Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, LE hasn't confirmed that. In fact, they have been very tight-lipped about the timeline, releasing pretty much nothing to the public. The information that she was doing homework came from the family.
imo that 10:00 time frame is a an assumption on someone's part because that is the time that DJ opened the SC. Not everyone understands that the message could have been sent earlier it was only at 10:00 he opened it. I do think someone probably said it but someone unfamiliar with how the app works and assumed it works like FT in real time.

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)
Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1) Brooklyn, Iowa Crime

That’s interesting. I’m using GeoStat, and the results are very different.

Violent crimes per 1,000: Brooklyn, IA - 1; Iowa - 3.5; US - 4.6.

Property crimes per 1,000: Brooklyn, IA - 18; Iowa - 32.6; US - 33.1

Crime Rate and Police in Brooklyn, Iowa - GeoStat.org

LE apparently knows her computer was signed on late into night as you put it. that does not equal MT specifically was with computer. for me to be solid with that I would need to at least know if said computer was signed on at same time she was seen out without computer.
I believe LE specifically stated homework.

I would be very interested in seeing one, because we debated for pages and pages what everyone considered "late evening." This is the first time I've seen an actual time mentioned. Do you remember if it was Fox, ABC, etc.?

I'm looking for it now. I'll post the link once I find it.

The story about her doing homework “late into the evening” has never come from any confirmed LE source.

A neighbor who gave an interview to media said LE questioned him early on in the investigation and whoever did mentioned they thought at the time she was doing homework.

Keep in mind this was extremely early in the investigation and LE didn’t have data back from Fitbit or cell.

Since then, numerous people including MT’s own mother have come out saying she never made it home from the run. Based on what has leaked out from fam sources, there is overwhelming evidence she never made it back home from run:

- Dogs fed/watered in basement where they’d be if she was out
- No sign of forced entry or struggle despite overprotective dogs - DJ himself said this
- Only items missing are ones she would take with her on a run (cell, armband, Fitbit and workout clothes)
- Wallet and other items left at home
- Multiple sightings of her on the run but none returning home from it

See my signature for why I think she vanished on the run. Don’t do mental gymnastics to stretch somewhere else - simplest answer is the correct one.

I know. However JT didn’t consistently mention that in other interviews like this one below where he said basically all he knew was about the jog. Wonder if they told him to zip it or what.

According to this, they did ask the family to zip it.

AUGUST 1: Authorities, including the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations, have asked the family not to comment on the timeline, search or investigation. Richard Rahn, special agent in charge for the major crime unit, said about 10 local state, and federal agencies are involved with the case. Between 30 and 40 agents work on it each day. Father of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts wants help, not sympathy

I believe LE specifically stated homework.

I do not that that was said by LE to the public, I think at best is second hand info. but again so what she was signed in to home work, was there key strokes happening or was the computer sitting there signed in and doing just exactly that...sitting there.

The only things we know for sure that LE knows are the things they say at the PC or in their releases. Stuff that is mentioned in news reports that someone said something or that LE told them are just that, something someone said. A lot of reporters are adding in stuff that came from previous stories. Check LE PC and LE release for what they have said they know. Of course, they know a lot more than they release.

One correction - no time was given when she was doing homework.

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen
Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer late in the evening on July 18. Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.

[Authorities originally believed Mollie may have gone missing during the run, but Tibbetts' brother Jake told KCCI that authorities now think she may have been at Jack's home doing homework as late as 10 p.m. ]

I found one that mentions it. Here's the link.
Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

The story about her doing homework “late into the evening” has never come from any confirmed LE source.

A neighbor who gave an interview to media said LE questioned him early on in the investigation and whoever did mentioned they thought at the time she was doing homework.

Keep in mind this was extremely early in the investigation and LE didn’t have data back from Fitbit or cell.

Since then, numerous people including MT’s own mother have come out saying she never made it home from the run. Based on what has leaked out from fam sources, there is overwhelming evidence she never made it back home from run:

- Dogs fed/watered in basement where they’d be if she was out
- No sign of forced entry or struggle despite overprotective dogs - DJ himself said this
- Only items missing are ones she would take with her on a run (cell, armband, Fitbit and workout clothes)
- Wallet and other items left at home
- Multiple sightings of her on the run but none returning home from it

See my signature for why I think she vanished on the run. Don’t do mental gymnastics to stretch somewhere else - simplest answer is the correct one.
Exactly. It is far more likely that Mollie was taken on the run, as all the evidence that you cited lends itself to that conclusion. Unless there is in fact irrefutable digital proof of her return to the house, I think this is the most logical theory. The evidence should build the narrative, not the other way around.

Mollie Tibbetts disappearance= topic of thread

images

This one is my first look through town. If you view this before youtube finishes trimming it, note that the hardware store I see is not the hardware store that was vandalized. This one gives you a good feel for the town, next one will be a closer look at the residential streets.

This video starts as we leave Casey's and continue west down Historic US 6 to 385th Ave just west of town. I had never been down this road before and now I can see why - it's gravel turning to dirt before it turns into West Des Moines St. I really don't think Historic US 6 or that stretch of 385th are relevant as potential routes, but maybe they should be noted.

(3:15) As I enter West Des Moines St and continue East you'll see the house where Mollie was dog sitting and the Electric Co-Op to my left. You can get plenty of close up via google street view if you're interested.

(5:10) W Des Moines meets Jackson St and I turn left (N) towards the high school. To get to Mom's house one would turn right at the 6:30 mark. I'm not going over to those houses. I continue North to Hwy 6 (not the same as Historic US 6), then turn around and go back South.

(9:30) Heading South on Jackson, I turn left (E) on Pershing. This is likely a street Mollie would have jogged along regularly. 10:45 I turn right (S) on Mills St and follow that south to 2nd street (11:35).

(12:35) I'm stopped on the corner of 2nd and Clay St getting ready to turn North. Note the view from here, you can see Casey's up ahead from the that intersection. I turn and follow Clay St north until it ends at E Des Moines St (14:35). Here I turn left (W) back to Jackson, then turn south and head towards the Business District. Notice Casey's again off to my right at 15:50.

(16:00) The Business District in Brooklyn is really just the one block of Jackson St south of Casey's. It's a one-way (south only) street.

Wow. Thanks.

It looks like a lot of sidewalks but you feel she would run in the street?

The town area would be rather deserted. Does the community center or the pharmacy stay open late?

The high school seemed like there was not much around.

Except for the houses, it seems kind of desolate to me in areas.

I do not that that was said by LE to the public, I think at best is second hand info. but again so what she was signed in to home work, was there key strokes happening or was the computer sitting there signed in and doing just exactly that...sitting there.

DISCLAIMER: Information is from the family and NOT law enforcement.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Calderwood said that a look at the internet history after it was retrieved from Jack's house suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.

However, she warned that it was unclear exactly when the laptop was used and cautioned against drawing any firm conclusions.

If she needed car for work, then why didn’t Mom or brother come pick her up that night? Then she stays at Moms or returns to BF w car? No one should walk alone after dark.

This is what I’ve been hung up on since day 1. She must have occasionally carpooled with someone else or found another way to work for no one to be alarmed by the fact that she didn’t arrange to have the car or let her brother know he needed to take her to work the next morning.

This is what I’ve been hung up on since day 1. She must have occasionally carpooled with someone else or found another way to work for no one to be alarmed by the fact that she didn’t arrange to have the car or let her brother know he needed to take her to work the next morning.

It's also odd that if someone did arrange to pick her up (and MT wasn't there when she or he arrived), why didn't that set alarms off in the morning instead of later afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1