IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean he wasn't hangin with a gang out of Des Moines or Iowa City. Other Latino gangs have used machetes, not just MS-13.

Good point to consider....
Wonder if this crime was a form of 'initiation' ?

CR's attorney was on Fox News. He's seriously setting CR up for an ineffective assistance of counsel appeal. When your client is the most hated person in America right now, you don't extend media coverage of your case while simultaneously trying to exclude the media from actual public record court proceedings. I defended bankers during the financial crisis, this is one thing I know really well. When everyone hates your client, you keep your mouth shut.

At this point I hope an experienced lawyer steps up if only to protect the integrity of the trial.

I seriously doubt he will be uncovered as a serial killer...this was a rage crime, imo. Most serial killers don’t prowl their own neighborhoods, for one, and the way it seems to have happened appears to be a rage-driven sex (probably) crime...sadly,not uncommon.

She was smart, but we shouldn't idealize her, and even if we were a close family member, we don't know how she would have reacted. People can do strange things, under stress. Or maybe her music was on loud, and she never noticed him.

We shouldn’t Idealize her? I think you could’ve gone without saying that. MOO

It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?

Were the defendant’s parents at the preliminary hearing?

Someone posted earlier about an unsolved murder of a woman and her daughter where the car they were looking for was a black impala. Does anyone remember? What's that case?

I am horrified to hear that Mollie was stabbed to death. snipped

"Obviously stabbing is very upclose and personal and indicative of super rage."

I am behind, didn't know she had been stabbed. I am with you on this. I am surprised about this but I guess we should be, I think it was obvious he was enraged by his own confession of "blacking out".

" As for CR just snapping and this being his first time, I doubt it. The level of brazenness, aggression..."

I don't think it is either.

“4 to 7 years in the area....”. Again, I’m interested in other unsolved cases (as we were even before Mollie was found). Who knows if CR’s DNA might match any other cold cases.

Clearly worth looking into.

"So he’s got at least 7 plus years POTENTIALLY of active predatorial time under his belt, imo.

I'm going to venture a guess that he has assaulted females before not necessarily killing them. This could very well be the first time for that.

I do believe he very well could be a serial rapist though. According to a local who had interaction with him (flirting and attempting to get his interest) she witnessed one possible incident of him "making his move" and another girl's older sister said he approached her as well. So that is three separate incidents prior to Mollie. This is not new behavior on his part.

His behavior would be easy enough to keep under wraps given his illegal status and living conditions with other migrants who may very well share the same status. If one is illegal they are vulnerable to be founded out and so are their victims. With the described "revolving door" of different migrants coming and going it is a very easy scenario to imagine this occuring in. A victim and her family may be less likely to report such a crime for fear of being kicked out of the country. So what can they do? Kill him for it? That just brings closer scrutiny to the community itself and them in particular. No, they would just move on to somewhere new. When we consider this it could very well have happened many times over during those 7 years.

Do you think they really have a more accurate timeline considering the surveillance video is potentionally time stamped? I suppose this depends on what kind of surveillance device it is depends on the accuracy.

They've mentioned the word digital footprint multiple times I am not sure what that consists of and what it doesn't. I dunno if they were able to track down her phone via GPS (do they have the phone at this point?), the GPS on the fitbit? etc. I would think if they can access those it would at least show where she was at each time period.

Does the video actually show any of the scuffle ? Or just CR approaching Mollie?

CR's attorney was on Fox News. He's seriously setting CR up for an ineffective assistance of counsel appeal. When your client is the most hated person in America right now, you don't extend media coverage of your case while simultaneously trying to exclude the media from actual public record court proceedings. I defended bankers during the financial crisis, this is one thing I know really well. When everyone hates your client, you keep your mouth shut.

At this point I hope an experienced lawyer steps up if only to protect the integrity of the trial.

He also is the one who asked for a gag order.

I know someone may have answered this but I have lots of reading to catch up on....so please if anyone can answer....

Where is he getting the money for a private attorney in such a high profile case? I am just wondering.....I am an average person and I could not come up with the money.

Mods please delete if need be......

This has not been released publicly but for an actual murder trial he would need an approved attorney with murder one experience. One might take the case for publicity and rights alone. I hope it comes down to a federal case first really to spare the family. After all the charges are added it would be wise to consider his options. He had quite a few assault weapons and being tied to a Homeland Security charge might get priority.

I just got done watching the video of him....

SMH

Anti Social Personality Disorder. It falls under the category of Personality Disorders. Despite what others have said, people are not born with it It is a combination of genetic predisposal and environmental factors. The Personality Disorders are hardest to cure.

Sorry, but people are absolutely born with it. Conclusive studies are well know. Strong genetic component. Made worse by abuse.

The explanation I heard from one of the networks, was that because they were in court, and in a public setting, it was standard practice to use their images.
Sure, but yearbook photos from when she was in highschool, cheerleading photos, etc. There are just so many. It's weird and actually has nothing to do with the case. Current photo from court, etc, I understand.

jmo

This fear, shame etc may all be an act.
They have their motives, for the way they wish to be seen, I would think.
Look at East End Killer: immediately after his arrest, he is acting like a frail old man, yet the afternoon of his arrest, he was building a table, and had recently been riding his bike, very fast!!!
I’m trying to think of a police interview or courtroom situation I’ve seen where the perp showed fear or shame and I honestly can’t bring any to mind. I’ve seen a lot of “woah is me” and shocked type looks fakery. IDK just the feelings I got regarding the arraignment of CR.

This has not been released publicly but for an actual murder trial he would need an approved attorney with murder one experience. One might take the case for publicity and rights alone. I hope it comes down to a federal case first really to spare the family. After all the charges are added it would be wise to consider his options. He had quite a few assault weapons and being tied to a Homeland Security charge might get priority.
I haven’t heard anything about guns being recovered.
Regardless, the murder charge has been brought by the state, and I’m not sure if there are any serious federal charges here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper