Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if anyone changed their minds after the press conference about what they think happened to Mollie. Did you add any possibilities to your list? Strike out an idea? Become more convinced of your top idea?
No, but without validation on anything its difficult to know which path from the road your on.

I agree Human, no peace.
How awful for this whole community. The stress of this has got to have people at each others throat's.
Which brings up the fact that thee must be some real paranoia for those young people, the towns folk, and their families. Such a small community and everyone knows everyone.
It would be very difficult to not be suspicious of everyone. Your neighbor, friend, the grocer, the mechanic. Not knowing anything more after two weeks could literally be driving people to the edge. hmmm (LE/FBI plan to make someone crack?)

jmo

Boyfriends brother canceled wedding.

“Blake Jack says the cancelled wedding plans are nothing compared to what the town is going through. ”

I'm kinda thrown off by the wording here. I would have thought he would have said; compared to what Mollie must be going through. But who knows people word things funny sometimes when they have a mic stuck in their face. Am in no way suggesting he had anything to do with mollie missing, just struck me as a little odd. MOO
Mollie IS part of the town.

I'm curious if anyone changed their minds after the press conference about what they think happened to Mollie. Did you add any possibilities to your list? Strike out an idea? Become more convinced of your top idea?

Great questions. Looking forward to responses.
1. Added slight possibility of suicide or voluntary disappearance.
2. Became more convinced, though, that LE has a POI and that it is likely someone known or close to her.

I don’t have a strong working theory other than a few things I think are unlikely, but I will say it made me feel even more strongly that LE has a ton of info and are working it in a strategic way.

Totally confused whether there were two neighbors or not.
But also confused as to why I've read both black sports bra and, the latest, pink sports bra. What changed and who said what?
And did either or both neighbors see M when she was leaving the house to go running ? or when she was coming back ? What,or who else did they see ?

Totally confused whether there were two neighbors or not.
But also confused as to why I've read both black sports bra and, the latest, pink sports bra. What changed and who said what?

Nobody has - to my knowledge - ever said it was a pink sports bra.

Someone in this thread called it that, but news reports have only said - at first - a black sports bra, but then later revised that to say a pink sports top. They did not say 'pink sports bra'.

At least that's all I've seen.

Mollie IS part of the town.

This is the problem with analyzing what people say. Sometimes it feels like we're picking over words like we're in some high-school English class. This isn't Shakespeare where every word is carefully chosen, it's an interview with someone who may have lost someone they're close to.

A “cause to pause” - I’m perplexed. I have no image in my mind as to how this will eventually unfold. It seems to be a unique case as strategically and publicly reported. So much media attention, so many respected involved LE agencies, such a low reward...

I'm sorry...but this thread is moving so fast I can't keep up. :oops:
Could someone please tell me why they are having another news conference on Friday?
LE is scheduling press conferences every few days and asked reporters not to contact them except at the press conferences so investigators can spend their time on the actual investigation.

Wasn't it said earlier on that Mollie had a couple of people that she got rides from to work in the morning? I seem to think that was mentioned before. Could she have been talking to someone she works with and they planned on picking her up. I wonder if there were any males that worked with her at the day care or maybe a friend that said they were going that way in the morning and would give her a ride. I still think she went missing in the morning and either had taken the dogs out already and was ready for work but hadn't put in her contacts for work. They've said she was up doing homework and know that she got home from her run. They said they think they have a solid timeline but they've never ever mentioned anything about anything regarding the A.M. information and I'm sure they have it from the fitbit. That thing even calculates sleep so they could find out when she went to sleep and when she actually woke up.

With the “getting to know Mollie” comment, I am leaning toward her being involved with someone or something that her friends and family were unaware of.

Yes, this!

The wording he used about “getting to know Mollie” was very peculiar, as if revealing there is a facet to her life that friends/family couldn’t fill LE in on.

I am NOT blaming Mollie at all...I am from Nebraska and attended classes in small town Kearney so I know what it’s like to be 20 something and feel invincible in a small country town....but I hope and pray this wasn’t some kind of “deal gone wrong.”

At first I was leaning toward stranger abduction (car/truck/van pulled over and snatched her while jogging), then I started thinking someone on the peripher (admirer/stalker from the electric company next door or the medical center)....

But now I’m wondering if she might have made a poor choice dabbling in something that got her in deep water. I so hope I’m wrong and that LE either rescues or recovers her. Prayers for her family!

Last edited:
Nobody has - to my knowledge - ever said it was a pink sports bra.

Someone in this thread called it that, but news reports have only said - at first - a black sports bra, but then later revised that to say a pink sports top. They did not say 'sports bra'.

At least that's all I've seen.
I noticed the “top” wording, too. One of the neighbors I’m thinking of was an early social media comment on the police Facebook post with the missing person info. So total speculation and maybe inaccurate. I did think it was interesting that it later came up in MSM but again, shoddy reporting so who knows.

MOO. The press conference obviously was not called to provide any information. It was not tinged with a dramatic family appeal to elicit information. Instead, LE glad handed themselves on their interviewing skills and professional collegiality. It was comforting to learn that the agents are receiving bountiful trays of donated food. I got no sense of urgency at all. To each his own.

With the “getting to know Mollie” comment, I am leaning toward her being involved with someone or something that her friends and family were unaware of.
Yeah I'm sure with LE looking into her many social media contacts they probably found a lot that her friends and family were unaware of, with different type of backgrounds and crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member