Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - and for the record, my very slight annoyance or inconvenience is a small price to pay if someone gets something out of it. That said, we try to separate things into threads for a reason...I mean, I guess in theory EVERY thread not to mention every thing we do in life, could be supplemented with a good safety reminder. "Thanks for coming out to the baseball game, folks! Before we get started, since we're all here and it's a good thing to remember, let's talk about abduction awareness!" I realize that's a lot more of a stretch than talking about abduction on a thread about someone getting abducted...but the point is, just because something is a good sentiment, doesn't mean it belongs in every thread.

Again, your point is taken. But If you are a man imo you have no place imo saying what belongs re messages to women/stories by women about being abducted in a thread about a woman being abducted. Sorry. Again, your point is taken, but if there’s something important I or others feelthe need to say which regards the safety of women, children or whomever as it happens to come up in these discussions, well sorry you’ll have to scroll and roll. Same goes with empathy for victims and their families. If a mod wants to delete then that’s fine. But so far no mods seem to have had a problem with this that I know of.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a picture of the brother’s soon to be wife? I would be interested if their aree physical similarities. At this point anything is possible and mistaken identity by either a jealous ex or a hired hand, is just as valid as the next theory.
Night and day difference in looks...

Question about the perp's phone disposal options got me thinking -- is there curbside garbage service in Brooklyn and if so, on which day of the week?

Mollies fitbit "pinged" by the hog farm. It would have to have been in close proximity to her phone in order to do so. The phone was not disposed of in Brooklyn.

OK well then I still will hold on because I'm doubtful on some of the stories
Ted Bundy was reported by several people including his ex-girlfriend, some co-workers and an author. The police who interviewed him thought he was too clean cut and well mannered to be the person who committed the crimes. I don't think that would still work today, and he is of course the person who transformed law enforcement protocol when people are reported missing.

"able to leave as she wishes"? Uh, I don't recall seeing a quote of an FBI profiler saying that, do you have a link?
I'm not saying an FBI profiler said that. It's a comment in response to this post.
No, we don't know if there was a crime.
The FBI profiler believes that Mollie accepted a ride with someone she knows.
And I asked if shanadk, who quoted the profiler who said Mollie had accepted a ride, if they also felt that Mollie was able to leave as she wishes.
I was trying to figure out why shanadk felt there was no proof that a crime had been committed. In that abduction is a crime, I was perplexed.

Reward for Mollie Tibbetts' safe return now up to $332,000

210 donors averages $1580/per person. obviously some more, some less but this is a lot and overall seems like an incredibly high amount.

for our more seasoned members:

-is there another case where its been higher? and if so, was it a wealthier city (so its proportionately the same, ik people donate nationwide but id imagine many our friends & family close, therefore you have a handful of donors with similar income brackets to the originating area).

-do you think there are 5 or so donors on here that have donated a substantial amount bc behind the scenes with LE/family theres reason to think shes alive?

-another explanation??

note: im definitely not trying to downplay the importance of finding mollie, if someone could donate a million dollars and the result is shes be foudn that'd be awesome, this just seems unusual and im wondering if theres a reason.
Geez going higher daily. If you know something and have info to help find Mollie might as well just sit back until it reaches $1,000,000 or $2,000,000. I think this is getting absolutely crazy and might be time to stop the amount from going higher so someone comes forward NOW instead of holding out for more money.

Let's always remember that the parent....Though they love their kids, with all their heart and soul...don't always know their children very well. Especially our adult children, who we do not live with.

Haha, interesting take. Ok, I'll be aware that every thread could become your own personal therapy session, women's activism, etc, and since I'm a man...I'd better just shut up and endure! lol

(Wow just wow, “Mister”Mayor. Not going to engage further on this. The mods have enough work as it is.)

Back to Mollie. So her poor dad is at the fair? Bless his heart. (Scroll and roll if you don’t like such sentiments of empathizing with victims’ families within a thread.)

Last edited:
I have long thought that Tricia should separate actual sleuthing threads from those who wish to empathize with victims, victims families, etc... These cases are heartbreaking and a lot of people can relate in one way or another. There should be separate place for all of that energy.
I just returned after an extended absence from the forum. There used to be basement forum for that. The whole format has changed from when I was last here.

My beef is always that we are to pretend the MSM is gold and stick to what they or LE say. OK they as often as not misreport things and get names wrong and dates and places.
The misinfo is the cause of so much confusion. Then LE often deliberately gives disinfo in a case and withholds public info so that I often just find "discussions" to be fruitless exercises in futility.

That said, what are the highpoints in discusions today? I am seeing information on this particular page that is leaning towards no evidence of a crime? Anybody want to weigh in with the current cliffnotes on the case?

In all cases estimated how much time is usually passed by to label someone missing at her age?

If you mean "labeled" by law enforcement--it's a subjective thing that seems to depend on:

1. the unlocateable individual's personal history (have they skipped out before voluntarily; do they have a criminal history? substance issues? issues with being stalked/exes? )

2. the credibility/persuasiveness of the family/friends who are reporting them missing to LE.

You can be missing 15 minutes and get a police response if someone makes a good enough case to LE.

They need to cap the reward and make the terms indicate for arrest/conviction as well as safe return.

I hope L.e would not see her father out there at the fair begging for help if they are steps away from an arrest. They could let the family know that much, without naming anyone.

Geez going higher daily. If you know something and have info to help find Mollie might as well just sit back until it reaches $1,000,000 or $2,000,000. I think this is getting absolutely crazy and might be time to stop the amount from going higher so someone comes forward NOW instead of holding out for more money.
over 1 million and you probably will have most PI's and bounty hunters in the country on this case, at least to some degree. Where is Elon Musk?

Where does it say it wasn't

I posted this earlier today......

I am convinced she was taken during her run.

It all comes back to the Fitbit...

- When Tibbetts' Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortved(Mitch Mortvedt, spokesperson for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation) said. Source: Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

So they got a Fitbit "ping" at the hog farm. In order for the Fitbit to "ping", it was using GPS via her phone. In normal mode, Fitbits do not use GPS. The only way for it to get and use GPS information is for it to be put into an activity mode (running, biking swimming, etc). Mollie's Fitbit's (Alta HR) only activity mode is called MobileRun, which is activated through the Fitbit app on her phone. MobileRun is how one tracks their run, by providing heart rate, distance, and time overlayed on the GPS route data. When one finishes their run, they stop MobileRun(through the Fitbit app on the phone), which then shows the results and allows one to compare previous runs. So Mollie's Fitbit was using MobileRun when it "pinged" at or near the hog farm.

Putting all this together... Mollie activated MobileRun at the beginning of her run but never stopped MobileRun. Combine this with her missing workout outfit, missing headphones, dogs in the basement, and an undisturbed house. I think it is almost certain Mollie was taken on her run. It also explains how LE is confident in their timeline.

I just returned after an extended absence from the forum. There used to be basement forum for that. The whole format has changed from when I was last here.

My beef is always that we are to pretend the MSM is gold and stick to what they or LE say. OK they as often as not misreport things and get names wrong and dates and places.
The misinfo is the cause of so much confusion. Then LE often deliberately gives disinfo in a case and withholds public info so that I often just find "discussions" to be fruitless exercises in futility.

That said, what are the highpoints in discusions today? I am seeing information on this particular page that is leaning towards no evidence of a crime? Anybody want to weigh in with the current cliffnotes on the case?
This map created and posted by a WS'r earlier, is the best cliff note lately. Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

Essentially, what does no evidence of a crime lead to? Well planned and/or Well known person, that's my summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8