Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which matches perfectly with her leaving the house around 7:30 PM, jogging the route that we have had mapped out south. It also would put her near DR's house and presumably on her way back to the house at that time. There have been zero reported or confirmed sightings after DR's which gives very strong indications her run ended shortly after the DR sighting - one way or another.

Okay I am a little confused here. Can't someone send a Snapchat from their phone? I am hearing about her sending a Snapchat from her computer. If she can send it from her phone (which is what I am thinking) she could have been in someone's home and sent that Snapchat on her phone in their home (that's why her boyfriend didn't recognize the background when she sent it). I don't know though because I know NOTHING about Snapchat (I don't have it).

If my kid said she was coming for dinner & then never showed, there would definitely be a couple of “?” texts from me later in the evening, followed by a lot of worrying if I didn’t get a response. If my kid was just asking what was for dinner and answered “Ok”, I might not think they were coming. Everybody seems to be contradicting themselves.

I don't know. Maybe listen to the video for an answer? All of them give their thoughts. How you or I would react might not be how they reacted.

<mod repaired broken quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also odd that if someone did arrange to pick her up (and MT wasn't there when she or he arrived), why didn't that set alarms off in the morning instead of later afternoon?

Excellent question! It seems to lead to only two possible options: one, that her commute plans were not known specifically by anyone else close to her, or two, that the intended ride-giver had something to do with her disappearance.

I just watched the interview again. Actually, the reporter stated DR said 8PM, not DR. Let me see if I can hunt down his original post from FB and repost it here. (Not the page, just his comment.) Is that allowed on here? I don't want to go against the forum rules.
No that is not allowed. Here are the specific rules for social media:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

What's the reward at these days? So many tips, so few results. The officers must be buried by the many unhelpful responses.

I was just about to edit my post because I re-watched it as well and heard it was the reporter not him. :)

I just tried to find the post on the Poweshiek County Sheriff's FB page where he originally posted it, but it may have been deleted. I'm not seeing it now.

Okay I am a little confused here. Can't someone send a Snapchat from their phone? I am hearing about her sending a Snapchat from her computer. If she can send it from her phone (which is what I am thinking) she could have been in someone's home and sent that Snapchat on her phone in their home (that's why her boyfriend didn't recognize the background when she sent it). I don't know though because I know NOTHING about Snapchat (I don't have it).
Yes. Snapchat is an app that people typically use on a cell phone. Although you can use other devices (computer, IPad, tablet).

Does anyone know going by the last witness who saw her at 8:00, which direction she was going? I haven't really studied the maps. Was it towards her mom's? In the direction of her boyfriends house? Headed home?

IF MT was grabbed in the morning, where was she? And, why did she still have on her jogging clothes?
Has anyone, family or friends, said they ever joined her on her runs? What route she would take?

But the same could be said for if MT was grabbed in the evening, where was she? And no one except for the perp knows what she was wearing. I just hope LE has good news tomorrow :)

She could have released the dogs on her return and then confined them again when she left the house either later that evening or in the morning.

IIRC there were no signs that she ever returned. And if she left in the morning to go to her Mom's she would've taken at least her wallet and ID, and possibly her glasses. She had none of those things,and she never answered her brother's text at 7:30 AM. At some point she would've showered,changed clothes, and eaten something. Then it would make sense that she made it home in the evening and was taken in the morning. Her running clothes are missing and it was her habit was to run in the early evening after it cooled down but before it got dark. This is why the detectives wanted to get to know Mollie and what her daily routine looked like, and how she used social media.
LE has a pretty good idea of when she went missing regardless of what our opinions are. I just hope they can find her.

PC with nothing to report, then 2 cancelled PCs, no evidence leaked, no leads from LE. Here’s one I’m going to try on for you fellow WSers: LE is negotiating with whoever took Mollie, perhaps thru an attorney, to turn himself in. Terms may include leading police to Mollie in exchange for leniency. Plausible?

"Everybody seems to be contradicting themselves". It's just out of hope. Hope is the last thing left and they're holding onto it for as long as they can. Can't blame them, I would be doing the exact same thing.

jman07, yes I have contradicted myself many times. Just trying hard to figure out what happened. There are so many scenarios that could explain what happened to Mollie.

If my kid said she was coming for dinner & then never showed, there would definitely be a couple of “?” texts from me later in the evening, followed by a lot of worrying if I didn’t get a response. If my kid was just asking what was for dinner and answered “Ok”, I might not think they were coming. Everybody seems to be contradicting themselves.
According to the family dynamics, this was normal, so her mom didn't worry, assumed she was busy and just couldn't make it that night.

<mod repaired broken quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC it wasn't that he didn't recognize the background. He looked at it briefly and only recalled that it looked like she was indoors and other than that, really didn't notice the background. He also said she had words on the photo (banner) so I'm guessing he looked at the picture, read the words, and it was gone. He didn't remember exactly what the words said, so they were probably not all that memorable and most likely not at all concerning.

Yes. Snapchat is an app that people typically use on a cell phone. Although you can use other devices (computer, IPad, tablet).
There is no option for Snapchat in the App Store on my MacPro. As far as I know Snap can only be used with a cell (possibly tablet... I'll check my iPad).

ALSO. I personally believe she sent the Snap to boyfriend after bro dropped her off at the house in a "here at the house!" sorta way.

MOO

Does anyone know going by the last witness who saw her at 8:00, which direction she was going? I haven't really studied the maps. Was it towards her mom's? In the direction of her boyfriends house? Headed home?

If you're referring to DR, he said she was going up the hill, so that would make her going West on E 2nd St.

MassGuy, thanks. I wasn't sure. I also don't have an Iphone with wifi or tracking (never have) so I am actually learning a lot about phones, Snapchat and Fitbit from this case. Never heard of a Fitbit before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish