Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't either and I firmly believe this is what is holding the family together. Hope that she is still alive and will return safely. I believe it was DJ who said, when asked in an interview if he really thought she was alive, "of course, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think it was true." He has to think she is alive.
As long as remains haven’t been found, we must search for a live Mollie. I’m up for a miracle.

I can get on board with studying the "Why Wednesday?" idea, as in why Wednesday versus a weekend night. But IMO, other questions could help answer that. Like, it happened on a Wednesday because Wednesday was the day nobody was home with MT? Or the day the co-op camera was out? Or simply the day he had the opportunity to grab someone (or her specifically) unnoticed? No community event would, IMO, attract enough people to give a perp the clear. I think if they didn't notice him it was because there was nothing to notice about him. MOO
I agree with most of this. I think the most helpful question related to Wed is “who can we prove was in town on Wed?”

If possible, the terms of the reward will eventually need to be changed to 'return of MT (dead or alive) and/or info leading to arrest and conviction of parties involved'; this alone could generate freelance PI interest, and considerably
up the ante for those who might be paid to look Those who have donated, and will in the future, could be asked if they concent to to the change. I'm curious as to what are the terms for the first $2,000 posted. If there is currently a two-tier reward for MT's return, then increasing that lower tier for other than MT's safe return should be doable, with donor approval. I do not think that MT's father is out of the fight yet. He is just going back home to regroup. As his denial changes to anger, I am curious to see what resources he brings to the hunt for MT. He comes from a community with incredibly deep pockets, and with the interest in this case, with that kind of money anything is possible!

I think that LE was deliberately vague about the terms of the reward at the last PC, to increase the response. At this point, I do not like the terms of the current reward, as it may appear like too much of a bait and switch to those who actually know what happened to MT!

The most radical thing that I would do, would be to allow the award to be paid to the perpetrator's next of kin, if he turns himself in along with MT (in whatever condition - if that is possible). I know that US law enforcement would not allow this, if they have a say so in the matter, and for good reason. However, with enough money, almost anything is possible, even if it has to be done on the international level.
I too think that LE was intentionally vague about the terms, for the exact reason you propose. They obviously know the terms, but phrasing them in that way may generate a tip from someone who doesn’t know better. If this was intentional, it was brilliant.

Ok I am the no-life who HAS read all the posts...you can ask me if some theory was mentioned...(the answer is yes...)
me too, and I didn't even know about the case until the 5th! Before that, I was averaging 30,000 steps. Now, I'm averaging 10,000. I feel like everything is just going to go in circles until more information is discovered or released.

There is a lot of truth in this post - especially the second paragraph. Check out Sylvia Browne’s “visions” of Amanda Berry and Shawn Hornbeck.

Some PI’s are attention/money seekers but there are some good ones.
There are good and bad people in every profession. I have first hand seen incredibly skilled people in both categories working side by side with LE. The general public rarely knows about it because the good ones keep a very low profile.

So what are your thoughts on micro chipping humans at birth?

HAH! I get creeped out about privacy-I give up plenty cause I am lazy and like my internet experience to be intuitive, thereby letting my movements get tracked and cached and evaluated and someday I would love to read what I have been categorized as by various companies. I hope I’m a tough one to figure out. I used to be weirded out and not click on Al Jazeera’s news website cause I figured that would put me on some kind of list even though for news they were great. But I just typed it here and now I’m on that list anyway. Probably just put WS and Al Jazeera together on another kind of list.

You get what I’m about-if LE is worth their salt-and I have to believe they are-Mollie and her devices left a footprint and, hopefully with a bit of luck, everybody else’s digital footprint, and CCTV, they can crack this thing.

Does anyone know what the high school/college kids do when they hang out? This is a small town and I was just curious if during breaks do they have bonfires out at someone’s land, drink beer in fields, etc? I only ask because I’m from KS and there’s really not much to do, it’s what we always did in HS and college on breaks.
All I know was that apparently Mollie made a statement to a friend that she was so busy with school and work while everyone else was having fun. So if you are asking about her social life, it seems she didn't have much of one at the time she went missing.

There are good and bad people in every profession. I have first hand seen incredibly skilled people in both categories working side by side with LE. The general public rarely knows about it because the good ones keep a very low profile.
Very true - however just my personal belief that I am not a big believer in psychic abilities if any kind. I’m too logical a person.

I believe that there are some that can psychologically put themselves in the mind of a perp and think what they think, how they’d act, etc but not see visions, etc.

I know many do believe in that and I respect that view completely. Just have a different one.

This is very true, less towers= bigger areas to cover
Local comments about the cell service are interesting in that a number of people say that because their phones are always looking for service depending on where they are physically located in or around Brooklyn that their batteries drain faster than in other locations where towers might be located closer together and signal strength more consistent. I wonder if any of the people that have visited Brooklyn found this to be true? Battery life also might depend on who your carrier is in Brooklyn as we found a few threads ago that some carriers have solid service in Brooklyn town out heading toward Guersey but others only had fair service outside of Brooklyn. But this idea of battery longevity due to cell service strength is an interesting concept IMO when thinking about how long MT battery life might have been in order to create a digital footprint for LE to follow. Perhaps we assumed that much more information was available to LE than it really was, particularly if she was taken out of Brooklyn quickly.

Does Mollie’s dad have stepsons? Since the articles say “sons” back to college? Or just more bad journalism? Or is the younger a freshman?

Wonder what they decided about Mollie’s new apt etc...
Her roommate may eventually have to find someone else to share it with, I would imagine she can't afford it by her self. Or maybe her dad will contribute to the rent. And no, I don't Think there are any step children.

Hi folks I'm new here so please be gentle.
I know many of you here are aware of Mollie's pinned tweet on twitter.
This is where Mollie says she was in the libary and approached by a Cop and mistaken for a missing child on 15th November 2017.
What I got from this was a possible idea being seeded with someone in Mollie's social media circle or someone that visited her page.
I know it's a long shot but if I was checking back on messages and people who visited her page I think that day the 15th November 2017 would be a good starting point.
Like all of you I sure hope and pray that L E get a break and can bring Mollie home.

Welcome, Bringemhome.:):):)
When new, you are very wary.
Hope you send more posts.
While you all post, I sleep, and then have loads to catch up on.
I agree about your comments, on Mollie's social media circle, and would imagine, have been well investigated.

So you are going on the assumption that it was someone coming into town and not a local. And how would LE know the perp and have him tracked there? The highly percentage possibility is that the truck stop was a stop after the perp and mollie had contact. If LE has a way to know that the perp started at the truck stop before they even met mollie, I think they would be further along on catching the perp.

I'm still going on the theory that one of Mollie's friends meets her on the run, and they go back to the house to hang out for awhile then heading to Grinnell for a quick bite. And never made it to Grinnell, then the kid had to drive around the area looking for a way to solve the body issue.
I kind of agree with you...that it was a young man/boy and her brothers knew him which is why she went with him and or her...

Erwin Schrodinger is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist and author who came up with the cat thought-experiment. He died in 1961. It has nothing to do with this case.[/QthaUOT Thank you. I had just come to that conclusion. Wish you posted that 2 hours ago!
I just replied in the wrong place.. oh well not important and I hope I didn't mess everything up.

Last edited:
Hey all, new poster here, and since Ive been reading all the threads for awhile I fully expect to get my head bit off, but here goes... I completely agree with this. I believe LE has someone in mind, but have insufficient evidence to do anything. Without Mollie thats holding this case up. I believe while they havent seemingly provided much publicly, they provided enough to attract potential witnesses to tighten their case on their suspect. The statement I cant get past is from MTs dad, "....probably someone who cares about her. But that relationship was misguided, misinterpreted and went wrong...." Its almost as if he also has an idea of who may have taken her. As if maybe she had trouble with a person in the past? I strongly believe it was someone she knew, and who knew her. Not a random stranger. Along these lines, I also mostly believe MT was the suspects target, due to LE not putting the small town on alert.
Welcome. Glad u jumped in.

All I know was that apparently Mollie made a statement to a friend that she was so busy with school and work while everyone else was having fun. So if you are asking about her social life, it seems she didn't have much of one at the time she went missing.
That’s interesting. I am guessing LE knows a little more about whether this sentiment is something she expressed to friends repeatedly or with any seriousness. If it turns out she has been contemplating some big life changes recently, discussing them or filing papers etc., that would slightly shift the odds toward a willing disappearance. I only say slightly bc most people who go to school or work naturally feel like those choices cost them some fun sometimes. And even if they decide to make a significant change, most wouldn’t willingly put their families through this kind of horror.

A related question worth asking though is, *if* Mollie happened to be re-considering her lifestyle and was going to shift away from college, what would she have moved toward? What was her Plan B or desired alternative? And then, follow-up questions would be, is there anyone who had a stake in her keeping things the same? Is there anyone who wouldn’t have liked that specific Plan B? And is there anyone that would stand to gain from her choosing Plan B?

Well, he was a physicist, I assume it was a well founded theory. I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure my analogy to this case is at least not completely out in left field. Starting to doubt it now. But to my mind it's relevant anyway. In trying to understand what about it is known.
In my mind it's just a bunch of malarkey. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member