Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF MT was grabbed in the morning, where was she? And, why did she still have on her jogging clothes?
Has anyone, family or friends, said they ever joined her on her runs? What route she would take?

Marie224, this is all confusing to me. I have chronic illness and sometimes my brain doesn't work right and all this about the Fitbit and phone is confusing. So let me ask this? So IF for instance Mollie was taken from her house (and her Fitbit was synced up to her phone with FB) her Fitbit would STILL be working. Is it possible that maybe if she got into a fight with the perpetrator right at WC's property and at that time her phone may have been turned off and that is when her Fitbit went out of sync too due to her phone being turned off by the perp? Just ALL speculation on my part. But if a fight ensued and the phone got crushed or turned off then I am guessing the Fitbit would have stopped tracking her movements (or something like that) RIGHT, because her phone was no longer working and connecting with the Fitbit.

If the phone goes off, the fitbit can keep collecting data (for something like 30 days IIRC, though not in this case because the fitbit's battery would need recharging). The fitbit can't transmit its data without the phone, but it can still collect it and store it.

But that data would be "trapped" in the fitbit until it could sync to her account again (or until LE finds the fitbit and brings it to the fitbit company to access the data).

Example: let's say you go camping for 2 weeks and you have no cell service, or forget your phone at home, but you somehow have a way to charge up your fitbit every few days -- a friend with an RV with power, perhaps. Your friends at home think you've fallen off the face of the earth because your accumulated steps (mine shows a running total of the last 7 days worth) dwindle to zero. But once you get back into cell range, or home to your phone or laptop, wherever your fitbit account lives, it syncs and suddenly they see all the steps you took on all your hikes the last 2 weeks.

IF MT was grabbed in the morning, where was she? And, why did she still have on her jogging clothes?
Has anyone, family or friends, said they ever joined her on her runs? What route she would take?
BBM
Which is why I think she was taken the night before.

On the surface it looks like Mollie was abducted on the running route. If she did work her way home, the line of questioning is whether or not she would have taken off her running attire and taken a shower before doing anything else at all.

Perhaps I am completely gross, but if no one was around, I would hold off on a shower, and get the work done I had to do. I don’t think Mollie coming back to her boyfirends’s brother’s house to do homework, while boyfriend’s brother and his girlfriend (who own the house) and her own boyfriend were all away working at a construction job 100 miles away should be discounted completely. Mollie continuing to wearing her workout attire while getting some work done on her computer is not completely off the charts.

All that to say, she was was abducted at some point. I just don’t want that particular angle (she made it back home and was abducted there) to be totally discarded.

It's highly possible she showered and washed the clothing to wear the next day.

So her mother said that was NOT her red shirt that was found. She said Mollie's 2 red shirts for work were in her bedroom, so she HAD to get to her mother's that night. I believe she jogged there and was picked up along the way by someone she knew.
The mother said that Mollie’s two shirts were in her bedroom. She added that Mollie may have had a third.

I also think it was in the morning but believe someone picked her up very early for work. From past experience, when I would share a ride, it was common to make plans to stop for either coffee or breakfast. So, it may have been an early start when few would've been awake to witness a car coming or going as she had to be at work by 8AM.

Going back to the beginning though here’s a quote from the sheriff:

“Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.”
Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

Plus her running clothes/stuff are missing. There is literally not one piece of evidence that she got up in the morning and left the house that has been shared with us. So I’ll be interested to (a) hear why you think so if it’s other than gut instinct (b) see if you end up being right.

Either way I just hope it’s not a mystery to LE.

Per capita statistics are skewed, there's not enough population to give the numbers relevance.

Obviously, murders get reported everywhere, but I bet that the numbers are skewed by people being more apt to report crimes in smaller communities. Visualize the "unauthorized removal" of a stereo system, for example.

Just one last thought before I get off here for the evening. Peeping Tom’s. There are those kind of low level sexual predators that lurk about in the shadows, but might escsate. Is it possible other cases of someone of that nature have been documented in the area?

This type: 15-Years in Prison for Video Peeping

Good night everyone, as we seek to understand what has happened here.

On the surface it looks like Mollie was abducted on the running route. If she did work her way home, the line of questioning is whether or not she would have taken off her running attire and taken a shower before doing anything else at all.

Perhaps I am completely gross, but if no one was around, I would hold off on a shower, and get the work done I had to do. I don’t think Mollie coming back to her boyfirends’s brother’s house to do homework, while boyfriend’s brother and his girlfriend (who own the house) and her own boyfriend were all away working at a construction job 100 miles away should be discounted completely. Mollie continuing to wearing her workout attire while getting some work done on her computer is not completely off the charts.

All that to say, she was was abducted at some point. I just don’t want that particular angle (she made it back home and was abducted there) to be totally discarded.
In college I worked out a lot and had no problem hanging out in gross workout clothes and not even showering until the morning. I would NOT have slept in them though.

I am so grateful to all of you that can keep the conversation going with new thoughts and ideas. My brain is completely fried from trying to figure it out. Along with the rest of you, I am hoping for some type of news tomorrow.

Marie224, this is all confusing to me. I have chronic illness and sometimes my brain doesn't work right and all this about the Fitbit and phone is confusing. So let me ask this? So IF for instance Mollie was taken from her house (and her Fitbit was synced up to her phone with FB) her Fitbit would STILL be working. Is it possible that maybe if she got into a fight with the perpetrator right at WC's property and at that time her phone may have been turned off and that is when her Fitbit went out of sync too due to her phone being turned off by the perp? Just ALL speculation on my part. But if a fight ensued and the phone got crushed or turned off then I am guessing the Fitbit would have stopped tracking her movements (or something like that) RIGHT, because her phone was no longer working and connecting with the Fitbit.
Exactly.. phone off means fitbit wont update live ....but once the PHONE was turned back on, the activity that took place while the PHONE was off, would stored in the fitbit memory and then update once the PHONE was completely back on and the app was opened up manually.

An example.. I have 100 steps synced and showing on my app.. phone turns off, while my phone is off, I take 200 steps, my phone turns back on, I access the fitbit app in my phone, it auto syncs and updates and adds the 200 steps to a total of 300 steps .

We will never know until we have MT phone turned back on completely, the app is selected, to auto sync what happened physically while the MT phone was off... accessing the fitbit website under MT account is usless other than saying the last sync was on X date at X time. Again, Could be from the battery depleted, could be from the phone being destroyed , could be from anything.

Going back to the beginning though here’s a quote from the sheriff:

“Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.”
Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

Plus her running clothes/stuff are missing. There is literally not one piece of evidence that she got up in the morning and left the house that has been shared with us. So I’ll be interested to (a) hear why you think so if it’s other than gut instinct (b) see if you end up being right.

Either way I just hope it’s not a mystery to LE.

That article was early into the investigation and prior to the Fitbit and cell phone data being retrieved. DC, the neighbor of DJ and BJ, stated that the FBI said that according to her Fitbit data, she went past his home later that evening. JT stated LE told him she used her computer around 10 PM.

so I haven't decided how much I am willing to post on public about tech and how I know. at the very least I am sure site owner can see my ip, but can anyone public see it here?

The problem with that is that the dogs were still locked up in the basement. They were apparently protective dogs so they were a possible threat to anyone they were not familiar with coming in the house. The dogs were only put in the basement when no one was home. Also there was no sign of a struggle.
IMHO Mollie was taken from the area very close to her boyfriend's home. That house is somewhat isolated so that seems to me to be the most vulnerable spot. I just don't believe she ever made it back inside because of the dogs, and because there was no real sign that she ever made it back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1