Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was indeed rare for her to be alone overnight...it is odd that no one checked on when they had not heard from or seen her...
Eta...when I would visit my mom, I often stayed in a small motel nearby and one evening I did not answer my phone, she got in her car and drove over...and she was 80...I was 50.
Great point, and even though I suspect you didn't mean it as comic relief, I got a chuckle out of your 80 year old mom "checking up" on a 50 year old "child." Reason is: My own elderly mother, now deceased, once warned me, when I was going to the mall at 2pm, not to speak to "mashers" who might approach me. I was well over 40 at the time and had a good laugh, but knew what she meant. She grew up in the 1920s and was of the belief that anyone with a tattoo was either an ex-con or an ex-Marine. Times were different 100 years ago.

True. But LE can still get telephone numbers without having her physical phone. I don't think they can get texts but maybe I am wrong. No one seems to actually speak on the phone any more.
If I understand correctly, without the physical phone, LE can get the time and recipient info for texts, but not the content of the texts.

Yes that is true and in no way am I accusing - I’ve read through mountains of threads and we all talk about her last contact being that Snapchat. But there is no way of knowing that is true.. I don’t know why but that just doesn’t sit right.

I guess because I have a daughter that does a lot of snapchat it does not sound suspicious at all to me. It was likely a very normal part of their days and communications as it is for my daughter and her friends. It just so happens that on this day something out of the ordinary happened and Mollie disappeared. The nature of snapchat does complicate it all.

Also, not directing this at you, but I have seen some recently posting that she didn't seem have girlfriends. They are not being discussed here but she did have them. She had one in particular that noted that she did not receive her daily text ( a quote of the day) from Mollie and she was also close to the boyfriend's brother's fiance. I do believe she was to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, for which the date has now passed. So sad. It is also a good point to note that not all young women have a large circle of girlfriends. Not everyone is wired that way. We don't know just how large Mollie's circle of friends is but she did have girlfriends mentioned in previous threads.

Maybe she took her arm band to listen to music on the walk over to her mom’s.

My runner friend sometimes keeps her phone in the arm band. It acts like a cell phone case and she doesn't have to switch it back and forth between cases.

512mbduFczL.jpg

Ok,

Here is my analysis of the current status of the investigation.

I was initially hopeful that the areas of interest might correlate to some hard evidence that LE were keeping from the public. Unfortunately, after thoroughly reviewing the "finding Mollie" site and creating a layered map of the areas of interest in relation to all of addresses of known stakeholders in MT's life, addresses of witnesses, addresses of interviewees, addresses registered sex offenders in the area, and locations of cell phone towers around Brooklyn, Iowa, I now believe that LE are really struggling to put any cohesive theory together about what happened to MT.

I don't believe they have any new clues or information that we don't already know. Based on my analysis, I am concerned that they either have not received the Fitbit, phone, and laptop data or they have received it and have been unable to conclude anything useful based on it.

I also think that their areas of interest are based purely on tips rather than a theory they may be piecing together from location data. This is substantiated by the fact that their identified areas of interest are a place where Mollie definitely was the night she disappeared (the area near DJs house) and two stereotypical places that a stereotypical perpetrator MIGHT visit shortly before or after committing a crime (a truck stop and a car wash).

I believe the final two areas of interest which LE have not been forthcoming about are thus likely based purely on tips as well.

That said, I was able to locate the names and addresses for all of the property owners residing within the two mystery areas of interest, but I have not had the opportunity to run background checks on them for past criminal history yet. If I find anything of value I will let you know. However, based on satellite imaging of the mystery areas of interest, my initial suspicion is that the reason the areas are of interest to LE is less about the residents than it is about the numerous bodies of water within the boundaries of those specific land parcels. I imagine they may suspect that MTs body might be hidden there.

Overall, I am a bit disappointed in what seems to be an inability by LE to piece together MTs tech footprint metadata into a cohesive and useful picture of what took place the evening of her disappearance. Perhaps, though, I am just spoiled by where I live. I am sure here in California, where all children are gps-chipped at birth, MT would have been located by now.

BBM...I appreciate your insights, but we are not allowed to sleuth people who have not beeen named as POIs or suspects. It kinda bothers me that someone here would run background checks on people who just happen to own land near a POSSIBLE location associated with a POSSIBLE crime, and report those findings on a board that hundreds of people can see. Even if you do not name them, locals on the board may well know who you are referring to anyway. Looks like a recipe for getting a time out and the thread shut down yet again...JMO

Last edited:
IMO, if she was abducted, the likelihood is extremely high that when the evil creep who took MT is caught, we'll learn he has a history of criminal charges if not convictions, and it will likely be for crimes against women of a violent and/or sexual nature. If I were LE, I'd even be looking at men within 100 miles with a history of public indecency or peeping charges.

I don't know if LE can review juvenile records or if those all get expunged when people reach adulthood, but IMO this creep will also turn out to have a juvenile record.

bbm
I am pretty sure that the snap had disappeared by then as they are designed to do. So unless LE has a way to track and find out what was sent then the answer to your question is likely no, no proof. I do think it is very important to reiterate here that the boyfriend has been cleared and is in no way under any suspicion here.

This is interesting...

Actually, Snapchat Doesn't Delete Your Private Pictures And Someone Found A Way To Resurface Them
... he discovered that Snapchat stores every photo in a folder called "RECEIVED_IMAGES_SNAPS." An extension, ".NOMEDIA" is added to each photo file which makes them hard - but not impossible - to find.

"The actual app is even saving the picture," Hickman tells KSL.com. "They claim that it's deleted, and it's not even deleted. It's actually saved on the phone."

I'd suggest 1) buying a treadmill. In fact if we catch this guy and no reward money is paid out, it should go to buying treadmills for women who can't afford it (mollie couldn't afford her own car). 2) learn brazilian jiu jitsu. Just a month of classes could prepare you to subdue a violent man 3x you size with an arm-bar or choking him unconscious. Those moves are actually easiest to perform when a perp is on top of you and underneath your legs.
I'd add guns to the list, actually to the top of the list. Inexpensive, plenty of available classes, and get the job done. Three times in my life I've deterred rape/murder just by revealing that I have a gun in my possession. Plus, target practice is fun. In conjunction with martial arts, mace and a personal alarm blaster, a gun is the perfect companion for every woman who wants maximum personal protection.

I agree. As to the scenario of them being afraid to arrest someone because they don’t know where she is and she may “starve,” history doesn’t lend that much credence. If you have enough to arrest someone, then you have enough leverage for the perpetrator to tell you where the victim is. This type of thing has played out in ransom scenarios, where the victim has been buried alive (super rare). If they know who did it, and have reason to believe Mollie is still alive, police would have moved in. Preservation of life is paramount in LE.
Great post. I am beginning to think they have too many possible suspects with no real evidence.

I like that young man DJ. I think he's broken hearted. Again RT said 'After spending time with Dalton I know why Mollie loved him'. No sorry I don't have a source. Just something I remembered.
We see him silently standing by Mollie's dad during press conferences and I think how lucky they are to have each other right now during all of this. Dad's confidence and experience and Dalton's quiet presence.

I agree. I feel so badly for them all. I really hope they find out one way or another what has happened to Mollie.

I can't shake the fact that Mollie and her BF hadn't spoken that day...they didn't touch base after work...and when she sent him the Instagram, he didn't even respond! I find that odd. Even when he wasn't our of town, when I was that age my boyfriend and I spoke every night before bed. Not accusing anyone, just thinking maybe the relationship wasn't asgood as it is portrayed.

This isn't accurate though, in an interview DJ said they exchanged a couple snapchats or texts earlier that day (I think he said early in the evening but can't recall which time frame he gave it) and he fell asleep after opening her last snapchat around 10:00 without responding until sending her a text in the morning (that she didn't reply to).

I like that young man DJ. I think he's broken hearted. Again RT said 'After spending time with Dalton I know why Mollie loved him'. No sorry I don't have a source. Just something I remembered.
We see him silently standing by Mollie's dad during press conferences and I think how lucky they are to have each other right now during all of this. Dad's confidence and experience and Dalton's quiet presence.

Love this post. Thank you.

Maybe but I wonder how many times, with four living there, she was alone? Somebody said, can't remember who, that if Mollie slept there the dogs would have been with her.
I think it was Dalton that said "if Mollie was alone she would go to her mothers house to spend the night".
So there we are.

I remember that. Here's a similar quote:

"Jack and his brother said Mollie’s cell phone, Fitbit, ear buds and arm band - which she used while running - are missing from the home. They also said Mollie rarely stayed overnight at their home alone.

Brother of Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend says no sign of struggle at home; she 'would have done something'

If there's any confusion at all, Radar Online is off-limits. Post mentioning it will be removed.

Do not mention it, do not link to it, and do not bring any information (rumor) here or discuss it.

Thanks.

Is the UK Daily Mail allowed? <modsnip: don't mention it>
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what we know about Mollie's last location:

"On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time."
https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

She was last seen jogging, and there is nothing to suggest that she returned to the house-sit house. Furthermore, we should not exclude the fact that she was expected to pick up her car from her mother's house.

It seems logical that she would have her 45 minute jog, end up at her mother's house, collect the car, and return to look after the dogs. It doesn't make sense to me that she jogged from the house-sit at 7:30, returned to the house-sit at 8:15, and then planned to jog again closer to sunset this time to pick up the car. Why would anyone do that?
If you are asking me, I don't know why anybody does anything. What is logical to one may not be logical to another. It makes sense that she may have been on her way to her mothers. It also makes sense that she may have been doing homework later in the evening. Especially since her brother and neighbor claim LE told them that. That was originally what LE supposedly told a reporter. I think it was in their local paper and I wish someone could provide the source. Also the fact that her mom believes her contacts were left behind seems to imply she was home later. There is always a possibility she had a pair that they didn't know about, but if they were sitting in her case in solution and there were no unopened pairs it would appear she wasn't wearing them. She had taken them out and intended to put them back in. If she was going to open a new pair she would have just thrown them in the garbage. Assuming they were disposables. This is what has always been bothering me. If we new for sure, I think it would be very telling,as she wouldn't go anywhere without them in. But we just don't know. In regard to the car, I don't recall that it was definitive that she was expected to pick up her car. I got the impression that there was a possibility her brother would be there with it the following morning. That is why he sent her the text asking if she needed the car. I don't remember any clarification that SHE WAS EXPECTED to pick up the car at her mother's house. That WOULD make a difference, for sure. Can anyone or provide a source that says she was planning on "Picking up the car" as opposed to her brother picking her up for work? It doesn't make sense to me that he would ask her if she " still needed a ride to work"if she was going to pick it up. Wouldnt he have asked her the night before and not last minute before she had to leave for work?

Does anyone feel there is a significant reason LE has withheld how Mollie intended to ge to work the next morning? Or do you think we are overthinking this one? Just curious

This is exactly what I’m thinking. There must be an answer to that. But it has not been shared to the best of my knowledge.

Does anyone feel there is a significant reason LE has withheld how Mollie intended to ge to work the next morning? Or do you think we are overthinking this one? Just curious

I’m wondering if she got to work all sorts of different ways-I’m thinking that she’s been self sufficient and on her own enough that no one felt that they had to make sure she would find her way to work or wherever. She stayed at her bf’s house some nights, some nights at home, more like an adult who was responsible for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper