Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 20, I was proud of my body because I worked out and had no issue walking around in a sports bra and shorts. I don't see what she chose to wear while jogging (in HOT Iowa July) having any relevance to her disappearance, tbh. It might be a generation gap. I understand previous generations would not have done that, and that young women (myself included) do not see ourselves as "sex objects" based on what we dress. My BF thinks I'm trying to seduce him when I wear an outfit that's revealing, when sometimes I'm just really really hot and want to be in minimal clothing.

I think people are analyzing her outfit choices wayyyy too much. Let's not victim blame. If someone hurt her, that's on them, not Mollie. Plenty of girls wear sports bras and shorts every day in public, and nothing happened to them nor were they asking for it.

Quick question. I looked but couldn’t find it. Is this construction company owned by her bf Family or do the brothers just work at same company? Apologies if this has already been posted... thread moving quickly .;)

"AND IOWA State Official - not FBI - on camera telling media that they have called more folks in to stamp down rumours. URGH." veracity

I just plucked this bolded quote out upon returning to WS this afternoon but there are so many great points in the post. This was the first new post I read and the whole frustrating dialog is very close to how many of us feel I am sure. I am not interested or feeling anxiety because I have a need to know but because I am concerned for Mollies loved ones who are actually suffering in real life! No mother or father is going to go on national television and do an interview pouring out their hearts in the belief that their child is alive "just to support LE/FBI narrative" to catch a criminal or secure a conviction. This family in interviews truly acts and believes from what it sounds like they have been told from LE (along with the community) they feel Mollie is and could be alive!
Have a press conference please! This has been the most unusual case I have followed especially concerning the FBI being brought in! All I can surmise is that they DO believe Mollie is alive and the FBI has a profiler directing the flow of information for the safety of Mollie!
Veracity, I am frustrated too for the whole community of Brooklyn, and the young people who know and love Mollie. I'm holding out hope until I am convinced otherwise. Come home Mollie~

We may not have the exact address or Global coordinates but we sure have the town - she was last seen in Brooklyn IA, right? POPULATION 1500 - it has been 12 days! That is close to the number of folks in my HIGH SCHOOL graduating class! I am growing a bit testy about how LE/FBI is handling this case. Did they invite the FBI in but restricted what they could do?

Not a soul places her outside Brooklyn right? She vanished after 5something PM and whenever she was to report to work the next day right? That is the window of time we have.

So anyone, moving about or through Brooklyn IA may be a witness who can help the police.

I detest these sort of posts - sorry - I fully appreciate LE is working along and they can't disclose some details to the public. What I don't understand where this case goes is how the family apparently has been by LE they are waiting for a tip. Both the father and mother have now appeared on camera - and God forgive there is a crime here- their statements almost would lend a sense of relief to an evil soul, wouldn't it?

AND IOWA State Official - not FBI - on camera telling media that they have called more folks in to stamp down rumours. URGH.

This case is just being handled in an odd way to me. Why hasn't there been a press conference with all of the LE agencies standing there shoulder to shoulder with the biggest and baddest in great camera stance sending a strong, loud message they are coming for Mollie - and anyone who has information needs to be finding police before police find them instead!

I keep thinking about the truck stop right between the town and the pig farm...

I keep thinking about her black sports bra and dark shorts, long dark hair either in a ponytail or hanging free -

we don't know yet do we.

Are the people of Brooklyn IA afraid of something?

I apologize for my rant. I just truly hoped when I got home from the gym today there would be real news. OR the FBI would have assumed the lead and there would be something like a graphic with her possible routes, a time line, and most importantly a shredding of all of the rumors to help the public stay on the right page closing with phone numbers to the FEDs directly with tips.

I have a question - these corn fields are hundreds of acres out there right? Are the pig farms that large too?

What drives the economy of that tiny town? And how connected is Brooklyn when it comes to State?

This may be a bit off topic - but with all of the reports and investigations about the leadership and top tier of the FBI I should would appreciate the men in that agency out in IA doing what we know they can do and track down a 20 yr old girl in a town of 1500!

I think people are over analyzing her social media, pictures, etc. From what I gathered, I see nothing out of the ordinary.

Pictures with her in her underwear, showing cleavage, etc. is in the norm with the youth today. I would say her pictures are rather modest compared to most I've seen. As long as she's not revealing her private areas, there's nothing wrong.

I am 26 and girls/guys have been doing this since I was in high school. Guys take pics with just their boxers on; sometimes they take a pic with their butt mooning the camera. Nobody bats an eye but girls in bra/underwear or bikini is just too much.

If theres one thing to know about social media, take it all with a grain of salt. I cannot tell you how many times I've come across people who are nothing like they are in social media. Everything gets blown out of proportion. A quote here a quote there doesn't define a person.
Don't you think this is about perception? It doesn't matter what we think, or even society's norm - it's how the attacker would view it (if it were someone that has stalked/watched her). If you would take a poll on here you're probably get 100 different opinions on where the lines of modesty should be drawn. The real question is could someone view pics like that as an invitation? Definitely. They'd be wrong, but there are sick people in this world.

I deleted part of my original post for brevity. The Washington Post article I share was published today.

I'm not able to view the article. ? I've cleared my cache and was able to scroll down to where I see a video, which looks like the one from ABC this morning. Can you link to the specific article?

"AND IOWA State Official - not FBI - on camera telling media that they have called more folks in to stamp down rumours. URGH." veracity

I just plucked this bolded quote out upon returning to WS this afternoon but there are so many great points in the post. This was the first new post I read and the whole frustrating dialog is very close to how many of us feel I am sure. I am not interested or feeling anxiety because I have a need to know but because I am concerned for Mollies loved ones who are actually suffering in real life! No mother or father is going to go on national television and do an interview pouring out their hearts in the belief that their child is alive "just to support LE/FBI narrative" to catch a criminal or secure a conviction. This family in interviews truly acts and believes from what it sounds like they have been told from LE (along with the community) they feel Mollie is and could be alive!
Have a press conference please! This has been the most unusual case I have followed especially concerning the FBI being brought in! All I can surmise is that they DO believe Mollie is alive and the FBI has a profiler directing the flow of information for the safety of Mollie!
Veracity, I am frustrated too for the whole community of Brooklyn, and the young people who know and love Mollie. I'm holding out hope until I am convinced otherwise. Come home Mollie~
But don't you remember the parents that sat next to their daughters killer recently doing just that!?!? The daughter was a teacher and pregnant.

they have no evidence either way

I hope this is the case. Unfortunately this forum is filled with cases that went cold almost immediately and remain unsolved for years so I think that makes everyone a little pessimistic in situations like this. We all want to see this solved and have Mollie return home.

I think the fact that they've been able to reconstruct her day through the fitbit and cell records is huge.

Most of the time I feel optimistic, and think that they aren't releasing information because they have a suspect and everything's under control.

The rest of the time, I think of cases where LE asked people for help long after a case had grown cold, and released information that might have inspired useful tips--if only they'd released it a year or two earlier!

Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque
SBM
He said the post indicates that a man began running alongside the woman, asked her questions and offered her flowers. The man then tried “taking her away,” according to the post, at which point the woman punched and kicked the assailant and freed herself.
Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque
This specific News Article is locked/paywall but from Twitter it appears this occurred on Sunday, on Grandview Ave. Really strange that if there's a perp at large that Telegraph Herald charging $1 to read about it.... Don't see any other news outlet reporting about it either

I also dont think the fbi is in contact with the fbi unless they need questions answered.

Don't you think this is about perception? It doesn't matter what we think, or even society's norm - it's how the attacker would view it (if it were someone that has stalked/watched her). If you would take a poll on here you're probably get 100 different opinions on where the lines of modesty should be drawn. The real question is could someone view pics like that as an invitation? Definitely. They'd be wrong, but there are sick people in this world.
No I do not. It’s an extremely far fetched reach. I’m not saying this to negate or be rude.
Think simple... don’t try to over analyze something that at very least 50% of girls her age would post.

I read here that Mollie and her brother shared a vehicle, and that he dropped her off to house sit. Wouldn't it make sense that Mollie and her brother made arrangements to connect on July 19 to arrange for her to get to work using their shared vehicle? Even if another person was scheduled to pick her up, does that make any difference to her disappearance? Wouldn't it make sense that her brother and any other person who was scheduled to pick her up would have been cleared by now?

I think it could make a difference to her disappearance if the person picking her up was possibly the last known person to see her. It is my understanding her brother was not taking her that day and it was unclear who did plan to take her. Her brother texted about arranging a ride home at 7:30 and never heard back. Her brother has been cleared. JMO.

Jmo but LE goes on the assumption that a person is alive when there is no crime scene, suicide note or body, or any known threat specific to him or her. Which to be honest, is usually true in majority of MP cases.

Hi all, I'm new here. I actually found WS while searching on twitter for updates on the case and have been following along since the start. This case has really affected me and I can't stop refreshing for updates. I am praying everyday that Mollie makes it back home. For some reason I just can't shake the feeling that she is still alive.

To me it has always made the most sense that something happened to her while on the run based on the missing fitbit and phone but wallet and glasses etc. being at home. I am an avid runner as well and I will always have my fitbit on and my phone in an armband but everything else stays at home. I can be overly paranoid but thinking about running in a rural area like that gives me chills. I grew up in a similar environment but currently live in a major urban centre. When I go back home to visit I refuse to go running there as I feel there is so much more opportunity for something to happen simply based on the lack of witnesses.

I truly hope that something major happens soon and Mollie's family is given closure. Ideally she comes home safe and sound. I am really worried that this will end up similar to the Lauren Spierer case where if I am correct there has still never been any answers.
Welcome to Websleuths!!!!

I think it could make a difference to her disappearance if the person picking her up was possibly the last known person to see her. It is my understanding her brother was not taking her that day and it was unclear who did plan to take her. Her brother texted about arranging a ride home at 7:30 and never heard back. Her brother has been cleared. JMO.

Me too. Really wonder why this ride is not being addressed. That person should have reported her missing , seemingly.

It is never really a point if view of what the victim wears. It really dont matter if she was naked or fully clothed. The person responsible most likely dont care. Whomever outside of a secret admirer most likely dont care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest