DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie's dad was interviewed on Fox tonight. He stated that they do NOT know if Mollie returned home after running. They have no facts. They weren't told this by LE. They can only speculate.

<modsnipped- not victim friendly>
I pray that LE releases a timeline, which I'm sure they have. I'm literally stunned that they have not done so thusfar.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she was logged into a Learning Management System, administrators can see the IP address, but I'm not familiar with identifying the type of device used to login. Depending on the LMS, it's typically possible to see which course elements she accessed and the total time that she spent accessing the course. Anyone know which LMS is used at the university she attended? I'm familiar with admin end for several LMSs.

It’s difficult to know what system was used, as there is the possibilty that Mollie was taking a summer course somewhere else than through UIowa. There are community colleges throughout the state (both online and f2f); in addition Grinnell College may have had some summer courses. If this was for general credits, it may have been a national online course also. There is a high probability that it was a UIowa course, but only a high probability and not a certainty.

No, I did not say that Canvas does not have the same data analytics as D2L. I described what is possible with a paid Learning Management System. Canvas would collect IP and time usage, as well as how many tries to get the password right, and lots of other data.
Thank you for clarifying. I misunderstood. My apologies!

I think when she says "this snapchat photo" she is just referring to the photo they keep referencing...not the photo in the video. Snapchat pictures are usually of something random in a room or a selfie...I, and none of my friends, really ever have someone else take a Snapchat photo of themselves to send to someone. I think it just so happened to show a pic at the time she said that...otherwise, I think she would have went into more detail about the actual picture on the screen...instead of just saying "it looked like she was indoors".
I’m not sure many people here have a good understanding of snapchat, myself included. Could you post more about how it’s used? I know my kids have ‘streaks’ with friends , and I’ll see them taking random photos, making faces and taking odd angles. And I know there are some filters or overlays, like dog faces or halos, that some people use. Is there usually a message accompanying the SC, or is it typically just a photo? And then do people respond with comments, like on Instagram?

OK here is the link for Mollie on the IOWA Missing Person Clearinghouse (anyone hate that title too?) She is listed as "other adult missing"
Missing Persons

The press conference announcement had a report attached - It is called

IOWA MISSING PERSONS FY2018 ANNUAL REPORT

Anyone wonder why they are publishing missing person report for the year NOW before July is even over? Does the state of Iowa use June to May instead of January to December?

Leaves me to wonder if their annual numbers are skewed in ViCap?

Also, the report is interesting or is the better word telling?

The report doesn't provide a starting date - so have 5844 juveniles went missing, 1185 adults went missing.
The report is full of holes and difficult to understand because of the holes but it is clear more people are going missing in IOWA! The report uses two different labels for the same thing I think - "R" is used for Adults and "Unspecified" is used for Juveniles.

Again, Mollie is classified as "other adult missing" -
That is not included in this report?

OH what to make of this report...
Notice of Press Conference

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/pib/Releases/2018/07-30-2018_DPS_IAMPFY2018AnnualReport.pdf

Interested in others' take of that report.

The Iowa fiscal year runs from July 1 to the following June 30; shortened to read FY2018.

That doesn't mean SHE accessed any of that though. It would tell you someone using her computer/phone/tablet accessed it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was Mollie.

With D2L, there is no "remember password". The student has to log in each time with the correct password. I wonder if Canvas is the same. That is, does Canvas remember user name - I think it might, not 100% sure.

OT sorry but i have always just gone to “first unread” post in a thread I am following, has worked for me all these years. Though WS is barely working for me these past few days, a struggle to read all the posts.

Unless she had her passwords saved or next to the computer, how would anyone know to access her course and even if they did attempt it, how would they know her password? Again, we are talking about a perp who seemingly didn’t know enough to take off her Fitbit and leave her phone behind. Doesn’t seem like a very sophisticated perp who would think to “fake” MT doing homework
After the statement from her father tonight, it doesn't sound confirmed she was doing homework, so I won't make the assumption that's specifically what was being done on the computer.
Also, many people store their passwords, so they don't have to enter them multiple times. Especially to sites that they aren't concerned with someone stealing data from, or if they're the only user of the computer.

Unless she had her passwords saved or next to the computer, how would anyone know to access her course and even if they did attempt it, how would they know her password? Again, we are talking about a perp who seemingly didn’t know enough to take off her Fitbit and leave her phone behind. Doesn’t seem like a very sophisticated perp who would think to “fake” MT doing homework

What reason do we have to think the perp didn't know enough to disable Fitbit and phone? Even if they were disabled instantly, LE would still get valuable information--the time and place of the attack.

So that means
Yes, looking up Iowa DCI fiscal year they post reports on July 1 in many years so I think you’ve got the dates right.

So Mollie will be included in 2019's report. And this report shows of the 5844 juveniles only 67 were identified as to why they went missing - all the rest are undetermined!

And when it comes to adults of the 1844 adults almost half of them were undetermined.

The known determination by IA LE are: LOST, FAMILIAR KIDNAPPING,INVOLUNTARY, ENDANGERED, or DISABILITY.

Where would trafficked people go?
Surely they would belong on this report right? They didn't ask to be trafficked? Or am I missing something?

Also what does this tell us about the success rate of IOWA's LE in solving missing person cases?

Can we draw any conclusion? I am not sure -

My head tells me there is insufficient data.

Another thing missing in this report are the number of people FOUND, isn't it?

I am not sure what to make of this report, clearly it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy!

One other reason the FBI was called in almost immediately is that this is an active kidnapping case. And the perp has contacted someone (maybe early on.) That's why there are vague comments about holding hope she's alive, and not wanting to negatively impact the investigation by disclosing pertinent facts. Law enforcement may very well be in some kind of communication with the criminal and obviously that is a dangerous, volatile situation. Prayers for Molly and her family.
Do you have a link to this information? This is the first I have heard of any of this.

Mollie's dad was interviewed on Fox tonight. He stated that they do NOT know if Mollie returned home after running. They have no facts. They weren't told this by LE. They can only speculate.

Can we now STOP running off the rails about her returning home, working on computer, what does University use, etc. etc.
The brother Jake is the ONLY one that said this and he's been discredited now by LE and his own father. IDK why he said it.
If the PC says tomorrow that she made it back home and that somebody logged onto the University sight, or was doing homework, then we can go to town on that info. It's exhausting seeing 100's of posts regarding something her brother said that has not been verified and completely contradicted by Mollies father.
I pray that LE releases a timeline, which I'm sure they have. I'm literally stunned that they have not done so thusfar.

Without more information, we seem to be at a standstill. I guess I don't see the bother or harm in hypothesizing how her actions may have been tracked electronically.

LE has referenced being clear about the timeline but not releasing it so as to not interfere with the investigation. I don't expect that to change anytime soon. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98