Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why no one from her job called sooner. I find that odd. Taking into consideration that
she worked in a place of wellness and had the great responsibility of children, it is a red flag to me that somebody did not call sooner. I am not sure I would use that daycare or camp if they were so casual about a good, loving employee not showing up. Maybe it's just me.

I am still amazed at the interest and effort being invested in this case. I just want to encourage you that, although it may sometimes “seem” like Groundhog’s Day when you dip in, I have actually been very impressed at how many new pieces of info fellow WS-ers have dug up in the last 24-48 hours.

There’s been some seriously helpful footage of the area from SharonNeedles, for example.

There’s been an article about women who were assaulted while jogging in Iowa about a year ago.

There’s been an article about a male University student who has been dismissed for harassing females. This guy targeted many, many women over the Internet and social media and seems to have stalked some in person.

We confirmed a break in the night before, which when you add vandalism at the hardware store and a disappearance, makes for a big week for a small town. We confirmed Brooklyn has a lower than average crime rate, although it appears skewed on some neighborhood rating websites bc of the small population.

We discovered FitBits can be synced to one or more devices so there is a possibility another device (computer, tablet, or old phone) could have been used to narrow Mollie’s position even if her phone was turned off...

Stay at it, everyone. All cases are slow until the last piece of the puzzle falls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering why no one from her job called sooner. I find that odd. Taking into consideration that
she worked in a place of wellness and had the great responsibility of children, it is a red flag to me that somebody did not call sooner. I am not sure I would use that daycare or camp if they were so casual about a good, loving employee not showing up. Maybe it's just me.
It's not just you wondering that!

Iowa is on MT time? Trying to do the math with the time difference here in the UK. Not that I will be able to watch it, anoying EU data protection thing.

I really really hope they have some news or share something.

If you use FB you can usually find a Live feed on there from one of the local (to Iowa) news channel.

So if you're around just before 9pm UK time you can check in here for which local channels are showing it on their websites and then find their FB page and see if it's on there as well, and even if you can't watch it from their own website you should be okay on the FB page belonging to the news site.

I would like to know what her and her father talked about for 3 hours on the phone, the night before she disappeared.

That's when the 3 hour call took place? I've seen references to the call but didn't realize it was right before she disappeared. But, they were very close so was that common? (as opposed to Mollie having been upset or something else out of the ordinary)

In your experience, why do you think DCI will give something big as opposed to the Sheriff’s? What’s the difference in the two departments in duties?
DCI is that guy (so to speak) that doesn’t talk much, but when he does it’s important. So far in the pressers DCI has essentially been a featured guest at Poweshiek County’s presser. If this is DCI’s show I’m expecting more.

I’m not aware whether last Friday’s cancelled presser was DCI or not? If so, my mind goes wild speculating.

Iowa is on MT time? Trying to do the math with the time difference here in the UK. Not that I will be able to watch it, anoying EU data protection thing.

I really really hope they have some news or share something.

You can use a VPN, very straight forward; just set it to US. Then you can watch it on:
KCCI News at 6am Weekday Morning

That's when the 3 hour call took place? I've seen references to the call but didn't realize it was right before she disappeared. But, they were very close so was that common? (as opposed to Mollie having been upset or something else out of the ordinary)

I don't believe it was the night before -- I remember reading it was the previous weekend, perhaps? And also that such long calls were entirely common for them, not unusual in any way.

I would like to know what her and her father talked about for 3 hours on the phone, the night before she disappeared.
I understand lots of fathers are close with their daughters, especially if they live across the country. No matter how close you are, 3 hours is a long time IMO. But there might not be anything to that, who knows!

DCI is that guy (so to speak) that doesn’t talk much, but when he does it’s important. So far in the pressers DCI has essentially been a featured guest at Poweshiek County’s presser. If this is DCI’s show I’m expecting more.

I’m not aware whether last Friday’s cancelled presser was DCI or not? If so, my mind goes wild speculating.
From Friday
DCI Postpones Planned Update on Mollie Tibbetts Search

Okay this probably means nothing but it is a thought I have been having regarding the text about the brats and Mollie responding OK.

I have two children,25 and 15. The 25 year old, I could text him the "The House Is On Fire RUN!" and he would text back "ok". The 15 year old would text back an elaborate response, likely questioning any sort of visible flames, did I call 999, where is Kat, etc. My point is that we know zero about Mollie's texting habits with her mom. She falls in the middle of my children but she is also very SM active. Both of my children are, yet their texting habits are completely different.

So Mollie, texting back OK after her Mom said brats about dinner? That could mean ANYTHING. Yeah, Mom, I'm going to the DR in a couple weeks, wearing a bridesmaid dress and a bikini with my supercute boyfriend, I'll be RIGHT over to eat a brat. Yeah Mom, you know I love a brat, I just went for a run and I could eat a mammoth and I will be right there! Or Okay, you're making brats. Not my favourite but do I wanna cook?

We also don't know what other context is around this exchange. If there was more to it. And because we have no idea of her texting habits, which can vary widely from other SM, this is yet another thing I just can't get any sort of "vibe" or clear line of thought about.

You folks do know that BRATS are sausages right???

GOOGLE TRACKS YIU EVEN WHEN YOU DO NOT WANT IT TO

wonder if le used this.
Google really IS recording your every move! | Daily Mail Online

In a previous news report, Mollie’s mother said that she texted her on Thursday morning to see if she needed a ride to work, or to use the car. Mollie never responded. This tells me that they didn’t necessarily make ride arrangements in the evening.
It was JT that texted Mollie the next morning. Not her mother. He texted at 7:30 am asking if she needed a ride. She needed to be at work at 8 am.

I understand lots of fathers are close with their daughters, especially if they live across the country. No matter how close you are, 3 hours is a long time IMO. But there might not be anything to that, who knows!
Unless I was having problems or things going really well with lots of good news to share I’d run out of things to say.
If this length of phone call was the norm for her (some people like to talk) then that’s one thing.

Could someone remind me what time work notified the boyfriend that she hadn’t come to work? (Mid-afternoon??).

One possible reason for the delay in notification is due to the field trip going on that day. I am sure that day was much more hectic than most, with trying to get all the kids ready to go (bathroom breaks for them all, etc), transportation to the fair, etc with one fewer employee. I could see a call from the manager to alert family/boyfriend in the morning if it was a routine day.

Another thing to remember is (aside from some of us on this site :)), people do not automatically jump to idea that something is terribly wrong. People have a tendency to explain things away. However this is a bit different since it is a no show for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15