Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I keep thinking is that WC has a pretty repititive rap sheet. He put together a heck of a run between 1996-2015. Seems he was a bit overdue to strike again.
  • Improper use of media, curb or acc facility. 2015. Iowa County. Guilty. Fine.
  • Harassment third degree. This 2015 case was dismissed. Iowa County.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order. Guilty. 2014. 2 years probation. Marion County.
  • Another contempt violation of no contact or protective order, but this case in 2014 was dismissed. Marion County.
  • Violation of no contact or protective order. Guilty. 2011. Jasper County. He paid a fine.
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protection order. 2010. Dismissed. Poweshiek County
  • Burglary third degree, dismissed, 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment third degree, dismissed. 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Interference with official acts, 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order was charged but he was adjudicated of harassment first degree 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by communication. 1996. Poweshiek County.
  • Criminal trespass. 1996. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by personal contact. This case was dismissed. 1996. Poweshiek County.

Just curious, what is everyone’s thoughts on the likely hood that they will find out what happened to MT? After a month and based on previous similar cases you have followed on websleuths?
I am going to say that there's a 75% chance that she will be found. Not necessarily as soon as we'd like, and not necessarily soon at all.

I see your point but he does have a new wife that I am sure can handle a lot of these activities on his behalf. As far a job is concerned that come second.
so how long should he stay, then? we hope this is solved soon, but there are missing people that are NEVER found. at some point people have to get back to their life. also, it's possible that whoever is responsible won't lead LE back to Mollie so long as dad/family are hovering. especially if it is someone who Mollie knew and trusted.

I am interested in the how and why of your conclusion in paragraph 2, and LE needing sufficient cause, and perp someone very well known to all?
According to all accounts, Mollie and her brothers had regular long conversations with RT about school, work, life, in her case her upcoming trip to DR, and everyday things. A long conversation with her dad was very common.

I love your question. Thank you.
I can speculate one being ‘used and disposed of’ though it’s morbid and I do not want to offend anyone, or even think that, but if one is strung out for dope, money/drugs become their god and they will do things with a reward in sight without considering the outside consequences leading to such a reward. So, picture the mouse with cheese hanging over his head on a little pole..this is in cartoons and probably seems ridiculous but does he look left or right? If you see where I’m going with this.
O.K., let's run with this theory. How can we get them to come forward to LE?

I think the comments concerning the construction workers may be on the right track. I have strongly suspected the disappearance is somehow related to the fact the bf is away in Dubuque. That's where LE should be investigating heavily. I agree that the case has taken on a new dimention at this point. After nearly five weeks, it appears MT is not going to be released based on the perp's realization that her release (if she hasn't been murdered already) will soften his punishment for the crime. The high pitched public and media interest has served its purpose as much as could be expected. Now it's time for LE to find the perp with good investigative techniques. The public search period is over and the investigation has to go underground from here on.

Not sure if it was Delphi or another case but there were reports on threads that tip lines were not staffed on weekends, after the intial weeks or so. One of those small towns. Jmo

If Mollie decided to go back to her boyfriend's house because of the bad weather (and tornadoes coming the next day) you would THINK she would have called or texted her mom to let her know. Such as, "Hey mom, I changed my mind. There is bad weather coming. I just got an alert on my phone. Maybe I will wait til tomorrow until my brother can come get me and take me to work. I'm headed home now. So don't wait up for me". Just all assumptions UNLESS the storm caused her phone to go in and out. Storms like tornadoes bring in bad rain sometimes the day before (hence the reason it rained the day before). MAYBE the bad weather the day before the tornadoes hit (the day she disappeared) caused her phone to lose communication from the cell towers right when she needed it. I am just guessing on this. I live in an area where there are tornadoes from time to time and bad wind (which can happen the day before) might cause problems. I know with tornadoes (even if they are not happening directly in the town you live in) they can affect the cell signals in other towns (hence Brooklyn and Mollie's cell signal on her phone). JMO.

He has a new wife, a job, a career, and bills to pay in a place that is not cheep to live and work. Also, San Francisco and Silicon Valley has fantastic resources that he dare not squander in his search to find his daughter. Time to go home and build up a campaign chest that he may need at a later and perhaps more crucial time.

What if he were able to persuade Google to put it's resources behind solving conundrums like finding MT and the rest of the missing. Or if the rest of Silicon Valley were to approach this problem from a hardware perspective; think of the Star Trek-like technology that could come from this!

He'll be back, because he's just gone to "gear up"!
A little far fetched. There are thousands of missing people out there. Hers just gets the most attention right now. Similar to the Natalie Holloway case.

I was under the impression the weather issues occurred on the 19th would agree tornadoes would be a topic for discussion before they hit ground.
Agreed. Regardless of whether she disappeared the evening of the 18th or the morning of the 19th... tornados or similar weather could certainly destroy a crime scene or evidence.

I agree. MOO but I think it is someone close, and many will be surprised. Shocked even.

If that is true would that make it more likely the case will be resolved sooner rather than later? I can understand how many believe MT knows her abductor or perhaps left willingly / turned sour.

I don't perceive from what I think is semi-factual evidence points one way or another to a known/unknown perp, but statistically I believe the perp should be known to MT to some degree.

In this case, I believe MT doesn't know her abductor, who I also believe is not a local at this time but may have lived in or quite near to Brooklyn before relocating for employment purposes, and comes to or passes through Brooklyn on a semi-regular or rare basis and is familiar with joggers in the area. MT was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I hope I'm wrong since that scenario leans toward MT not coming home alive, whereas, if the perp is someone known to her and that person acted out of obsessive compulsion there is a chance MT may come home alive and mostly well.

sounds like a nazi experiment. I'd rather consider the tree in the middle of the forest and having not heard it fall. maybe it fell. maybe it didn't. no way to know until we hike to it. we really don't know what happened to Mollie. Maybe someone that knows isn't coming forward because her return wouldn't be safe, and they fear the person who is responsible or the responsible person has something on them.
Your tree analogy is different, but instructive nonetheless. Dr S used an animal in his hypothetical discussion for reasons of illustration. A tree would not have demonstrated the physics principle at hand. No one was harmed and no Nazis were involved. Nor were animals or trees sacrificed for a live experiment. It's just an analogy to make a point. Dr. S was a cat owner in fact.

Just wanted to say thank you! to all of your for the great thinking and great posts over the weekend. We have some new posters on the thread who are offering up some great speculations; and of course ongoing terrific ideas from those of you who have been on this from the beginning. It's helping spur new thinking for me. Back to my profiling board!
Thank you all for the great posts!

sounds like a nazi experiment. I'd rather consider the tree in the middle of the forest and having not heard it fall. maybe it fell. maybe it didn't. no way to know until we hike to it. we really don't know what happened to Mollie. Maybe someone that knows isn't coming forward because her return wouldn't be safe, and they fear the person who is responsible or the responsible person has something on them.

The tree in the forest question is whether is makes a sound when it falls and no one is there to hear it.
The cat question stumps physicists, and really has nothing to do with analysis of missing persons.

I think the comments concerning the construction workers may be on the right track. I have strongly suspected the disappearance is somehow related to the fact the bf is away in Dubuque. That's where LE should be investigating heavily. I agree that the case has taken on a new dimention at this point. After nearly five weeks, it appears MT is not going to be released based on the perp's realization that her release (if she hasn't been murdered already) will soften his punishment for the crime. The high pitched public and media interest has served its purpose as much as could be expected. Now it's time for LE to find the perp with good investigative techniques. The public search period is over and the investigation has to go underground from here on.
First bolded sentence - 100% agree with you. Second bolded sentence - I believe they are very well on their way to an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot