Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T but just curious - why would somebody who is completely innocent need immunity?

For example, in corporate fraud cases you can have employees who did not commit any crimes or intentionally violate any regulations but they may have unknowingly assisted in a regulatory violation. An employee may be less forthcoming if they think something they say can later be used against them. Federal prosecutors will give witnesses "Queen for a day" protections where they agree they will not use anything said against the individual.

In other situations, a witness may have been involved in some unrelated minor crime (like drugs) and prosecutors can agree to not prosecute you or not use your statements in any prosecution (use immunity). For example, your witness saw a shooting and the reason she was on that corner was to buy drugs - the prosecutor would agree to not use that admission against her in a drug case if she'll testify about what she saw in the murder case. There are varying levels of immunity and a lot will depend on the case and the prosecutor.

Take out your maps. Someone in the KC MO/KS area has access to all these areas via Interstate (expect Minor Mo which is quite a ways away).

Is this just paranoia?

June 13, 2018, Attempted abduction of woman college student 'walking', Springfield MO (I44)
Attempted abduction near Downtown Springfield

June 29, North Kansas City, MO, Attempted abduction of girl jogging (I35)
Police seek tips, witnesses of Northland attempted abduction

July 12, Lawrence KS, Attempted assault of woman jogging (I35 to State 10)
Woman fights off man who tried to abduct her on Lawrence trail, police say

July 17, Minor Missouri, Attempted abduction of woman jogging, black SUV (I-55 S of St Louis)
Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

July 18-19, Brooklyn IA, Molly Tibbets, jogging (I-80)

July 27, Attempted abduction of girl walking dog in Ankeny Iowa; black SUV (I-35)
Police: Man approached, chased girl on Ankeny's northeast side Friday

Aug 4-5, 2018, West Point IA, Women aged 20-25 found dead (I380)

Last edited:
The store vandalism only looks like badly cracked glass, but not shattered. Has anyone mentioned or considered that the glass may have been damaged in a struggle with Mollie. How are they so sure it’s vandalism?

It isn't clear they are doing those searches on his property at all. It is known that the searches on Friday were more than a mile away, as just one example. We also know that the previous week they searched a different hog farm. And I will point out, he doesn't own a hog farm. The hog place adjacent to his property is what is known as a hog finishing plant. It is owned by a company that owns 100 such hog finishing plants in Iowa. Why the media wants to keep referring to his property as a hog farm or even him as a hog farmer is beyond me.

I know WC reported he was questioned for 2 hours once at the police station, correct? LE also reportedly has conducted over 200 interviews so his would be 1. The FBI has now stopped by his house to question him, in plain view of the media, for 5-10 minutes twice. I don't even understand why/when that would happen. If he was being seriously considered, wouldn't ongoing interviews/questioning happen at the station and recorded/on the record?

As a lay person, something doesn't sit right and I'm leaning toward the contact being staged or intended to gather information about what he may have witnessed on the 18th and since then as opposed to him being viewed as a POI. Jmo.

Hi all - I've been lurking this for a long time and finally decided to make an account. There are some cases that really cling to me and this is one of them. Every morning when I wake up I immediately check to see if there's any update with Mollie, I cannot stop thinking about her :( Hoping there are some answers for her family very soon.

For example, in corporate fraud cases you can have employees who did not commit any crimes or intentionally violate any regulations but they may have unknowingly assisted in a regulatory violation. An employee may be less forthcoming if they think something they say can later be used against them. Federal prosecutors will give witnesses "Queen for a day" protections where they agree they will not use anything said against the individual.

In other situations, a witness may have been involved in some unrelated minor crime (like drugs) and prosecutors can agree to not prosecute you or not use your statements in any prosecution (use immunity). For example, your witness saw a shooting and the reason she was on that corner was to buy drugs - the prosecutor would agree to not use that admission against her in a drug case if she'll testify about what she saw in the murder case. There are varying levels of immunity and a lot will depend on the case and the prosecutor.

Dear Alethea,

Your insight as an attorney is very much appreciated on these threads.

Thank you for your knowledgeable and compassionate posts.

Is Brooklyn, Iowa a place that people would normally travel to for work for example at the hog finishing plant? I remember from Abigail and Liberty’s case thread that a large number of sex offenders were employed at the local meat processing plant.

I would guess to prevent an innocent person from being arrested and charged with a crime they didn't commit. JMO
Absolutely! When the Aussie doc was getting those boys out of the cave, I actually assumed some sort of sedation would be used given anesthesia was his specialty and panic could mean the death of 3 (boy + 2 divers). But, I told several of my friends that he better get diplomatic immunity first. I figured divers with AFP already had an agreement with the Thai government but the doc was just an Aussie citizen...an innocent Aussie citizen that should be cleared of any wrong doing if anything went south. Why? Because he was innocent.
Especially if your innocent:
-Always ask for a lawyer
-Always ascertain immunity before answering under oath

I know WC reported he was questioned for 2 hours once at the police station, correct? LE also reportedly has conducted over 200 interviews so his would be 1. The FBI has now stopped by his house to question him, in plain view of the media, for 5-10 minutes twice. I don't even understand why/when that would happen. If he was being seriously considered, wouldn't ongoing interviews/questioning happen at the station and recorded/on the record?

As a lay person, something doesn't sit right and I'm leaning toward the contact being staged or intended to gather information about what he may have witnessed on the 18th and since then as opposed to him being viewed as a POI. Jmo.

I also think it's staged. I'm sure this is talked about in some of the other threads, but when the red shirt was found I immediately thought somebody was framing WC. I mean that shirt showed up what, 2 days after he was all over the news initially? Something isn't right. What if the perp is taking advantage of WC being in the spotlight? And LE could be playing along with that to catch the real perp.

Take out your maps. Someone in the KC MO/KS area has access to all these areas via Interstate (expect Minor Mo which is quite a ways away).

Is this just paranoia?

June 13, 2018, Attempted abduction of woman college student 'walking', Springfield MO (I44)
Attempted abduction near Downtown Springfield

June 29, North Kansas City, MO, Attempted abduction of girl jogging (I35)
Police seek tips, witnesses of Northland attempted abduction

July 12, Lawrence KS, Attempted assault of woman jogging (I35 to State 10)
Woman fights off man who tried to abduct her on Lawrence trail, police say

July 17, Minor Missouri, Attempted abduction of woman jogging, black SUV (I-55 S of St Louis)
Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

July 18-19, Brooklyn IA, Molly Tibbets, jogging (I-80)

July 27, Attempted abduction of girl walking dog in Ankeny Iowa; black SUV (I-35)
Police: Man approached, chased girl on Ankeny's northeast side Friday

Aug 4-5, 2018, West Bend IA, Women aged 20-25 found dead (I380)

Then today's article that said the FBI pulled agents off of other cases to put onto Mollies as she is a priority. It's interesting for sure.

Absolutely! When the Aussie doc was getting those boys out of the cave, I actually assumed some sort of sedation would be used given anesthesia was his specialty and panic could mean the death of 3 (boy + 2 divers). But, I told several of my friends that he better get diplomatic immunity first. I figured divers with AFP already had an agreement with the Thai government but the doc was just an Aussie citizen...an innocent Aussie citizen that should be cleared of any wrong doing if anything went south. Why? Because he was innocent.
Especially if your innocent:
-Always ask for a lawyer
-Always ascertain immunity before answering under oath
I sounded like a know it all a— in this post. That was not my intent. It really was just to inform :)

Is Brooklyn, Iowa a place that people would normally travel to for work for example at the hog finishing plant? I remember from Abigail and Liberty’s case thread that a large number of sex offenders were employed at the local meat processing plant.

I was actually thinking the same earlier. That said, I can't seem to shake the feeling the Perp is someone Mollie knows well, within her circle and her own age group. I just can't shake that.
I hope we find out soon. Does anyone know if they have checked the Marietta-Martin mine area or Holiday Lake?

Hoping le will make an announcement tomorrow with some new info. And if WC isn’t panning out, they may have to as it seems they may have used quite a bit of time and resources there.

Also hoping thread can stay open tonight...it is hard on those of us who are night owls and did not break rules :(

I have a question and I am many posts behind so I don't know if this has been covered: If LE discover from the data on WC's cell phone that he was nowhere in the vicinity of where Molly was in the time frame she went missing, wouldn't he then be cleared?

They cant just go by that! He might of left his phone at home. I dont think hes anything to do with it though JMO

Did you see my timeline a couple pages back?

Yes, after I got booted off and posted mine, lol. I haven't had time to look at the links - do all of those have to do with black vans/SUV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera