ..................
MALE
Race: ...............
W
HITE
Date of Birth: ..............
FE
BRUARY 15, 1951
Place of Birth: ........
MASSACHUSETTS
Height: .......................
5’11
”
Weight: ......................
POUNDS
Eyes: ...............
HAZEL
Hair: ...............
BROWN
Skintone: .....................
LIGHT
Scars/Tattoos: ...
NONE KNOWN
P
hoto Date: 12/16/1996
Wanted For:
S
exual Assault on a Child (Multiple Counts)
Warrant Issued:
San Diego, California
Warrant Number:
W516994997
Date of Warrant:
January 20, 2005
Original Charge:
Sexual
Assault on a child (multiple counts)
Frederick Cecil
M
CLEAN has been molestin
g
young females
for approximately 25 years with at least eight
known victims.
At the time of MCLEAN
’s
disappearance, h
e was known to have at least
$100,000
in cash.
Since then, investigators believe he m
ay have
changed his name and appearance.
It is believed that M
CLEAN
might be driving a small
dark colored
pickup
truck and may also be in possession of
a black 1955 Chevy hot
rod on a flat bed trailer.
Before becoming a fugitive from justice, MCLEAN
owne
d a classic race
car
restoration business and is believed to be
very
knowledgeable in that field.
In the past,
M
C
LEAN
reside
d
near Winchester
, California,"
and may still be in the Southern Riverside/Northern San Diego County area

I wonder since Klunder spent most of his time in juvie, jail or prison if there's a younger picture of him besides a mugshot out there. I'd settle for a picture of him back then mug or not.

Very good find Watcher9 & great observation NWLady. Honestly, I looked up some dates & times of someone we've met in our lifetime due to that picture. Dates didn't jive by a few years though. Kind of baby faced.

I think there is a Klunder thread this should be put in if it hasn't already. My apologies if o/t.

Yes there is a resemblance. I wonder if they ever figured out who these people were.

Just in case..
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cac

"Daniel Clement Chafe is wanted for rape, sexual abuse, and sodomy in Roseburg, Oregon. Chafe was allegedly recruiting minor females between the ages of 14 and 16 in order to form what he called the "Cobalt Clan". His reported goal was to have sex with these young girls in order to produce a large number of children over which he could rule"

" During the investigation of these charges, Chafe had moved to Alto, New Mexico, where he worked for a local Internet service provider. On September 13, 1998, Chafe was on a fishing trip on the Snake River in Washington State. On that date, a friend with whom Chafe was fishing informed local law enforcement authorities that Chafe had fallen out of the boat and was allegedly missing. The local police were unable to locate Chafe and he has remained a fugitive since that time. Chafe was scheduled to be in court for trial in Douglas County, Oregon, on September 23, 1998, but failed to appear.

Chafe has travelled extensively throughout the United States. He has lived in California, Oregon, New Mexico, Montana, Idaho, and Kansas. Chafe is known to spend time on computers and enjoys surfing the Internet".

I want to know why the hell there hasn't been an arrest in this case yet. What the Freak is taking so long? I'm patient but in this case; I've had it. Why hasn't the perp been arrested?
<modsnip>

I want to know why the hell there hasn't been an arrest in this case yet. What the Freak is taking so long? I'm patient but in this case; I've had it. Why hasn't the perp been arrested?
<modsnip>....

:loveyou:

I think we've all been on pins and needles with this case! I don't understand the delay either but obviously I'm not LE.

For me, I am not 100% on board with the perp already being in jail...but I have from the beginning said that LE barked up the wrong tree for too long and the evidence they found doesn't seem to "connect" to where they thought it should. Maybe I'm wrong...who knows.
I just can't buy that NO evidence was left behind at all at Meyer's Lake NOR Seven Bridges...not on the girls,at the park, nothing???

For this person to know Meyer's Lake and also Seven bridges, it screams local to me...or it's someone close to the girls that the evidence that was there, has reason to be there so they have to come up with much more than DNA evidence.

I can't wait for an arrest either...but I'm losing hope every day that an arrest will happen anytime soon. Hopefully I'm wrong. :(

JMO and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member