Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, interesting... Someone from o/o/town who needed something that couldn't wait until the next day? Or totally irrevalent?
I haven't read details of the vandalism, but it could be something as simple as graffiti or broken windows. There is no mention of a burglary, as far as I have read. Its very unlikely to be connected IMO.

Initially, I felt that LE was tight lipped with pertinent information because they couldn’t establish if a crime actually occurred. If they couldn’t determine a crime happened, they have an obligation to respect a citizens right to privacy. However, I would have to assume and speculate a lot about Mollie’s mental state the weeks leading up to her disappearance to think she voluntarily left.

There is another reason LE can’t release much of anything. When a violent crime or abduction happens LE routinely withholds key information from the public. With luck and hard work you will end up with a POI or multiple POI hopefully leading to a suspect. While interviewing a suspect, investigators are listening for the suspect to divulge info only known to LE and the assailant. Now, in Mollie’s case, there may have been so little evidence that if LE released anything, they would have nothing to withhold for future interviews.

LE’s solid timeline may be the only evidence of a crime. Scary

A bartender in Brooklyn, Jamie Manatt, recalled how it was especially “quiet” the night Tibbetts was last seen. She said the FBI later came to her home and questioned whether there were any “unusual” people in the bar that night.

“Usually when people come from out of state, this is where they stop,” Manatt said. “But there were no out-of-town people here in this bar that night.”

Manatt said she left the bar at around midnight that night and noticed that the True Value hardware store nearby had been vandalized. She said she alerted a deputy who then canvassed the area for the vandal but “it was very quiet. Not many people were out.” BBM

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store.

Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

Reading this account caused a chill to run down my back. Such an eerie feeling reading about the "especially quiet night." I STAND WITH MOLLIE

Just did a simple google map from house sit to Casey's and its only .7 mile and a quick jog. Wonder if this is where she went to get something to eat while on computer?
I'm sorry I can't find the link. What time was this vandalized?
Google Maps

By the way, Casey’s General Store and the hardware store that I referred to earlier are different places. The hardware store is a True Value. Casey’s, if you’re not familiar with it, is a regional chain of well stocked gas stations. This might be known to many, but I thought I read some confusion.
They are popular convenience stores and in a town that size.. everyone probably goes there all the time.

Initially, I felt that LE was tight lipped with pertinent information because they couldn’t establish if a crime actually occurred. If they couldn’t determine a crime happened, they have an obligation to respect a citizens right to privacy. However, I would have to assume and speculate a lot about Mollie’s mental state the weeks leading up to her disappearance to think she voluntarily left.

There is another reason LE can’t release much of anything. When a violent crime or abduction happens LE routinely withholds key information from the public. With luck and hard work you will end up with a POI or multiple POI hopefully leading to a suspect. While interviewing a suspect, investigators are listening for the suspect to divulge info only known to LE and the assailant. Now, in Mollie’s case, there may have been so little evidence that if LE released anything, they would have nothing to withhold for future interviews.

LE’s solid timeline may be the only evidence of a crime. Scary

They may have taken his phone because they didn’t interview him down at the police station. Other people who were interviewed at the station, may have had their phones downloaded while they were there, so authorities didn’t have to keep their phones overnight.

Good point, it says they interviewed him off his property but that could mean anything.

This must mean they have a pretty good idea of where she was from her cell pings and were trying to see if his phone was in the same place, right?

Good point, it says they interviewed him off his property but that could mean anything.

This must mean they have a pretty good idea of where she was from her cell pings and were trying to see if his phone was in the same place, right?
I missed the "off his property" part so I could be wrong there. There are a couple possibilities. One is that pings showed her phone as being on or near his property. Or they obtained information via other sources that the property had evidentiary value. But they would also want to know where his phone was located also. Just a lot we don't know.

Are Casey's General Store and True Value 2 different stores? Or is it Casey's True Value?
If 2 different stores, then True Value got vandalized that night and LE is looking at video surveillance from Casey's right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dibbledabble