IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no evidence that he was. You appear to be talking about MS13, a gang that frequently uses machetes to attack and murder rivals. This crime is in no way indicative of something like that.
Just because we haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean he wasn't hangin with a gang out of Des Moines or Iowa City. Other Latino gangs have used machetes, not just MS-13.

I was wondering what CR’s daughter’s birthday is. There’s a really creep out pic of CR, gf & newborn in front of tall mature corn. It’s the only pic of the 3 of them I’ve seen. The pic is surreal given what has transpired.
Ugh that makes me sick. I feel bad for his daughter who will someday grow up to know what her father has done.

I wish they'd quit posting pictures of the gf and baby. They are victims in this case. Not nice to keep posting their photos and exploiting their images, imo.

jmo
The explanation I heard from one of the networks, was that because they were in court, and in a public setting, it was standard practice to use their images.

Just found out my city is doing a 5K run this weekend in honor of Mollie. Obviously nothing will bring her back, but I thought the idea was nice since she loved running so much. I think I will attend.
Oh my gosh! I would love if my city did something like that! I just posted that I would like to run a half in her honor!

Yes! This! I saw fear and a lot of shame. To me all the shame is about being a disgrace to his family for this crime, being what I believe was rape and murder. JMO
I'm thinking he might be feeling shame for the danger he put his co-workers in. If they are also here illegally, they are definitely in fear right now. He brought attention to all of them. If he cares about any of them, he might feel shame about that, even if he isn't feel shame about the crime he is charge with.

jmo

Yes! This! I saw fear and a lot of shame. To me all the shame is about being a disgrace to his family for this crime, being what I believe was rape and murder. JMO

This fear, shame etc may all be an act.
They have their motives, for the way they wish to be seen, I would think.
Look at East End Killer: immediately after his arrest, he is acting like a frail old man, yet the afternoon of his arrest, he was building a table, and had recently been riding his bike, very fast!!!

I know someone may have answered this but I have lots of reading to catch up on....so please if anyone can answer....

Where is he getting the money for a private attorney in such a high profile case? I am just wondering.....I am an average person and I could not come up with the money.

Mods please delete if need be......

I believe Mollie did threaten to call police or at least reached for her phone. There was a young man in Des Moines deported back to Mexico in June for having a couple of misdemeanors on his record. He was murdered by a gang not long after he arrived in Mexico. I think the fear of deportation is very real.

IMO, this is nonsense. We already have 2 other women who have come out that he harassed--if he was worried about being deported, he would act right. He murdered her because he is a predator.

Until I am proven wrong, I believe this man had a pattern of abducting women and killing them. Possibly a serial killer. LE stated he was calm and cooperative. So was the BTK. Cause of death just doesn’t match up with this being a spur of the moment crime. I think we will learn he had come onto Mollie before and she had rejected him. DNA tests should be done immediately to possibly match him to others who are missing or have been found murdered.

As far as his gf, she should be glad he is locked up.[/QUOTE

As in many of these cases, they do maintain relationships to provide a acceptable exterior of normalcy.

I'm thinking he might be feeling shame for the danger he put his co-workers in. If they are also here illegally, they are definitely in fear right now. He brought attention to all of them. If he cares about any of them, he might feel shame about that, even if he isn't feel shame about the crime he is charge with.

jmo
Absolutely that too.

Just because we haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean he wasn't hangin with a gang out of Des Moines or Iowa City. Other Latino gangs have used machetes, not just MS-13.

I’m just saying that there is absolutely no evidence of this, and any theory involving gangs, is based completely on supposition and not fact.
I haven’t read anything involving this suspect being involved with a gang.

Is anyone else surprised that CBR's girlfriend (or ex or whatever she is) brought their daughter into the courtroom? If I was her, I wouldn't want to expose my daughter to the world media like that. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I question that judgement call.
IMHO she looked totally shellshocked. I’m wondering how long it will take for her to understand that this is a valid arrest and that she needs to turn away & never look back.

It is possible that an acquaintance of CR's had issues with MT and is somehow complicit either directly or indirectly with her death. I would like to know the profile on someone who kills and disposes in this manner.
. I would like more info too- I always thought a “sharp object” type killing was personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper