Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It is far more likely that Mollie was taken on the run, as all the evidence that you cited lends itself to that conclusion. Unless there is in fact irrefutable digital proof of her return to the house, I think this is the most logical theory. The evidence should build the narrative, not the other way around.

MG, I agree with you. I'm assuming LE will have used the Fitbit/phone tracking data to go knocking on doors along the digitally mapped route. Have you watched SharonNeedles' videos of Brooklyn? If so, where do you think the most likely spots for an abduction to go unseen/unheard are in the area surrounding DJ's house? I have a hard time seeing her getting into a vehicle, either voluntarily or involuntarily, on any of those residential streets without someone somewhere having seen something....unless it was dark outside.

IIRC it wasn't that he didn't recognize the background. He looked at it briefly and only recalled that it looked like she was indoors and other than that, really didn't notice the background. He also said she had words on the photo (banner) so I'm guessing he looked at the picture, read the words, and it was gone. He didn't remember exactly what the words said, so they were probably not all that memorable and most likely not at all concerning.

NewYork625, oh okay. So I am still thinking she could have sent that Snapchat from her phone from an unknown location from someone's house. Thanks.

PC with nothing to report, then 2 cancelled PCs, no evidence leaked, no leads from LE. Here’s one I’m going to try on for you fellow WSers: LE is negotiating with whoever took Mollie, perhaps thru an attorney, to turn himself in. Terms may include leading police to Mollie in exchange for leniency. Plausible?
Hopefully it's true and she will be found alive. I don't know how much there is to negotiate if she is no longer alive since there is no death penalty in Iowa. I'm thinking of the Mickey Shunick case which fortunately did take place in a state with the death penalty.

Last edited:
Which matches perfectly with her leaving the house around 7:30 PM, jogging the route that we have had mapped out south. It also would put her near DR's house and presumably on her way back to the house at that time. There have been zero reported or confirmed sightings after DR's which gives very strong indications her run ended shortly after the DR sighting - one way or another.
Or she made it home... just saw this answer to my question!

PC, cancelled PC, no evidence leaked, no leads from LE. Here’s one I’m going to try on for you fellow WSers: LE is negotiating with whoever took Mollie, perhaps thru an attorney to turn himself in. Terms may include leading police to Mollie in exchanged for leniency. Plausible?
It’s definitely plausible that LE has a suspect here. I don’t think there would be a negotiation to “turn himself in,” as they could just go get him. Any negotiation would likely be between the DA and a lawyer in regards to a suspect confessing and leading LE to Mollie’s body. This would likely come only after an arrest.

PC with nothing to report, then 2 cancelled PCs, no evidence leaked, no leads from LE. Here’s one I’m going to try on for you fellow WSers: LE is negotiating with whoever took Mollie, perhaps thru an attorney, to turn himself in. Terms may include leading police to Mollie in exchange for leniency. Plausible?

Does the FBI negotiate???
Hopefully Molly is found...... & we learn something.

MG, I agree with you. I'm assuming LE will have used the Fitbit/phone tracking data to go knocking on doors along the digitally mapped route. Have you watched SharonNeedles' videos of Brooklyn? If so, where do you think the most likely spots for an abduction to go unseen/unheard are in the area surrounding DJ's house? I have a hard time seeing her getting into a vehicle, either voluntarily or involuntarily, on any of those residential streets without someone somewhere having seen something....unless it was dark outside.

Ariadne's_Thread, but if she was taken from a run HOW would she have sent the Snapchat? If the Snapchat WAS taken at someone's else's house she would have HAD to be at their house. Just MY thoughts though based on the Snapchat being at some unknown house.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't recall if this has been posted.

MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS — FBI

FBI official statement: "Mollie Cecelia Tibbetts was last seen on July 18, 2018, running on Pershing Drive in Brooklyn, Iowa. She was wearing shorts and a sports bra, though the color of the clothing is unknown. Law enforcement was notified when Tibbetts did not report to work the next morning."

Last edited:
One correction - no time was given when she was doing homework.

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen
Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer late in the evening on July 18. Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.
We have seen the time for homework as being 'evening' and 'late evening'. We debated what exactly this meant, if anything, on previous threads.

Snapchat officially is only available for android mobile devices and iphones. AFAIK, the only way to use Snapchat on a desktop/laptop currently is via 3rd party apps that emulate android.

thesaint, thanks. Now I understand it better. So she could have taken the Snapchat from her phone. I am thinking she sent it from her phone personally.

Not sure if I’m allowed to say this or if I even should for fear of being branded a lunatic, but I got an awful feeling to the point of tears when you were on Mill Street. I sometimes get “bad feelings” in certain areas of the country when I’m just passing through, not exactly sure what it’s all about. When I was driving the Google car I had a strange feeling about going down that way and I actually forgot to go back to it. I’m sure the mods will delete this if it’s against the rules.

Yo CD,
We all have gut level reactions for a lot of reasons, not always evident even to ourselves, it's just one part of your brain telling the other "this is not a good idea", not extrasensory but intrasensory...like the TV PI with the mustache said about "that little voice". That having been said, I agree with you about Mills St., and not for Psychic reasons!

Mills crosses 2nd very near where MT was last reported to have been seen @ 8:30ish. Mills is a reasonable way for MT to have completed her run loop to her mom's, if she turned North. While their does appear to be a lot of houses on this street, there are a few areas with open land, where a quick snatch and grab might be possible, with minimal risk of being seen, especially on Wednesday night.

I know. However JT didn’t consistently mention that in other interviews like this one below where he said basically all he knew was about the jog. Wonder if they told him to zip it or what.

I believe that’s exactly what happened. IMO the family has been told not to release “sensitive” details. There have been a number of things said, then later glossed over with less detail.

Others have thought this very same thing, but i just dont know.

I wouldn't describe it as negotiating but if they have a person of interest or a suspect, they've likely conducted a number of interviews (with or without an attorney) to get enough information for an arrest warrant. What the person says can also provide leads to physical evidence. LE is going to keep this under wraps particularly if they're still trying to piece together evidence to know what happened. IF there is a POI, and that POI does have an attorney, the attorney is probably working with him or her to understand the situation and advise of potential consequences.

I just watched the interview again. Actually, the reporter stated DR said 8PM, not DR. Let me see if I can hunt down his original post from FB and repost it here. (Not the page, just his comment.) Is that allowed on here? I don't want to go against the forum rules.
Good grief if it really was 9, I think that’s longer than she was known to jog if she was spotted around 730 by NH, right? And nobody else (that we know of) saw her in the course of 1.5 hours (besides RT)? Ugh. 8 makes so much more sense.

If my kid said she was coming for dinner & then never showed, there would definitely be a couple of “?” texts from me later in the evening, followed by a lot of worrying if I didn’t get a response. If my kid was just asking what was for dinner and answered “Ok”, I might not think they were coming. Everybody seems to be contradicting themselves.

I have collage graduate kids this age - one that lives at home and works evenings, and one that lives within a mile. "Coming over for dinner" is code for I'm raiding your fridge for my dinner; "I may or may not stay to chat" is always implied..

imo that 10:00 time frame is a an assumption on someone's part because that is the time that DJ opened the SC. Not everyone understands that the message could have been sent earlier it was only at 10:00 he opened it. I do think someone probably said it but someone unfamiliar with how the app works and assumed it works like FT in real time.

I politely disagree. I think the family knows when she was working on her laptop and has been told not to share the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish