Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone local know - do the State LE and detectives actively work this case on weekends? Or are they at a reduced staff - just someone taking calls?
The only way a local would know the answer to this is if they are in LE or know someone in LE.

They would have to be verified as LE to answer the question. If MSM reports on this subject then it could be posted here.

Otherwise it would be rumor and not allowed.

Or she was already at home, as was originally stated, and she left to go get the car before the storm came....possibly even catching a ride with someone she knew....who had bad intentions?? I asked earlier what time the storms started because Im curious why she would be out jogging/walking if its storming.
I'm just thinking leaving the house, weather looks bad, weather alert on the phone, she changes her plan, and there is another potential moment for things to take a wrong turn. The weather alert included Poweshiek Co. it wouldn't matter if it was directly over Brooklyn, you know what I am saying? This all could have occurred on the 19th, after a regular night. There is nothing that indicates that didn't happen except she didn't go to her Mom's for dinner.

She was not considered missing until the 19th. She was last seen on the 18th. Does not mean she could not have been somewhere perfectly normal all night, like at home. She just never had any communication after the night of the 18th. Which could be the reason LE is saying they did not receive any credible communication after that time. What if she made it home, did some homework, sent the snapchat, and went to sleep? Got up the next morning as usual, fed the dogs, locked them downstairs and went to leave. We don't know she never made it back home that night. Just that she was incommunicado from the morning of the 19th on.

The point of my original post was in response to your tornado idea. She was last seen jogging the evening of the 18th. She did not show up for work the next morning(19th). The tornadoes were in the afternoon of the 19th. She went incommunicado at some point during the evening of the 18th. The tornadoes are not a factor.

I think it was someone not from the area, even possibly out of state. I can imagine a serial offender out on the road and coming across MT, jogging on a remote road in the evening. It's likely someone that literally had time to kill, offended before, and knew they could likely get away with it. This is someone that thinks they committed the perfect crime and knew no one was watching. I believe that someone bold enough to snatch a random girl off the road is someone that has offended before and got away with either attempting or completing the crime.

Sierah Joughrin's killer was a guy that first attempted abducting someone on the road and didn't succeed. The motive was a sex crime. Don't look up the story if you don't want to be traumatized.

If someone snatches someone on a remote rural road with no homes and no one watching, doesn't make a huge scene, and is not from the state, how can they be caught? I can imagine it taking awhile.

Last edited:
I’ve lived in Nebraska. Have Family there. They talk about weather *constantly*. Especially my farming family. She’d have known it was going to rain overnight/next day. I think she would have had a plan to get the car that night.

I don't believe MT nor anyone in her immediate family are/were farmers; I wouldn't expect discussion of the weather to occur any more or less often than that of the average non-farming family.

After a little searching, I found there was a tornado warning broadcast that included Poweshiek Co, and the weather forcast on KCCI for that day tracked a line of severe weather going through Grinnell and Guernsey. If she had a weather alert come through on her phone, she may have changed course abruptly. May have taken shelter somewhere not safe. May have accepted a ride to get somewhere faster. Just speculation. I've heard weirder theories here.
She went missing on the 18th. Not sure why the forum is marked 19th.[/QUOT
Do you have a source for LE questioned a clerk at the truck stop who told them that someone had bought all those things?

I'm just thinking leaving the house, weather looks bad, weather alert on the phone, she changes her plan, and there is another potential moment for things to take a wrong turn. The weather alert included Poweshiek Co. it wouldn't matter if it was directly over Brooklyn, you know what I am saying? This all could have occurred on the 19th, after a regular night. There is nothing that indicates that didn't happen except she didn't go to her Mom's for dinner.
As I have stated the rain occurred much later , overnight and into the early morning. There was no weather alert in her area.

I don't believe MT nor anyone in her immediate family are/were farmers; I wouldn't expect discussion of the weather to occur any more or less often than that of the average non-farming family.
Well, there were over 5 tornadoes on the ground there on the 19th, so I am sure there was a lot of conversation about it. JMO

I also sit here and say to myself how in the hell can her father go back home! I have two children and I would do whatever it took to find them. I would pull off anything and everything I could to find them.

He has a new wife, a job, a career, and bills to pay in a place that is not cheep to live and work. Also, San Francisco and Silicon Valley has fantastic resources that he dare not squander in his search to find his daughter. Time to go home and build up a campaign chest that he may need at a later and perhaps more crucial time.

What if he were able to persuade Google to put it's resources behind solving conundrums like finding MT and the rest of the missing. Or if the rest of Silicon Valley were to approach this problem from a hardware perspective; think of the Star Trek-like technology that could come from this!

He'll be back, because he's just gone to "gear up"!

This part perplexes me because it would depend where she was when it started raining. Was she close to Caseys so she stopped there? Was she at home when she realized a storm was coming so she left to go get the car? But then why didnt they come get her? Too many questions for me to have a solid opinion on this. But I do get where youre coming from for sure.

I'd take a serious look at weather related route changes, except, as another posted stated, the tornadoes were the following day. I do, however, worry that those rains worked in the perps favor. Drainage ditches are a real concern for me. So no, we cannot discount the weather IMO.
I would presume that a potential perp would also know the weather report for that evening/night. Perhaps he MADE it work in his favor...and that's why it was a Wednesday. A Wednesday with a prediction of strong storms and seer weather in the close timeframe.

MT came across as someone that enjoyed helping others. If a perpetrator drove up to her, asked her a question, would she have come close to the car? Someone could have pretended to be lost, asked her to come look at the directions he was looking at, and he could have got her that way.

I did it again! My post ended up at the end of confusions post some how! I'm so confused.
Maybe with all of the threads, and traffic things are happening with the posts. I have seen that on other platforms and It seems to happen the longer a thread gets. May be the case here.
Might be helpful to alert Tricia or mods and let them know it is happening so they can open new threads earlier as they had been at 50ish?
Or I am wrong and we have spooks

In my experience, farmers or not, everyone in small town or rural communities in the Midwest are acutely aware of the weather as a regular daily interest.

The only way a local would know the answer to this is if they are in LE or know someone in LE.

They would have to be verified as LE to answer the question. If MSM reports on this subject then it could be posted here.

Otherwise it would be rumor and not allowed.
Yes - I am aware of TOS and what is allowed and not allowed.
What I'm asking is -
there isn't much news on weekends. Not much happening. I am a long way from Brooklyn Iowa. I just wondered if the Feds/State LE go home on the weekend and then hit it fresh on Mon morning, or if they reduce their staff and cover phone calls. This isn't a news type of question - nothing to do with evidence - nothing specific - so shouldn't need to come from MSM. Quite frankly, I'm wondering if I should stop knocking myself out trying to read every post on the weekends considering this is a busy time of year for me. I'm not looking for inside information - - -
But if the question offends you, I apologize.

Well, there is that. She never showed up for dinner, and no one, from what I can tell, thought anything about it. No details are known about what time dinner was served, if the family ate together, or if mom cooked up something, and put whatever was left away, and went to bed, presuming someone would eat it as their schedule allowed. Modern Family, firstly, and no way meant to to incite any kind of judgement. It, IMO, is an interesting clue, but no transparency at all on this point on the dinner routine.

My last post was not meant to have the quotes that it did. Sorry! Sometimes I want to post and will start one, but then change my mind. I meant to post to confusins post #918.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13