IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain and simple...Le got lucky with the video and even more lucky when he showed them where Mollie could be found. Nothing against Le but these are facts. If no video, no CR. If CR did not feel like talking, no Mollie for her family, until who knows when.

I agree but it's hard (MOO) to point blame squarely at LE.
The fact is, CBR chose such a "great" (for him, not for Mollie) spot to abduct/murder someone. Tiny little town, in the middle of nowhere, vast amounts of corn/nothingness in every direction. It kind of was a miracle that someone had cameras up there to catch it.
They even had the FBI over there and didn't suspect him.

Really, in these cases, what is there to do?

This is why I always argue that it is due to America's geography, when people ask "why does it seem like America has so many more random murders/serial killers?" I argue that there simply so many desolate places where you can commit crime and hide it....that doesn't exist in this extent in many other countries.

DM actually is credible, for crime stories. They get info no one else does and it holds up. Have monitored their crime reporting for the past few years...they may use bombastic headlines and font but the info is good...at least as often as our MSM in US. Maybe they do pay for it, but that is what it takes sometimes. Jmo
I wish they'd quit posting pictures of the gf and baby. They are victims in this case. Not nice to keep posting their photos and exploiting their images, imo.

jmo

LE said he said he "blocked his memory" (not blacked out, per se, but that's how it's been referred to alot here and on MSM) between coming upon her running and "coming to" in his car, seeing an earbud in his lap, and that making him realize he had someone in the trunk of his car. Not that he blacked out the whole entire evening, nor where he disposed of her body.
At the news conference announcing they had found her body, they definitely said he told LE that he "blacked out".

Is anyone else surprised that CBR's girlfriend (or ex or whatever she is) brought their daughter into the courtroom? If I was her, I wouldn't want to expose my daughter to the world media like that. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I question that judgement call.

I think it was an awful stunt. That little girl has nothing to do with this, and she should not endure the trauma of seeing her father tried for murder. She is going to have a hard enough life knowing and learning what happened when she's older, she shouldn't be forced to experience it in real time during her early childhood.

It is possible that an acquaintance of CR's had issues with MT and is somehow complicit either directly or indirectly with her death. I would like to know the profile on someone who kills and disposes in this manner.

I wish they'd quit posting pictures of the gf and baby. They are victims in this case. Not nice to keep posting their photos and exploiting their images, imo.

jmo

Everyone likes to keep saying DM is such a false site. But I say, it's not false. People simply don't like DM because they have NO decorum at all, no morals or ethics when it comes to reporting. So I personally find they do have tons of credible articles, but they are written in such poor taste.

I remember when GSK was caught, they put up pictures of The Bonnie (won't say her true name), wrote down her full name, where she was living, her website, even pictures of her. Then had the audacity to say in their article that it was HER FAULT that GSK became a killer.

With the continual crime around us, I find myself now avoiding places, that are not as populated: my previous lovely river, beach, country walks with my dogs, trying not to venture out at night and making excuses for evening outings, keeping doors locked at all times even when just going into garden and back etc.
Where I live, the Capital City was awarded the most 'livable city in the world', for several years.
This year, it lost the top spot, due to an increase in crime.
It has certainly changed my outlook.
The more I hear about these creeps, the more frightening it appears everywhere.:(:(
Justice, Prison etc is not deterring them, it appears.
I am feeling the same and doing the same thing (and I’m in a decent size city).

I will never be able to think of corn the same way again. Ever.
I was wondering what CR’s daughter’s birthday is. There’s a really creep out pic of CR, gf & newborn in front of tall mature corn. It’s the only pic of the 3 of them I’ve seen. The pic is surreal given what has transpired.

Plain and simple...Le got lucky with the video and even more lucky when he showed them where Mollie could be found. Nothing against Le but these are facts. If no video, no CR. If CR did not feel like talking, no Mollie for her family, until who knows when.
Respectfully, that is like saying if there was no evidence, no CR. The fact is, there is always evidence. Perhaps they were "lucky" to find it. My guess is they were banging on doors looking for evidence. And yes, if CR had not told them where to find Mollie, she probably would not be found yet. I think that is NO reflection of LE's abilities. I believe finding victims without being led to them almost always has some element of luck. I think LE did a great job of bringing Mollie home and bringing charges against her alleged killer, charges that I feel he most likely will be convicted of. JMO

Last edited:
Sometime before the year is up I’m going to run a half marathon in her honor and mail her parents my race medal. If any of you guys are runners and want to do a virtual race or something- let me know.
My heart is so broken and after reading the autopsy findings my heart just hurts for her and her family.

Yes! This! I saw fear and a lot of shame. To me all the shame is about being a disgrace to his family for this crime, being what I believe was rape and murder. JMO
And yet he hasn't been too fearful or shame-burdened to troll women in the past, or to finally abduct, likely rape, then repeatedly stab an innocent young woman to death and conceal the details. He didn't care about the impact on his family before he was caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper