Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry,
Can you link to the article where it says they searched a bog? And I am pretty sure there are cranberry bogs, peat bogs and wetlands in IA and pretty much up in the Midwest bog refers to swampy, grassy wetlands. I've not heard an animal waste treatment called a bog, at least around here. Could be different there, but hog and cow waste is usually contained in a giant underground septic system.

Sorry, can't cite MSM post for "bog" search, but have followed MSM and this site for ALL 23 threads for past 3.5 weeks. Previous discussion/confusion about bog vs hog MSM misstatement on this site, concerning this search somewhere in previous above 23k posts. Per my recollection, bog search reports came up and were mentioned, in passing by MSM, in the wake of the search of the area about WC's property after the red shirt was found. There could be a LOW laying swampy morass in the general area, NOT on WC's property, and I am certain that near some of the rivers and streams in the Gurnsey area you find places where the mud do squish between your toes and that LE have CERTAINLY gotten their boots wet tramping through same, so I am sure that someone searched a bog OR boggy area somewhere looking for MT - if they didn't, LE didn't do their job, and I doubt that; but I was responding to a question about a bog on WC's property. ("WC has a bog?"), where he presumably keeps his sea serpent. He has 70 acres (again this number comes from MSM, for which I do not have a citation) of prime Iowa farm land (prime because it's planted with soy beans, which you can see when he tells the press to go away, and while mowing his lawn on a couple of MSM newscast videos ); not swamp or marsh, but plantable farmland. I grew up in South Louisiana, I know the difference. If you look on Google Satellite images, the only thing that looks wet and boggy on or near his property are the hog retention ponds between his property and the hog containment building next door. If I were to sell a parcel of land with or for a hog shed (Which MSM reported that he did for $600,000, for which I also don't have a citation, but seems about right for what it is - or might have been, hence my crack about WC's net worth. Who knows how much property this guy might own!), and IF I had a LOW boggy swampy area on my property, that is where I would put the clay lined hog waste retention ponds, and build the elevated hog shed on the rest of the swamp, if there were one there, which their likely is not. As I pointed out, in my response, there are other and newer operations that use contained waste systems (in some cases mandated by state law) but I'm fairly certain that other previous posters have opined about open hog waste ponds in Iowa, so I know they are still in use, at least in some parts of Iowa as they were when I was there 30 years ago, and I can see them adjacent to other hog sheds in the area, on Google satellite images.

Also, somewhen, in the past 3.5 weeks LE assured that MT was not at the hog farm they searched twice, again I don't have citation, but IF they did they would have had to search those ponds and the holding tanks under the hog sheds. I would like to know how they searched the ponds. Dredging with hooks (the traditional way)?Ultrasound? A newer tech? A newbe with a flashlight. I really want to know how LE has determined that MT's chain weighted and fenestrated body is not buried in the feet deep anarobic sludge at the bottom of THAT hog waste pit or any of the many others in the same area. And, if by now, all other operations in the area have been converted to closed containment, have all of those MASSIVE holding tanks been searched? That kind of was the point of my post. There is a reason that so many missing in Iowa will never be found. It's that good a dumping ground with so much open land, backhoes for deep burial, and open hog waste pits where the body is mostly digested. I've drunk with too many Iowa farm boys who told me graphicly how the cow ate that cabbage, and with too many cut throat Louisiana river rats who knew too much about disposing of a body.

Sorry,
Can you link to the article where it says they searched a bog? And I am pretty sure there are cranberry bogs, peat bogs and wetlands in IA and pretty much up in the Midwest bog refers to swampy, grassy wetlands. I've not heard an animal waste treatment called a bog, at least around here. Could be different there, but hog and cow waste is usually contained in a giant underground septic system.

Sorry, can't cite MSM post for "bog" search, but have followed MSM and this site for ALL 23 threads for past 3.5 weeks. Previous discussion/confusion about bog vs hog MSM misstatement on this site, concerning this search somewhere in previous above 23k posts. Per my recollection, bog search reports came up and were mentioned, in passing by MSM, in the wake of the search of the area about WC's property after the red shirt was found. There could be a LOW laying swampy morass in the general area, NOT on WC's property, and I am certain that near some of the rivers and streams in the Gurnsey area you find places where the mud do squish between your toes and that LE have CERTAINLY gotten their boots wet tramping through same, so I am sure that someone searched a bog OR boggy area somewhere looking for MT - if they didn't, LE didn't do their job, and I doubt that; but I was responding to a question about a bog on WC's property. ("WC has a bog?"), where he presumably keeps his sea serpent. He has 70 acres (again this number comes from MSM, for which I do not have a citation) of prime Iowa farm land (prime because it's planted with soy beans, which you can see when he tells the press to go away, and while mowing his lawn on a couple of MSM newscast videos ); not swamp or marsh, but plantable farmland. I grew up in South Louisiana, I know the difference. If you look on Google Satellite images, the only thing that looks wet and boggy on or near his property are the hog retention ponds between his property and the hog containment building next door. If I were to sell a parcel of land with or for a hog shed (Which MSM reported that he did for $600,000, for which I also don't have a citation, but seems about right for what it is - or might have been, hence my crack about WC's net worth. Who knows how much property this guy might own!), and IF I had a LOW boggy swampy area on my property, that is where I would put the clay lined hog waste retention ponds, and build the elevated hog shed on the rest of the swamp, if there were one there, which their likely is not. As I pointed out, in my response, there are other and newer operations that use contained waste systems (in some cases mandated by state law) but I'm fairly certain that other previous posters have opined about open hog waste ponds in Iowa, so I know they are still in use, at least in some parts of Iowa as they were when I was there 30 years ago, and I can see them adjacent to other hog sheds in the area, on Google satellite images.

Also, somewhen, in the past 3.5 weeks LE assured that MT was not at the hog farm they searched twice, again I don't have citation, but IF they did they would have had to search those ponds and the holding tanks under the hog sheds. I would like to know how they searched the ponds. Dredging with hooks (the traditional way)?Ultrasound? A newer tech? A newbe with a flashlight. I really want to know how LE has determined that MT's chain weighted and fenestrated body is not buried in the feet deep anarobic sludge at the bottom of THAT hog waste pit or any of the many others in the same area. And, if by now, all other operations in the area have been converted to closed containment, have all of those MASSIVE holding tanks been searched? That kind of was the point of my post. There is a reason that so many missing in Iowa will never be found. It's that good a dumping ground with so much open land, backhoes for deep burial, and open hog waste pits where the body is mostly digested. I've drunk with too many Iowa farm boys who told me graphicly how the cow ate that cabbage, and with too many cut throat Louisiana river rats who knew too much about disposing of a body.

This came up on my memories page today. If it's off topic, please delete it. It was written, oddly, on August 12th of 2012. When Sharon needles saw that Rob Tibbetts was right there, at Casey's giving another interview, I went back to this and read it again. I have the deepest respect for you Sir and for your compassion and how deeply you were touched. I guess I just wanted to say to everyone, no matter if the Press release happens tomorrow or not, no matter how this ends or goes on, keep sight of the human decency in yourself and others. Honor that, acknowledge it and maybe it can grow stronger than this pure evil that takes away out loves ones.

August 12, 2012
I've had to come up for air from the land of the lost girls and all of those like them. How dare I when they don't have that option? How dare any of us sit, comfortable in our homes while unspeakable acts of violence are committed every second of every day?

I want to scream until my throat bleeds and rail against all that is evil and horrid in this world. I want to feel nothing, or read about them and say, "Oh, that is so sad.", and go on with my pitiful life, doing nothing. I can't, not this time, not with these two girls. And yet the tiny amount I do brings no results. It has been a month - an entire month since they went missing. Their families drag through each day, some put on false faces for their other children, some are slowly dieing, inside and out.

I can't enjoy anything in my life right now. I am transfixed, possibly obsessed with this. And why? There have been others, I have noted, with sadness and perhaps paused for a while to read and to check for updates ... but nothing like this.

This was, of course concerning Lizzy and Lyric. I was one of many who transcribed police calls to written word which was passed along to those who were mapping and plotting, discussing and hoping to find some clue, some something that would lead to the girl's safe return.

Last edited:
I may have mentioned this way back as I know I've thought about it. Have we discussed a possible peeping Tom? He could have been peeping for quite some time (weeks, months) at these two young couples, at the girls changing, etc. Then all of sudden on his peeping night out he discovers Mollie is there by herself and decides to act on it.

I will respect your opinion and agree to disagree here. My own children are not biracial but I have biracial as well as multi-racial children in my family. God forbid something happened to one of my nieces or nephews children I know my family would continue to be out there making noise and getting the word out. You can't ignore someone who is respectful and humble but determined to be in your face and that is exactly what MT family is doing exceptionally well. Her dad is is to be applauded for his doggedness and refusal to accept anything other then positive attitude and working to further network to get word out about his child. He is his child's advocate and refuses to quit. That is why some cases remain in the spotlight and others do not. Sheer determination by family to ensure their loved one is NOT forgotten about. RT is a media DREAM because he does not give up and it makes those in the media become more invested in helping him see this to conclusion therefore in the daily radar.

That said, time changes that. I will bet that if a month goes by and she is not found or anyone arrested, most media is going to move on. Not saying there will be a black out on this case but news outlets worry about their bottom lines. If viewership remains up, they will continue if it drops, sadly media focus drops as well. RT is a marketing executive and understands this. He is striking while the iron is hot.

Exactly! And due to her dad's determination (to include passing out info at the Iowa State Fair) he may change the way missing person cases are handled. Go Dad aka RT!!! How can we not love this guy!

I'm following a 26 yr old missing 3 women case (from my hometown). Family is letting law enforcement 'handle it'....

Go Dad!

I'm uploading these last two without much comment. This is another pass through Brooklyn looking more specifically at residential streets and possible jogging routes.

Thank you Mr. Sharon for all your work and the ride.

I saw a spot where Mollie could have gotten forcibly snatched on video #04. Somewhere between 8:41 - 8:55. The kidnapper could have blocked the road with his vehicle (waited for her, knowing her routine), quickly gets out when Mollie approaches, knocks her out (chlorofoam maybe?), shove Mollie into his vehicle, drives away. She disappears without a trace.

Yes, you're correct. I couldn't find the post on here, so I looked on the Poweshiek Sheriff's facebook and saw the 17th. I think a burglary on her same street the day before she goes missing could be related. What if that thief went back to break into another house and she got tangled up?

updated-burglary happened day before

I think once I decided on my theory, I haven't found any of the recent discussion to sway me from it. In fact, the videos uploaded made me more sure than less. I am just waiting and hoping to see what comes of it.
*I believe someone/or more than one, she knows picked her up in their car -maybe on the jog or right after the jog - I also believe at least 2 people maybe 3 know about this or were involved in some way. I hope someone breaks soon.

Or it could be the silence before the storm
Yes probably is. It usually happens that way.
(Offtopic: I was just remembering some books I read in highschool and college. Leocadia was one of them. It was translated into English by Patricia Moyes. She is gone now, but known for her character "Henry Tibbett" the fictional "chief inspector" of Scotland Yard.)
Just thinking out loud and waiting for the rain to come pouring down.
Chi :(

Here’s a question that keeps recurring as I read...

Multiple parties have said pings led investigators to the area of the hog farms, but I am wondering if this has been officially confirmed by LE?

It strikes me, based on the quote below, that they may just have gone out there to interview WC.

“With family and friends in the clear, investigators looked at registered sex offenders and convicted criminals living locally.” Reward for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts hits $260,000 | Daily Mail Online
No. Nothing has been confirmed as to why police were drawn to that area. There have been rumors and speculation regarding pings, but LE hasn’t officially addressed this.

@tabitha111 said:
My thoughts when watching the latest video -touring through Brooklyn
1) wow...I think I remember a total of seeing 3 people in the town during the video, one a guy was on his riding mower in his front yard, and two- I saw two people separate in the kiddie park area.
2) I would almost characterize Brooklyn as a deserted town...lol...I think I saw two vehicles during that whole video (in town moving)
3) where do the townsfolk grocery shop?
4) If I wanted to get MT at the house, the way I would travel would def. be from that back dirt road to DJ's house, that was pretty isolated. On the other hand, I thought his house was more secluded then it really is. I can see that DJ's house is in a neighborhood where the other homes are really not that far apart.
BBM: T111, I had the same reaction you did seeing the video SharonNeedles posted (thanks again, SN! ), especially with regard to your 4th point. I was really surprised to see how many residences there actually are on that street and how the street itself pretty much resembles a suburban neighborhood. If the route MT took for her jog that evening had her running that direction, it's more difficult for me to envision a random "snatched from the street" stranger abduction.
Personally, I believe I misinterpreted LE taking the video from Casey's as indication Store was considered part of Mollie's running route. IMO, the "business district" not the ideal for running compared to the neighboring streets in SN video. Unless I needed to pick up something from store, I don't think that would be my exercise route...

I actually do think this is unusual. A burglary happens the day before, and then someone vandalizes the hardware store and a girl disappears the following day. That’s a lot of crime all the sudden for a town this size.
Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)
Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1) Brooklyn, Iowa Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member