Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm uploading these last two without much comment. This is another pass through Brooklyn looking more specifically at residential streets and possible jogging routes.

Not sure if I’m allowed to say this or if I even should for fear of being branded a lunatic, but I got an awful feeling to the point of tears when you were on Mill Street. I sometimes get “bad feelings” in certain areas of the country when I’m just passing through, not exactly sure what it’s all about. When I was driving the Google car I had a strange feeling about going down that way and I actually forgot to go back to it. I’m sure the mods will delete this if it’s against the rules.

In the absence of any sign of a struggle or forced entry inside the house, and given the environs around her abode have been searched thoroughly, there is almost a 100 percent certainty a vehicle is involved or associated with her disappearance.

That is why I asked about any vehicle fires in the area, especially those where the interior or trunk area is charred.

I hate the idea of Snapchat being used by minors. If I had kids I would want to be see what photos were being sent to my kids and vice versa. Yikes.

As far as lurkers, no one should post anywhere on line things you would want not your employers to see...imo.. this site is at least as safe as any other. More so maybe, as at least we choose our own names and don’t post pic of ourselves (usually.) jmo

This is what I’ve been hung up on since day 1. She must have occasionally carpooled with someone else or found another way to work for no one to be alarmed by the fact that she didn’t arrange to have the car or let her brother know he needed to take her to work the next morning.
In a previous news report, Mollie’s mother said that she texted her on Thursday morning to see if she needed a ride to work, or to use the car. Mollie never responded. This tells me that they didn’t necessarily make ride arrangements in the evening.

Thank you for taking the time to find those. :)

Jake told KCCI what authorities think...hmmmmmmmm. I'm going to have to think about that one.

But if you combine that with DC's statement that she arrived back home (at least darn near), and we know she was spotted at about 9:00 PM by DR, then it'd make sense she could have been on her computer around 10 PM.

In the absence of any sign of a struggle or forced entry inside the house, and given the environs around her abode have been searched thoroughly, there is almost a 100 percent certainty a vehicle is involved or associated with her disappearance.

I think those factors, along with what is missing and what left behind, proves she never came back from her run. Jmo

Thank you for the video! Seems like a beautiful, quiet little town. I definitely don't see anyone being abducted on a jog. It just doesn't seem possible without someone seeing something. I am surprised more people didn't see her on her run. Although maybe more did, and have been interviewed, and we just don't know it. I can see why people wouldn't want to talk to the press, if they were. It's a close community, if I lived there, I certainly wouldn't talk to them about talking to FBI. Especially after learning what happened with a couple of people they questioned. If she were abducted, I would think it possible from her own home. Although it's not in your video, from other pictures I have seen it looks quite secluded. Thanks again for doing these, I expect you may be a little shaken after seeing Mollies dad. I wonder where we we see that interview.

The house is in the video. Right before the elec compsny

@SharonNeedles I have not posted on Mollies threads yet but I’ve been trying to keep up... I just want to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!! For taking YOUR personal time to go and record those videos for those of us that only have images in our minds of what this small beautiful town looks like. I now have more of an idea of what “could have” happened.
So, I VERY much appreciate you doing this for us!
Di-

I'm not going to wait to get caught up before answering these, so I hope they aren't real out of place wherever they fall.
Here’s a question that keeps recurring as I read...

Multiple parties have said pings led investigators to the area of the hog farms, but I am wondering if this has been officially confirmed by LE?

It strikes me, based on the quote below, that they may just have gone out there to interview WC.

“With family and friends in the clear, investigators looked at registered sex offenders and convicted criminals living locally.” Reward for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts hits $260,000 | Daily Mail Online
I haven't heard/seen LE say that pings brought them out there, but I thought they had denied that it was the case. I know they said something about reading discussions on SM in relation to it, but I'm not sure now if they meant they went there because of what they read, or if they meant they were reading responses onSM to them having gone there. Sorry that's not much help.
Admittedly I chuckle a bit when I see surprise at how empty and quiet Brooklyn looks. I’m from MN and that’s pretty much what 90% of towns outside the Twin Cities suburbs look like.

The videos Sharon posted (TYTYTYTY by the way!) describe both states. I’ve been through Iowa many times and have probably driven through Brooklyn. They are that quiet and non descript.

Sadly for MT in this case, it really would be that easy for someone to be snatched off the street or get in a car without anyone noticing.
I thought the same thing. To many people I know, a town of 1400 is almost a metropolis. As a teen, I lived in a town in Minnesota with 365 people in it. We had 5 gas stations, 2 small grocery stores, 2 bars, 1 liquor store, one supper club and a lumber yard. The town barber worked out of his house. I recently looked at a street view of the town (now almost 4k people) and most of the old houses are still there. It really surprised me when I looked at it, that I never did have any idea who lived in about 1/3 of them. If I had seen a stranger stop to talk to someone (even someone I knew), I wouldn't have thought twice about seeing the person get into the vehicle. I now live in a "big" town of almost 15000, and the same would still be true now, even if I knew the person walking and had never seen the vehicle or driver before.

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)
Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1) Brooklyn, Iowa Crime

I think that's slightly misleading, but not totally. I used to say that I thought you were more likely to become a victim of crime in a small town than in a big city, but I'm not sure that's still true today. I'll use an example with fairly easy numbers to work with (and made up statistics). A is a quiet town of 1000 people. On average they have 50 violent crimes a year (domestic violence, bar fights, etc.), which would be about 5000 crimes per 100,000 people. B is a city with 1,000,000 people in it. On average they have about 10,000 violent crimes reported per year (mainly deaths and severe assaults are reported), which would be about 1000 crimes per 100,000 people. Even though B has more crime, A would actually have a higher crime rate. I know my numbers are off for the number of crimes reported in most areas, but I hope it gets my point across.

This is what I’ve been hung up on since day 1. She must have occasionally carpooled with someone else or found another way to work for no one to be alarmed by the fact that she didn’t arrange to have the car or let her brother know he needed to take her to work the next morning.
If it were me, I would want to know the car situation that night instead of figuring it out in the morning. It has been said that MT and her brother were sharing the car. Does he also have a job in Grinnell? Or a job in Brooklyn? I would like to know all of the ways she has gotten to workthis summer.

It's also odd that if someone did arrange to pick her up (and MT wasn't there when she or he arrived), why didn't that set alarms off in the morning instead of later afternoon?

Exactly. You would think she would have told her brother she was riding with someone so that he knew ahead of time the car was his for the day. There’s no mention of a possible occasional carpool, so it’s hard to know if this ever happened. My brother probably would have texted me just like her brother and not thought much of it if I didn’t respond. He would most likely assume I’m a responsible person and had a good reason for not needing the car. It just seems like he would have texted me the night before to ask why I didn’t come get the car or if I needed it so he would know the plan for the next day. Not accusing anyone of anything and it’s easy to see this as odd now that we know it’s significance.

But if you combine that with DC's statement that she arrived back home (at least darn near), and we know she was spotted at about 9:00 PM by DR, then it'd make sense she could have been on her computer around 10 PM.

DC did not see her arrive home. It was reported that LE told DC that she jogged past his house and made it home safely, etc. He said he had seen her run by his house in the past, but not that day. DR said he saw her at 8pm.

Azenith Smith on Twitter
She’s also since said that though that’s what LE told her she doesn’t believe her daughter made it home from her run in this article : https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...etts-says-does-not-believe-returned-home.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s all a jumble

13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe
Tuesday, August 7th

Interview with DJ, mom and dad. At about 6:40 mom describes what articles are missing. Mollie said she was coming for dinner, but wanted to run first. She has no idea what could have happened. Something could have happened at the house.

And again at 20:20 Mollie's mom says she doesn't know if Mollie was running or made it home. The whole interview is very good. She's speaking in her words.
:)

Still looks like the PC is on for tomorrow. I'm so ever hopeful that they will be announcing either Mollie has been found, or an arrest has been made. Anything short of that and hope seems to have been lost for a positive outcome IMO, but miracles DO happen. I hope no matter what, no matter how long it takes, the sick expletive that caused all of this rots in hell. But either way, no matter what, their time will come and may God have mercy on their soul.

Exactly. You would think she would have told her brother she was riding with someone so that he knew ahead of time the car was his for the day. There’s no mention of a possible occasional carpool, so it’s hard to know if this ever happened. My brother probably would have texted me just like her brother and not thought much of it if I didn’t respond. He would most likely assume I’m a responsible person and had a good reason for not needing the car. It just seems like he would have texted me the night before to ask why I didn’t come get the car or if I needed it so he would know the plan for the next day. Not accusing anyone of anything and it’s easy to see this as odd now that we know it’s signifiance.

I could see my brother not contacting me. His attitude would've been if she wants it bad enough she can call me. haha I do think she made plans for a ride though. I can't see her planning on walking/jogging in the morning to get the car either. I'm sure she knew it was going to rain that morning, plus, who would want to walk that distance when you'll be walking all day at the county fair? So, I believe she arranged another way of transportation with someone she knew.

Major county employers from the Poweshiek County Economic Development Website:

Poweshiek Iowa Development

"... Poweshiek County features a diverse and successful collection of businesses and industries. The longevity of many of these is a testament both to their leaders and their workers.

Among the county’s largest employers are Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, which insures county mutual insurance providers in a ten-state region; Grinnell College, a nationally-renowned liberal arts college; Grinnell Regional Medical Center, which is developing a statewide reputation for innovative care and features more than 50 on-staff physicians; JELD-WEN, one of the largest privately-held corporations in the country, producing interior doors and windows at its growing Grinnell facility; Manatts Inc, a Brooklyn-based diversified construction company with operations in ready-mix concrete, asphalt paving and concrete paving; and Montezuma Manufacturing, part of the Cosma Division of globally-recognized Magna Inc, the automotive industry's premier independent metal-forming supplier. The Montezuma plant puts out a wide range of products from chassis stampings and bumper beams to large exterior sheet metal body panels.

Poweshiek County is also fortunate to have a number of small, innovative firms that are breaking new ground in their respective industries. Brownells is the world’s largest supplier of firearm accessories and gunsmithing tools. ASI-Modulex produces architectural signage, while Miraco manufactures livestock watering equipment for beef cattle, dairy cattle, hogs, horses, and sheep. BASF. is a solutions oriented, full service provider to the urethane industry..."

I think those factors, along with what is missing and what left behind, proves she never came back from her run. Jmo
I feel it's entirely possible she stepped out again, after the run, for any number of possible reasons. The timing she sent the snap still stands out to me. I realize we don't have the time of transmission, but I can't see her sending it before her run, (for some reason). Why not wait till you get home from the run, for one thing, and the time he opened it, for another, I don't feel like he would've waited three hours or so, to open her message... (plus I just have always had a feeling she was not grabbed on the run, and that an older person in some position of authority, is behind this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight