Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This can't just be coming from a place of hope inside her dad. This has to be based off something, it's way too specific and detailed. Perhaps something she shared with him during their 3 hour phone conversation...

Am I the only person who is bugged by that 3 hour phone call? I get the impression many think a 3hr call between father & daughter is normal. It’s not to me so I just don’t get it. Plus the timing of it in relation to Mollie’s disappearance is is too coincidental in my book.

Dad is adamant she’s alive. Yes, it could just be the hopeful thought any parent would have, but with LE/FBI “getting to know Mollie” plus the call plus “she could have got in a car with someone she knows” am I adding 2+2 and making 5?

Good point.
This would also fall in line with the theory that someone she knew could have said they were driving through town. She put the dogs up to run outside to chat with them. The main comment/s LE has made that I can't wrap my brain around is the "getting to know Mollie" and "who was in Brooklyn that night that was out of the ordinary". Couple those with her dads comments, and it is looking more like she got in the car on her own (not knowing what the other person's intentions were).

Am I the only person who is bugged by that 3 hour phone call? I get the impression many think a 3hr call between father & daughter is normal. It’s not to me so I just don’t get it. Plus the timing of it in relation to Mollie’s disappearance is is too coincidental in my book.

Dad is adamant she’s alive. Yes, it could just be the hopeful thought any parent would have, but with LE/FBI “getting to know Mollie” plus the call plus “she could have got in a car with someone she knows” am I adding 2+2 and making 5?

This!

The family seemed extremely distraught at the last press conference. Now, it seems like maybe they are catching their second wind of hope. (At least Dad). I’m sure it’s a complete rollercoaster of emotions when your child is missing, but at this point no body is a good thing.

Seems like a very loving family so I disagree, some, that she left on her own... but that’s only because I don’t want to think anybody would harm her.
I know of many young people that have and would have disappeared w out a phone call or a care, she just doesn’t seem like one and I haven’t seen any reason so far why she should. Unless she was caving under some sort of pressure.... We don’t know..Talking to the farmer realllly makes me nervous and I’m trying to avoid picking up anything from him!! But..
Hits close to home for me. Praying hard for the safe return of this beautiful young lady. And for her loved ones as well.
PLEASE LET MOLLIE COME HOME!!

Last edited:
I’m taking what her family says with a grain of salt. Her dad is obviously optimistic of her return, he has to hold onto that hope.. it’s all he’s got at this point.

(ETA: unless there’s info they aren’t releasing to the public)

Please don't judge the length of the phone call with her dad as anything significant. I too had fairly long phone conversations with my father as a young woman, my mother died when I was young so we were close and would discuss current events, politics and religion. Truthfully, what we didn't discuss were my personal romantic and friendship issues. It's very possible that Mollie and her dad are close the way my dad and I are so I wouldn't read anything into a long phone conversation with her dad. MOO.

Sadly there is little, if any, variance in punishment between kidnap, and kidnap and murder, in most states. So being caught for “kidnap only” will usually still get you life in prison.

Also...Mollie’s dad is thinking what a dad HAS to think...this is a scenario he can see resulting in her home safely. Jmo

Heavy.com reported on 7/26 - DJ’s mom said MT’s wallet and ID were at the house along with her glasses and contacts. “She can’t see without them”. This statement has been bothering me. MT couldn’t jog without contacts or glasses or do her homework. She wouldn’t leave the house with someone without the ability to see. DJ’s mom said she couldn’t see without them.
Her phone, Fitbit and EarPods were gone. Dogs were in the basement with plenty of food and water.
Putting the dogs in the basement is planning. Leaving your wallet, ID and contacts isn’t a planned departure. Leaving the house with a dead cellphone? Doesn’t make sense. Maybe it wasn’t dead, just turned off.
No report of a struggle in the house.

But what if in the 3 hour phone call, she made a comment about someone that mentioned they were coming through town. Or maybe she was getting weird vibes from someone who might have had an interest in her.

I agree that a loving father will hold out hope, but it seems pretty specific what he mentioned. And if you add that with the few comments LE has made, it seems like the only thing so far that has made any sense.

I can see a scenario where the father's scenario is certainly possible based on what we know and I certainly hope MT is alive. But, if this is a case of a 'ride gone wrong' then how did we end up with 15+ FBI + state and local police working non stop for 3 weeks? Maybe they have been trying to make contact and negotiate some way to have MT and the driver return or perhaps pay a ransom etc. Assuming its someone from Brooklyn, I almost wish it were as simple as LE requiring all 1,400 residents to show up at the local football field and simply 'check in' to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be! I know its not this simple but someone someplace has to realize that somebody isn't where they are supposed to be or have stopped posting on SM.

Maybe dad doesn’t text or do SM & this is their way of keeping in touch. I used to have the occaisional 3 hour chat with my dad when I went to college & later when I moved out of state. That was pre-internet/ cell/ SM. My son has 2 hr calls home about once a month. Never thought anything odd abt Mollie catching up with her dad for 3 hours. Unless we get information that this was very odd for them, I won’t assume it to be a clue/ issue abt the wedding, potental proposal, possible stalker, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298