Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if there was even an amber alert for this so called 10 year old missing girl that the cop approached MT about in November.

That is one aspect of this case that I believe has not been thoroughly commented on, maybe not thoroughly researched. I wonder if MT was off by herself in the library or with friends or if anyone else witnessed what MT described.

Either way, it's likely LE has already been (or should have been) down that rabbit hole.

Very same PI who located Lucas Hernandez.
Yes and he has done some podcasts (I will not link to) concerning this case.
I think he was just back from Tennessee on the Joe Clyde Daniels case. :( I do wish he would be invited to come to Iowa to help locate Mollie, but this is all just conjecture right now. A private investigator is often what it takes.
JMO and little Joe Clyde's flyer (presumed dead by parental confession) ;( TBI: Father ‘doesn’t want the public to know what he did to Joe Clyde’, won’t reveal son’s location
19884284_1745572732170650_3969853623941737591_n.jpg

Last edited:
New members could misunderstand your post thinking it's ok to discuss comments left on allowed social media.

I simply made the rules clear so that the thread doesn't get shut down. You can direct people to read the comment just don't discuss those comments here.

WS has incredible admins and mods who do a fantastic job of moderating the threads.

Last edited:
I think this is a very good point. What if the boyfriend mentioned to his coworkers/acquaintances that Mollie was watching the house and that person drove to Brooklyn? Any inadvertent, innocuous conversation could have set someone in motion.
I have felt the same way and wondering on the construction angle since this ties the two.

EDIT TO ADD: I don’t suspect Mollie’s boyfriend or his brother at all. More of possibly a disgruntled/drug addicted former employee, competitor mad over a bid, etc.

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Have really enjoyed all of your insightful thoughts and comments.

First of my many thoughts on Mollie:

Lots has been made on WS of the FBI involvement. Tragically, a few years ago, a high school student of mine interrupted a burglary-in-progress when she arrived home to an empty house after school. The burglar brutally murdered her and took her cell phone. He then used it to taunt her parents. The FBI became involved very quickly and used the cell info to track and arrest him. This was a wealthy Chicago suburb with lots of resources, but local LE likely didn’t have the tech experience to nab him, especially quickly. So, the FBI presence on this case does not strike me as unusual given the cell and Fitbit angles.

Welcome Hanoi2009 !

That is such a tragic and deeply saddening event that happened to your student. I am very sorry to hear about this.

You have great insight concerning the F.B.I. presence. At one of the press conferences, it was mentioned that they have experts in various fields working on the team, especially technical experts.

Thank you for your post and I am so glad you are here.

I suppose it comes down to how much time the perp needed to whisk MT away from the area. Of course, the more time available without causing concern, the better, and MT being alone would certainly entertain for more time.

The question is, would the extra time be necessary? I expect many street abductions occur/have occurred regardless of whether or not there is/was anyone else at the victim's house at the time. It seems not to have mattered to those perps, why would it have to matter to this (if this is a street abduction)?
Assuming Perp is reasonably intelligent, he might have intended to take her from house but timing didn't work. Plan B was to nab her on the street. No housemates at home meant Perp had much much better chance of a clean getaway. Sure, anyone might have called her or shown up at any time, but an empty house is better than a full one for his purposes. Same reason burglars search for vacant houses, and rapists seek women who are alone. It betters the chance of a successful crime.
-AC

One thing I keep thinking is that WC has a pretty repititive rap sheet. He put together a heck of a run between 1996-2015. Seems he was a bit overdue to strike again.
  • Improper use of media, curb or acc facility. 2015. Iowa County. Guilty. Fine.
  • Harassment third degree. This 2015 case was dismissed. Iowa County.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order. Guilty. 2014. 2 years probation. Marion County.
  • Another contempt violation of no contact or protective order, but this case in 2014 was dismissed. Marion County.
  • Violation of no contact or protective order. Guilty. 2011. Jasper County. He paid a fine.
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protection order. 2010. Dismissed. Poweshiek County
  • Burglary third degree, dismissed, 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment third degree, dismissed. 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Interference with official acts, 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order was charged but he was adjudicated of harassment first degree 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by communication. 1996. Poweshiek County.
  • Criminal trespass. 1996. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by personal contact. This case was dismissed. 1996. Poweshiek County.
I think someone knew that about him....which is why he is the perfect scapegoat

You are bringing up a *very* good point AriannaColorado. God forbid this lovely girl has passed on, the Perp may not have had the chance to permanently dispose of the remains. Perhaps she hasn't been found because she is still hidden in a house, a storage unit, etc.
Locals should remain vigilant for people seeming odd and going/coming to remote places with tarps and what not. GREAT
I think it was a 13 yr old that took her/she as with I think.

UPDATE: Missing 12-year-old Iowa girl found; Amber Alert ends
well that clears that up. I originally heard 10. Now I can see why the cop may have mistook her for a 12 year old, especially if they look alike.

I saw one of the graineries had a closing date of August 1st for storing grain. If the grain went in that day, it would have covered up a multitude of sins. JMO. By now they've probably searched them. I am still leaning towards "mean girls" or bullies, and mistakenly taking a ride from said bullies. But if someone needed to hide evidence, grain bin would be a good place.
It would buy some time until the grain is emptied to provide food. Then, would the body come out with the grain, or would it clog it up? I think either way the body would retain whatever evidence it went in with, provided it was an actively used silo.

I just watched a video with some guys theory of the pinned tweet on Mollie's account. I wish he would post here. Anyway I know I can't speak of other sites but I can speak of the spooky and telling "pinned" tweet on MT account. I didn't know what it meant to pin a tweet until today. So basically you go to a past tweet, press the down arrow and pin to your profile page which will bring the tweet to the top. So the theory is that when MT was being abducted she noticed it was the same guy from the library pretending to be a police officer and saying she looked like a missing girl. So she went to the tweet from November where she told people of the weird episode and pinned that tweet so that the first thing anyone saw when they opened her twitter was that tweet. She probably didn't have time to do anything else.
I would think that if Mollie had time to pin a tweet while being abducted, she would have had time to call 911. It's simple on an iPhone and can be done silently if necessary. jmo That incident was a bit premonitional in an eerie sort of way though, I agree.

A program, I watched, last night, showed L.E telling lies to a suspect, who they thought committed the murder, of a young girl.
It was terrific to watch.
After 8 years, the Creep admitted he killed the girl, due to the smart actions and lies of L.E.

Similarly, L.E target a suspect, with terrific porkies, pretending to befriend them (under cover etc), and the Creeps fall for it, and disclose everything.
These Creeps, I hope all get caught as not as bright as the 'boys in blue', and their superb tactics.
So what we hear, may be great tactics: Police have their plan.:):):)

This sound like the controversial "Mr Big" technique, out of Canada originally. It's not legally kosher in the US. It was allowed/used in the Rafay family murder case; many feel unjustly:

Mr. Big (police procedure) - Wikipedia

A program, I watched, last night, showed L.E telling lies to a suspect, who they thought committed the murder, of a young girl.
It was terrific to watch.
After 8 years, the Creep admitted he killed the girl, due to the smart actions and lies of L.E.

Similarly, L.E target a suspect, with terrific porkies, pretending to befriend them (under cover etc), and the Creeps fall for it, and disclose everything.
These Creeps, I hope all get caught as not as bright as the 'boys in blue', and their superb tactics.
So what we hear, may be great tactics: Police have their plan.:):):)

To my knowledge, LE is allowed to mislead / lie to potential suspects, but NOT to the public (depending on jurisdictions) IMO.

I just watched a video with some guys theory of the pinned tweet on Mollie's account. I wish he would post here. Anyway I know I can't speak of other sites but I can speak of the spooky and telling "pinned" tweet on MT account. I didn't know what it meant to pin a tweet until today. So basically you go to a past tweet, press the down arrow and pin to your profile page which will bring the tweet to the top. So the theory is that when MT was being abducted she noticed it was the same guy from the library pretending to be a police officer and saying she looked like a missing girl. So she went to the tweet from November where she told people of the weird episode and pinned that tweet so that the first thing anyone saw when they opened her twitter was that tweet. She probably didn't have time to do anything else.
it certainly seems ironic that this specific tweet was pinned.

I would think that if Mollie had time to pin a tweet while being abducted, she would have had time to call 911. It's simple on an iPhone and can be done silently if necessary. jmo That incident was a bit premonitional in an eerie sort of way though, I agree.
Maybe so but why was that tweet pinned to the top of her twitter page.

sorry, that was a mistake.i still can't figure out how to delete.

well that clears that up. I originally heard 10. Now I can see why the cop may have mistook her for a 12 year old, especially if they look alike.
That is one aspect of this case that I believe has not been thoroughly commented on, maybe not thoroughly researched. I wonder if MT was off by herself in the library or with friends or if anyone else witnessed what MT described.

Either way, it's likely LE has already been (or should have been) down that rabbit hole.
actually there was quite alot of discussion about this many threads ago. You could probably find it if you do a search, but there was not much of any relevance (at least that we know of) to the case. But you just never know.

A traveling serial killer would've also likely turned onto I-80 from 200th rather than continue on south. That's why I feel that whomever did it, serial killer or no, is relatively local.

JMO.

Or a trucker very familiar with the highways. I have an uncle that basically has a map of the
O.K., let's run with this theory. How can we get them to come forward to LE?
honestly I don’t know. I think my theory is garbage

It would buy some time until the grain is emptied to provide food. Then, would the body come out with the grain, or would it clog it up? I think either way the body would retain whatever evidence it went in with, provided it was an actively used silo.

The grain/corn, would actually preserve the body through dehydration if the grain was dried properly and calcium silicate added to keep it from clumping together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader