Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting tight here absorbing all of the info being reported. Personally not going to hash it out about the fitbit etc. In my opinion, she was abducted by a local not known to her. I do feel they will find her (hopefully alive) with her electronic devices. Patience is needed now.

Sitting tight here absorbing all of the info being reported. Personally not going to hash it out about the fitbit etc. In my opinion, she was abducted by a local not known to her. I do feel they will find her (hopefully alive) through her electronic devices. Patience is needed now.

Thanks IowaMom4. I understand it's just a mile to her moms house and in the "big picture" this story seems to revolve around Molly being an avid runner, but something just bothers me about the whole timeline. AND, the fact that she didn't get the car so she could make it to work. It has been said how responsible she is, so for her not to communicate about dinner or the car makes me suspicious of what's "not being said".

In my family we share a vehicle. Teens and young adults having to work and attend school takes coordination and if they happen to get another ride (and save someone else the trouble of getting them) they would have to communicate that! It must be well organized. And, maybe it is just my own experience with sharing a car with kids but kids don't want to walk or run a mile if they can find another way to get around.
jmo

This is what makes me think she went missing on the run. I just don't think someone that is described as having a regular routine would just go to bed not knowing how she would get to work that early the next day. Not someone who seems responsible and like this is 100% not like her to just run off.. I also think would it be unlike her to not have a ride lined up? I just can't get past that idea. I also don't think calling or texting big brother the next morning to say come get me would really be the best plan because what if he didn't wake up or hear it.. she'd be stuck without a way to work or have to run a mile that early to get the car? Just doesn't seem likely at all.

So, is that official enough?
AmesPolice twitter
"We are re-posting this info and want to help clarify information shared earlier this week. Mollie did not disappear while running, rather, at some point after 10pm on July 18 after messaging her boyfriend. She was staying in Brooklyn, Iowa. #FindingMollieTibbetts"

This is per the @AmesPolice twitter 1 hour ago FWIW

Thanks for this.
Maybe this is official enough for those who wanted a quote from LE

Ames Police (@AmesPolice) | Twitter

This is what makes me think she went missing on the run. I just don't think someone that is described as having a regular routine would just go to bed not knowing how she would get to work that early the next day. Not someone who seems responsible and like this is 100% not like her to just run off.. I also think would it be unlike her to not have a ride lined up? I just can't get past that idea. I also don't think calling or texting big brother the next morning to say come get me would really be the best plan because what if he didn't wake up or hear it.. she'd be stuck without a way to work or have to run a mile that early to get the car? Just doesn't seem likely at all.

To me, it suggests she had other ways of getting to work that were known to her friends and family but haven't been discussed publicly, such as a coworker or friend that she would get rides from sometimes. This makes sense to me because it would allow for nobody being particularly concerned until they discovered she didn't make it to work at all and would account for the brother asking about getting home from work but not being all that concerned about how she got there that day. (Speculating.)

I’m wondering where I can find a link stating there will be a press conference like some posters on this thread said?

Has this site been experiencing issues lately anyway or is Mollie's thread breaking the internet?

It’s not just you I have been ready to throw my iPad at the wall in frustration as the site has been grinding to a halt. A lot of people care about Mollie and her case though so I understand a lot of people are trying to post and access the thread.

Her last tweet implies she's a napper, so she may have passed out exhausted when she got home from her run (thus, taking her contacts out).

Mollie Tibbetts on Twitter

I know it's been talked to death in this thread, but she never explicitly confirmed she was coming for dinner. Her mother asked if she was coming, she asked "what's for dinner?", her mother said "brats", and Mollie said "ok". To me, that sounds like a "maybe," which would be why her mother wasn't alarmed that she didn't show up. I suspect Mollie was known to fall asleep/nap after her run and usually not show up for dinner, especially since she probably could have just as easily found something to eat at her boyfriend's if she woke up late hungry.

That, to me, makes me think someone surprised her at boyfriend's. Possibly someone who knew she'd be there alone; they may have found out through social media or through word of mouth (overheard someone). I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to the autistic boy who disappeared in Waverly.

I feel like maybe they have connected Mollie's case to another missing person(s) in the state of Iowa and surrounding areas, hence why the 15 FBI agents.

Last edited:
So, is that official enough?
AmesPolice twitter

Thanks for this.
Maybe this is official enough for those who wanted a quote from LE

Ames Police (@AmesPolice) | Twitter

While this is MORE compelling for me than the news article, I'm still somewhat skeptical given that it's a whole 2 hour difference and a fairly different story from what's been said by the people actually in charge of the investigation... I wish they would confirm or deny, but I understand why they are not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova