Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked, quite a few threads ago, about the drug situation in the area. I know, from having extended family that lives in a small town, and from the Holly Bobo case, that rural areas often suffer from depressed economies before many urban areas do, and often, drug manufacture and use is prevalent in such areas. I was told that the opioid crisis that grips the whole nation is felt there as well, but that meth is the drug of choice. I was told that meth heads usually just steal stuff from people they know, and then people they don't know, but that they pretty much just want to be left alone to make more meth. Not sure I buy that thought, but anyhoo...that may go a long way towards explaining the property crime rate in the area, including perhaps the home break-in , as well as possibly the vandalism at the hardware store....JMO
first does that crime graph take into account per town size of people?

second in my opinion meth is everywhere. you may not see it or the results of it, but it is everywhere. where I live it use to be the lower income lower educated but now I think around here it has effected either themselves or a family member of every other if not every family. largely here (i am not going to identify where here is on a public forum but it is not near MT area) people over 55 that don't use themselves or havent already been shocked by a family member useing just don't see it. they still think it's only a bad few that do it. and people on meth do some bizarre things. to be clear I don't think majority uses it, I just think it is a lot closer to them than they see or want to see and I think that Is nation wide. and I have nothing to say meth pertains to MT disappearance.

with crime that high why would people even consider not locking their doors?

I also think it was in the morning but believe someone picked her up very early for work. From past experience, when I would share a ride, it was common to make plans to stop for either coffee or breakfast. So, it may have been an early start when few would've been awake to witness a car coming or going as she had to be at work by 8AM.

On the surface it looks like Mollie was abducted on the running route. If she did work her way home, the line of questioning is whether or not she would have taken off her running attire and taken a shower before doing anything else at all.

Perhaps I am completely gross, but if no one was around, I would hold off on a shower, and get the work done I had to do. I don’t think Mollie coming back to her boyfirends’s brother’s house to do homework, while boyfriend’s brother and his girlfriend (who own the house) and her own boyfriend were all away working at a construction job 100 miles away should be discounted completely. Mollie continuing to wearing her workout attire while getting some work done on her computer is not completely off the charts.

All that to say, she was was abducted at some point. I just don’t want that particular angle (she made it back home and was abducted there) to be totally discarded.

Last edited:
What's sad is how many cases aren't given the attention that this one is. I think those are the ones we have to worry about more when it comes to ability of LE to solve them.

But this is very high profile and it's got huge numbers of professionals from different jurisdictions working on it.

Sharing a few things can very simply make it impossible to know if someone who has incriminated themselves, confessed or given witness info, is accurate, being truthful and/or is the person they're looking for, instead of a situation where they've been unintentionally influenced by media reports or are crazy and prompted by info released.

For example, we've heard of eye witnesses giving info as to sightings of Mollie the evening in question. If LE releases their timeline or information about whether she came home safely or not, or what clothing is missing, it could affect their ability to verify such sightings.

If they have reason to believe that indeed, she was wearing "khaki/black yoga pants" when she was jogging that night, but that info hasn't been given out, then they know the sighting needs to be taken more seriously. If that info had been given out there's no real way to know whether that sighting is likely accurate.

Or let's say someone tells someone else while drinking, maybe, that they went into Mollie's home when the door was open, found her doing homework on the computer and grabbed her, and grabbed her phone, around 10:30 pm, but we had never heard info that she made it home safely or was doing homework late in the evening, and everyone still assumed she was taken while jogging. If LE knows differently, well they may now have enough to really look at the person who confessed because they have info (homework/computer/late evening) that no one else really knows.[/QUOTES]

Preface to say; I respect LE and their decisions.. not trying to be a nosey looky loo...

My thoughts...I just wish there was a statute of limitations where LE has to be transparent after x amount of time.. not saying immediately, but after 1 year, and the case in no further along, I think anyone and everyone has a chance at helping not hendering the case.

“newbie with a flashlight”

Glad to see that great minds run in the same gutter, and you got the joke! Imagine, it's your first assignment in the field with the FBI. You're gung ho, you fly into Iowa, and ride out to the search area, report to your lead and ask what he needs you to do. He hands you a flashlight, and points at a rubber suit, saying "Kid have you ever been up to your neck in a bucket of....I pray they have tech for this, I really do!

As badly as I want the information Le has, I certainly wouldn't want to hinder their investigation. So I'm good with waiting,....... but I want to know! I figure if they cancel the presser tomorrow, they will do it an hour before start time. :(

FITBIT EXPERIMENT #2 - COMPLETE Auto Syncing FB with a phone on vs. off; and what does a PC show when your phone is powered off?

For this experiment summary, FB = Fitbit not Facebook... My experiment was done with the FB Alta, without Heart Rate and my home PC, all using my home wifi network.

Conclusion - In order for FB to auto sync and be up to date on a PC, the phone has to be powered on and you have to manually open the FB app and initiate the auto sync. FB does NOT auto sync or manually sync on a PC, whatsoever, if your phone is turned off. See different levels in the experiment below.

1. I opened the FB App on my phone and synced to be 100% up-to-date and see my stats + steps.

2. Next, I logged into my FB account on my PC to make sure both #'s/stats matched, and they did... it said lasted synced "now" then 1 minute ago, then 3 minutes, then it showed the actual time, an example 10:30 a.m.last synced.

3. I powered off my phone completely and started to walk around my house, played with my dog etc.

4. Came back to my PC to see if any #'s changed... NO, they did NOT, they did not auto sync on the PC... I also tried to manually sync using the FB website on the PC, there is no option to manually sync from a PC, but it showed the time it was last synced which was the same time I shut off my phone.

**For the following steps, I refreshed the FB website on my PC for each level. I didn't expect the screen to magically change on its own.

5. Level 1 - I simply powered on my phone, nothing else...FB no change, no sync on PC. **

6. Level 2 - After my phone powered on and the password screen popped up, FB no change, no sync.

7. Level 3 - Entered my phone password and allowed my phone to completely turn on and I waited an estimated 2 minutes. FB no change and no sync.

8. Level 4 - Opened the FB app on my phone, the auto sync was enacted and at the same time, I hit refresh on the PC... Everything synced up and I was back up to date.

End of Experiment. This experiment showed me, MT would have had to completely power on her phone and open the FB app to sync her FB stats after her phone was turned off or battery was depleted.

If her phone was turned off, the FB website would reveal the exact time this was done under "last time synced" and it wouldn't report any new stats until the phone was powered back on and the FB app was manually opened to sync with a PC + FB website.

Hope this helps.

Marie224, this is all confusing to me. I have chronic illness and sometimes my brain doesn't work right and all this about the Fitbit and phone is confusing. So let me ask this? So IF for instance Mollie was taken from her house (and her Fitbit was synced up to her phone with FB) her Fitbit would STILL be working. Is it possible that maybe if she got into a fight with the perpetrator right at WC's property and at that time her phone may have been turned off and that is when her Fitbit went out of sync too due to her phone being turned off by the perp? Just ALL speculation on my part. But if a fight ensued and the phone got crushed or turned off then I am guessing the Fitbit would have stopped tracking her movements (or something like that) RIGHT, because her phone was no longer working and connecting with the Fitbit.

A router log most likely is not going to be a huge reveal of information. It may show when a certain MAC address was connected. It probably will not provide a URL log (a list of websites visited.) A MAC address is a unique combination of letters and numbers assigned to each and every device with internet connectivity: phones, laptops tablets, watches, thermostats, etc. I checked my router log, (I use a Netgear Nighthawk), and it will show to the second when the devices in my home (two phones and a laptop) connected to the network. I use a VPN and a proxy so my results may be different from others. I do think if the home had wifi and logging was enabled on the router, there would be a record of the time when her devices joined the network. That's all an assumption.

I think this. at least it MIGHT show if she got close to moms (not implying anything happened at moms, but wifi doesnt always stop where the walls or property line does) or if she returned home. times are what it would show.

As badly as I want the information Le has, I certainly wouldn't want to hinder their investigation. So I'm good with waiting,....... but I want to know! I figure if they cancel the presser tomorrow, they will do it an hour before start time. :(
So what time do you think the presser postponement will be tomorrow. Lol

So depending on router strength, could LE determine that she made it back to the vicinity of the house-maybe not even inside, because her phone would join the network as soon as she got close enough for her phone to recognize it?

depends on the phone settings and what networks are saved.

So her mother said that was NOT her red shirt that was found. She said Mollie's 2 red shirts for work were in her bedroom, so she HAD to get to her mother's that night. I believe she jogged there and was picked up along the way by someone she knew.

How about: warning people who are planning to pay bills in person that the cameras, (a security feature), are down.
Its odd to me that they didn't instead send a message to all their members that drop off payments wouldn't be accepted until the camera is fixed. Instead it seems they sent the message to say there is no security so come and rob our payment drop box and steal all our payments. Similar situation happened in our town but it was mailboxes where the perps got the checks and it made many many people's lives miserable for a very long time.

Has LE stated that MT didn't have her glasses or contacts? The only place I read about that information was a very early post by DJ's mother (I think now deleted) and maybe a couple other posts/articles that quoted her. Other than that, I haven't seen anything officially stating that she didn't have her glasses or contacts when she went missing.
Nothing from LE or Mollie's immediate family which is probably a good indication of relevance. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1