Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that in the end, WC had nothing to do with this case. He's just too obvious of a choice, in my opinion. I think that Mollie went with someone she knew. As there was apparently no sign of struggle at the house, I think she was walking to work when she went missing. I have to think if it was a local she went with, someone would have noticed that person acting unusual by this time. It's such a small town. I have to wonder if in the end, some local will come forward with a tip they thought was insignificant and that will crack the case.

I also think it was in the morning but believe someone picked her up very early for work. From past experience, when I would share a ride, it was common to make plans to stop for either coffee or breakfast. So, it may have been an early start when few would've been awake to witness a car coming or going as she had to be at work by 8AM.

SBBM - I might be nitpicking here but in the RT article and video interview I think it's pretty clear that he saw her walking east along W Des Moines St, then he assumed she had to have either turned north or south down Jackson St because she did not appear to backtrack to the west again. It was not a sighting along Jackson. MOO

If you go to Googlemaps and look at the street view of his house, the front (with big windows) faces Jackson and a sidewalk. Do the same standing on W. Des Moines and the windows in the side of the house are very narrow (also with a sidewalk). I think IMO is that she was walking on Jackson. Needles 2, 3, and 4 videos also support the notion that the house faces Jackson.

Last edited:
Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)
Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1) Brooklyn, Iowa Crime
Interesting. I’d like to check this against some government statistics bc from what I read the other day, Brooklyn is decidedly below the national average in crime rate. But, you know...the Internet.;)

I wondered if the timing of the NC arrest at the UI had anything to do with it? He was arrested a week before MT went missing and had some very serious charges against him. I don't know if they had been in contact, but given that he also used his sister with down's syndrome as method of assaulting women, it may have had something to do with it.
Also, as we know, LE is privy to specific info we aren't, like a rash of assaults a year ago, there may have been other issues we aren't aware of that made them hone in fast that this was more than your typical missing persons case.
@Mom24, I'm slow today...What's the "NC arrest at the UI?" (Google brings up North Carolina and Unemployment Insurance)! TIA

One of my original theories is that Mollie went for a run and someone grabbed her later when she got home. I wasn't sure of that OR if she met up with someone later. But I just read that someone (can't remember who but it was in the last thread) said LE maybe lying to us and Mollie actually got abducted not long after she got home and she maybe wasn't even the one that sent that text to her mom (it could have been the perp). That would make sense because she may have been still wearing her red shirt. The perp then took all her jogging clothes, headphones, phone and Fitbit since they (could be a man OR a woman) KNEW she wore them every day. Maybe the perp FORGOT her glasses. Maybe the perp met her right at her door and snatched her. If they did that there would be no foul play seen inside the house.

Could be that Mollie had already let the dogs out and put them back down in the basement because she was ABOUT to go for a run (so it could have happened right after that too). Maybe the perp grabbed her right before she went on that run. Of course the perp would have been following her via social media and most likely would have known all about her and her routine and KNEW she was a runner, and KNEW she was home alone because her boyfriend and everyone was going to be out of town that night. I STILL think this WAS planned out ahead of time by the perp. Also I am STILL thinking the perp knew her and she knew him or she would not have been so willing to go with him.

I personally STILL think she went on her first run. MAYBE she was talking to the perp WHILE on her first run and decided against going to her mom's for some reason and decided maybe she would go later or something. This person MAY have grabbed her right at her doorway (knocked and she answered and they pointed a gun at her or used chloroform to subdue her). I still think Mollie knew this person and probably thought of them as a really good friend and trusted them.

Still the glasses and contacts being at the house make it confusing. That would make it seem like she was grabbed and didn't have time to put on her contacts or glasses (why would they be off of her UNLESS she didn't really need them except for reading up close or driving so that's why she didn't wear them all the time and they may have not been on her at the time). It still doesn't explain the dogs in the basement UNLESS she met someone at the door and the dogs were loose. Then maybe she knew this person but the dogs were still barking at this person and causing a lot of chaos so she took the dogs downstairs and put them in the basement just so they would shut up and then when she got back to the door this person subdued her.

IF Mollie was wearing her jogging clothes when this person grabbed her they would have had to know she worked at camp and wore that red shirt. So they grabbed that red shirt to try to frame someone maybe like WC. IF Mollie was wearing her red shirt and all when this person abducted her then they had to have known her routine and would have had to taken all her jogging things (Fitbit, phone, headphones, etc.). But then when they abducted her MAYBE she was already wearing her headphones, and Fitbit. But if she was getting ready for her run I don't see her in her red shirt (if they really did find it). But it IS possible she was already dressed and getting ready for a second run (so she had her Fitbit, headphones, and phone on her. OR she was getting ready for her first run in which the same would apply. But if she NEVER went on her first run someone would have had to really know her to know that she would be going to her mom's for dinner and picking up the car. They would have had to known that to send her mom a text to make it look like her.

SO MANY scenarios here that could apply. MAYBE Mollie is the one who was able to throw her red shirt out the window of the vehicle she was traveling in. Just a possibility. And maybe this perp never tried to frame WC to begin with. MAYBE the shirt was thrown out the window of a vehicle. MAYBE Mollie was fighting with the perp in his vehicle about the time his vehicle reached WC's property. MAYBE the Fitbit and phone got disconnected at that time too (at WC's property) because Mollie was fighting for her life and that was the exact time (at WC's property) she almost got out of his vehicle. Maybe that's when the Fitbit, phone and everything last pinged or synced due to her fighting with the perp. Just MY thoughts.

This came up on my memories page today. If it's off topic, please delete it. It was written, oddly, on August 12th of 2012. When Sharon needles saw that Rob Tibbetts was right there, at Casey's giving another interview, I went back to this and read it again. I have the deepest respect for you Sir and for your compassion and how deeply you were touched. I guess I just wanted to say to everyone, no matter if the Press release happens tomorrow or not, no matter how this ends or goes on, keep sight of the human decency in yourself and others. Honor that, acknowledge it and maybe it can grow stronger than this pure evil that takes away out loves ones.

August 12, 2012
I've had to come up for air from the land of the lost girls and all of those like them. How dare I when they don't have that option? How dare any of us sit, comfortable in our homes while unspeakable acts of violence are committed every second of every day?

I want to scream until my throat bleeds and rail against all that is evil and horrid in this world. I want to feel nothing, or read about them and say, "Oh, that is so sad.", and go on with my pitiful life, doing nothing. I can't, not this time, not with these two girls. And yet the tiny amount I do brings no results. It has been a month - an entire month since they went missing. Their families drag through each day, some put on false faces for their other children, some are slowly dieing, inside and out.

I can't enjoy anything in my life right now. I am transfixed, possibly obsessed with this. And why? There have been others, I have noted, with sadness and perhaps paused for a while to read and to check for updates ... but nothing like this.

This was, of course concerning Lizzy and Lyric. I was one of many who transcribed police calls to written word which was passed along to those who were mapping and plotting, discussing and hoping to find some clue, some something that would lead to the girl's safe return.

Can I make an observation without appearing to be disrespectful? If this case truly affects you the way you describe it then you need a break. In my career I observed that every big case attracted people who had an unhealthy obsession.

Suggestion. I know you aren’t going to ignore it completely but try reading just the last page of each thread everyday.

Give it a try.

One of my original theories is that Mollie went for a run and someone grabbed her later when she got home. I wasn't sure of that OR if she met up with someone later. But I just read that someone (can't remember who but it was in the last thread) said LE maybe lying to us and Mollie actually got abducted not long after she got home and she maybe wasn't even the one that sent that text to her mom (it could have been the perp). That would make sense because she may have been still wearing her red shirt. The perp then took all her jogging clothes, headphones, phone and Fitbit since they (could be a man OR a woman) KNEW she wore them every day. Maybe the perp FORGOT her glasses. Maybe the perp met her right at her door and snatched her. If they did that there would be no foul play seen inside the house.

Could be that Mollie had already let the dogs out and put them back down in the basement because she was ABOUT to go for a run (so it could have happened right after that too). Maybe the perp grabbed her right before she went on that run. Of course the perp would have been following her via social media and most likely would have known all about her and her routine and KNEW she was a runner, and KNEW she was home alone because her boyfriend and everyone was going to be out of town that night. I STILL think this WAS planned out ahead of time by the perp. Also I am STILL thinking the perp knew her and she knew him or she would not have been so willing to go with him.

I personally STILL think she went on her first run. MAYBE she was talking to the perp WHILE on her first run and decided against going to her mom's for some reason and decided maybe she would go later or something. This person MAY have grabbed her right at her doorway (knocked and she answered and they pointed a gun at her or used chloroform to subdue her). I still think Mollie knew this person and probably thought of them as a really good friend and trusted them.

Still the glasses and contacts being at the house make it confusing. That would make it seem like she was grabbed and didn't have time to put on her contacts or glasses (why would they be off of her UNLESS she didn't really need them except for reading up close or driving so that's why she didn't wear them all the time and they may have not been on her at the time). It still doesn't explain the dogs in the basement UNLESS she met someone at the door and the dogs were loose. Then maybe she knew this person but the dogs were still barking at this person and causing a lot of chaos so she took the dogs downstairs and put them in the basement just so they would shut up and then when she got back to the door this person subdued her.

IF Mollie was wearing her jogging clothes when this person grabbed her they would have had to know she worked at camp and wore that red shirt. So they grabbed that red shirt to try to frame someone maybe like WC. IF Mollie was wearing her red shirt and all when this person abducted her then they had to have known her routine and would have had to taken all her jogging things (Fitbit, phone, headphones, etc.). But then when they abducted her MAYBE she was already wearing her headphones, and Fitbit. But if she was getting ready for her run I don't see her in her red shirt (if they really did find it). But it IS possible she was already dressed and getting ready for a second run (so she had her Fitbit, headphones, and phone on her. OR she was getting ready for her first run in which the same would apply. But if she NEVER went on her first run someone would have had to really know her to know that she would be going to her mom's for dinner and picking up the car. They would have had to known that to send her mom a text to make it look like her.

SO MANY scenarios here that could apply. MAYBE Mollie is the one who was able to throw her red shirt out the window of the vehicle she was traveling in. Just a possibility. And maybe this perp never tried to frame WC to begin with. MAYBE the shirt was thrown out the window of a vehicle. MAYBE Mollie was fighting with the perp in his vehicle about the time his vehicle reached WC's property. MAYBE the Fitbit and phone got disconnected at that time too (at WC's property) because Mollie was fighting for her life and that was the exact time (at WC's property) she almost got out of his vehicle. Maybe that's when the Fitbit, phone and everything last pinged or synced due to her fighting with the perp. Just MY thoughts.

Has LE stated that MT didn't have her glasses or contacts? The only place I read about that information was a very early post by DJ's mother (I think now deleted) and maybe a couple other posts/articles that quoted her. Other than that, I haven't seen anything officially stating that she didn't have her glasses or contacts when she went missing.

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa

WHAT? OK, I'm not going to doubt the Brooklyn rates, so I'll have to doubt the U.S. average as reported!! MOO

Nah. Play around on the site. Look up quiet little bergs you know, and big scary cities you know. All the sleepy little towns I looked up were well above average in the crime index. Then I looked up a big bad city I'm acquainted with (San Jose, CA) and whaddaya know but it ranked safer than the average!

Folks this is "fun with statistics" plain and simple. The crime INDEX is per capita, of course, which means that anything happening in a small town is totally exaggerated due to the small population. And whatever goes on in a big city is masked by the millions of people who DIDN'T get accosted or robbed there.

Even assuming the data is technically accurate, our PERCEPTION of safety (which is what we use to make decisions like whether to lock our doors or whether to feel safe jogging on our streets) does not jive with a per-capita index.

The police report is dated 07/17, but the actual burglary incident is on the 07/16. These are summary sheets of dispatch calls from the day previous. So technically the burglary occurred two days before Mollie's last sighting. Mollie was also reportedly at home alone with the dogs on the 17th.

This man has already been identified/apprehended, on 1Aug.

Dubuque man arrested in jogger assault

Presumably if he'd had anything to do with Mollie's disappearance we'd know by now.
Does this guy by any chance drive a yellow truck? I thought this might have been where Mr TT got his idea. :)

I have a couple of questions.
Were there any vehicle fires, stolen vehicle reports or any suspicious structure fires around the times of her disappearance or in the days immediately after anywhere in the county or a neighboring county? Have there been any trash or dumpster fires?
Interesting question. We have seen the Sheriff's logs but don't think we have seen anything from Fire Dept. Does anyone know? Will see if its published anyplace.

A router log most likely is not going to be a huge reveal of information. It may show when a certain MAC address was connected. It probably will not provide a URL log (a list of websites visited.) A MAC address is a unique combination of letters and numbers assigned to each and every device with internet connectivity: phones, laptops tablets, watches, thermostats, etc. I checked my router log, (I use a Netgear Nighthawk), and it will show to the second when the devices in my home (two phones and a laptop) connected to the network. I use a VPN and a proxy so my results may be different from others. I do think if the home had wifi and logging was enabled on the router, there would be a record of the time when her devices joined the network. That's all an assumption.

Sorry,

Sorry, can't cite MSM post for "bog" search, but have followed MSM and this site for ALL 23 threads for past 3.5 weeks. Previous discussion/confusion about bog vs hog MSM misstatement on this site, concerning this search somewhere in previous above 23k posts. Per my recollection, bog search reports came up and were mentioned, in passing by MSM, in the wake of the search of the area about WC's property after the red shirt was found. There could be a LOW laying swampy morass in the general area, NOT on WC's property, and I am certain that near some of the rivers and streams in the Gurnsey area you find places where the mud do squish between your toes and that LE have CERTAINLY gotten their boots wet tramping through same, so I am sure that someone searched a bog OR boggy area somewhere looking for MT - if they didn't, LE didn't do their job, and I doubt that; but I was responding to a question about a bog on WC's property. ("WC has a bog?"), where he presumably keeps his sea serpent. He has 70 acres (again this number comes from MSM, for which I do not have a citation) of prime Iowa farm land (prime because it's planted with soy beans, which you can see when he tells the press to go away, and while mowing his lawn on a couple of MSM newscast videos ); not swamp or marsh, but plantable farmland. I grew up in South Louisiana, I know the difference. If you look on Google Satellite images, the only thing that looks wet and boggy on or near his property are the hog retention ponds between his property and the hog containment building next door. If I were to sell a parcel of land with or for a hog shed (Which MSM reported that he did for $600,000, for which I also don't have a citation, but seems about right for what it is - or might have been, hence my crack about WC's net worth. Who knows how much property this guy might own!), and IF I had a LOW boggy swampy area on my property, that is where I would put the clay lined hog waste retention ponds, and build the elevated hog shed on the rest of the swamp, if there were one there, which their likely is not. As I pointed out, in my response, there are other and newer operations that use contained waste systems (in some cases mandated by state law) but I'm fairly certain that other previous posters have opined about open hog waste ponds in Iowa, so I know they are still in use, at least in some parts of Iowa as they were when I was there 30 years ago, and I can see them adjacent to other hog sheds in the area, on Google satellite images.

Also, somewhen, in the past 3.5 weeks LE assured that MT was not at the hog farm they searched twice, again I don't have citation, but IF they did they would have had to search those ponds and the holding tanks under the hog sheds. I would like to know how they searched the ponds. Dredging with hooks (the traditional way)?Ultrasound? A newer tech? A newbe with a flashlight. I really want to know how LE has determined that MT's chain weighted and fenestrated body is not buried in the feet deep anarobic sludge at the bottom of THAT hog waste pit or any of the many others in the same area. And, if by now, all other operations in the area have been converted to closed containment, have all of those MASSIVE holding tanks been searched? That kind of was the point of my post. There is a reason that so many missing in Iowa will never be found. It's that good a dumping ground with so much open land, backhoes for deep burial, and open hog waste pits where the body is mostly digested. I've drunk with too many Iowa farm boys who told me graphicly how the cow ate that cabbage, and with too many cut throat Louisiana river rats who knew too much about disposing of a body.

Wow thanks Al for this very informative post. It sounds like you know these farms and disposal quite well. After reading it kinda makes me feel like I felt all along that she and others girls may never be found due to all these awful muddy, sludge, slime, dumping hog waste areas, YUCK

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa

I think you may have to compare that to the size of town, however. They don't explain how they come up with the number 45.8, other than that it is a ranking. So it could be, due to the small size of the population, that one or two guys who get into fights a lot could raise the crime rate there if it is assaults per 1000 people or whatever.

That said, I used their compare tool to compare it to a small town I have family in, also in farm country (Kansas wheat, instead of Iowa corn) that has a very similar population size to Brooklyn, and that town was rated a 10.9 to Brooklyn's 45.8 violent crime, and a 22 to Brooklyn's 43.8 property crime, and this town is much closer to a city than Brooklyn is. It would be interesting to see the crimes list for arrests in Brooklyn.

I think once I decided on my theory, I haven't found any of the recent discussion to sway me from it. In fact, the videos uploaded made me more sure than less. I am just waiting and hoping to see what comes of it.
*I believe someone/or more than one, she knows picked her up in their car -maybe on the jog or right after the jog - I also believe at least 2 people maybe 3 know about this or were involved in some way. I hope someone breaks soon.
One of the strongest indicators that Mollie was abducted by someone whom she knew was the absence of any sign of a struggle at the house. Early on, some people believed that Mollie had made it home from her jog. However, if she was abducted prior to arriving at the house or after leaving again (for whatever reason), then all bets are off: she might easily have been grabbed by a complete stranger.

Reading between the lines, it seems like LE is leaning towards a non-stranger abduction in that they have been very cagey about the timeline and have not urged community members to exercise especial vigilance. (Whatever LE's working theory may be, though, we shouldn't assume that it's correct. LE is wrong often enough!)

Can I make an observation without appearing to be disrespectful? If this case truly affects you the way you describe it then you need a break. In my career I observed that every big case attracted people who had an unhealthy obsession.

Suggestion. I know you aren’t going to ignore it completely but try reading just the last page of each thread everyday.

Give it a try.
I was going to actually compliment the style and expression. I also followed Lizzy and Lyric tragically. It was a painful case and the writings of poohgranmma took me back to some of my own feelings of how scary the world can be-these were innocent little girls after all. But, to all out there, YES!!! we do need to take breaks and nurture our mental health. Get some fresh air, sunshine, and hugs from our own lovelies! Oh and a little more sleep. JMO
ETA, I am not a professional, take my opinion as just that!:)

So depending on router strength, could LE determine that she made it back to the vicinity of the house-maybe not even inside, because her phone would join the network as soon as she got close enough for her phone to recognize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities