IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL relax and I say this very respectfully :) ... I was the first to state that there is no acknowledged syndrome because it has yet to be recognized...I pointed SharonNeedles in the direction of descriptions of people that suffer from self esteem issues. Oh, it exists as a phenemenom as it is medically referred to as low self esteem. There are a myriad of reasons some suffer from low self esteem and sometimes it is because of something they have no control over and can not change. As a result SOME men have a complex BECAUSE they are short and feel they do not measure up. Sometimes men will wear some type of lifts or heels to compensate for their lack of stature because they are so self conscience of it. It is something they can not change which also contributes to their anger and frustration which CAN result in them lashing out verbally or violently towards WOMEN who they perceive as judging or rejecting them.

Let's not get lost in the words here. I've called it short man syndrome for decades and women I associate with understand it as that too. Apparently someone not of my circle of friends (the OP) uses the same terminology as well. If you need to hear "someone who suffers from low self esteem" then let's call it that. I'm really ok with this.
I completely understand, and I just didn't want people to think there was an official dignosis. It was about the third time I saw it being referred to as a " real syndrome" so I know I sounded impatient. It's all good. I'm calmed down now.

I believe Mollie did threaten to call police or at least reached for her phone. There was a young man in Des Moines deported back to Mexico in June for having a couple of misdemeanors on his record. He was murdered by a gang not long after he arrived in Mexico. I think the fear of deportation is very real.

....delete. Moderated myself. ; )

I believe Mollie did threaten to call police or at least reached for her phone. There was a young man in Des Moines deported back to Mexico in June for having a couple of misdemeanors on his record. He was murdered by a gang not long after he arrived in Mexico. I think the fear of deportation is very real.

This is not directed at you but I still don't understand the argument. If he just left Mollie alone, he'd have no interaction with the police. It's not illegal to approach a woman (even if I sometimes wish it were). If he just drove away and went home there's no need to call the police, and even if she did, they probably would have told her to just call police again if he tried to talk to her.

Sick to read about the cause of death. Just catching up with the thread now. Good luck spinning multiple stab wounds as an accident. The only open question for me is if he attacked her and stabbed her right on 385 or if the stabbing happened at the corn field.

Based on the affidavit I think they have the last sighting of Mollie and his car on camera at 7:45pm and another sighting of his car on camera at 8:28. I don't know if that's a camera at the car wash or another business, or back the same way past the same house that caught Mollie on camera.
Where did you see the affidavit? Is there a link that I could view?

A question for those of you who have followed way more cases than I have. If this does go to trial, how long do you think it would be before the trial begins? I understand it probably can vary greatly, but if you have followed a lot of cases like this, what seems to be the norm?
2-3 years, depending on number and types of motions filed, and how well prosecutors and defense attorneys cooperate with each other. With him being an illegal immigrant, it may add more layers of delays before anything goes to trial. JMO

Last edited:
We have no evidence that he was. You appear to be talking about MS13, a gang that frequently uses machetes to attack and murder rivals. This crime is in no way indicative of something like that.

Hmm. Tough one there. If she died from blunt force/sharp force injuries, then that potentially brings a knife and a level of premeditation into play. And those guns on FB don't exactly scream "I'm just a farm boy who milks cows for a living".

And isn't random murder an initiation into the club? I honestly don't know, but I think I recall seeing it somewhere.

Not saying it is likely. Just that it is possible.

JMO.

I will never be able to think of corn the same way again. Ever.
Where we live, LOTS of corn fields in the county, on the way to school. We loved the little seedlings sprouting up in rows in the spring, so uniform.
When school started back in August, the stalks were so high! I look at them twice a day and think about Mollie, still. Wednesday, one of the farms started harvesting, and when i noticed, i was so grateful she was found before the harvest in IA. I’ll never not think of her, and will never look at these fields the same again, either

Or the last data point of heartbeat on her fitbit?

I was thinking this but would they have said they have reason to believe she's still alive for 3 weeks if they knew the first week she was dead? That's a little rough for her family. Although I guess they could have looked at the data optimistically and said they thought her fitbit fell off or battery died.

It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?

CR’s parents were in in the courtroom? I saw the wife (or g/f or partner—unsure of their official status) and baby.

I have profound personal experience with narcissists, too. I know all the ins and outs and games and manipulations, etc. Based upon what (little) we know of CR so far, and my personal observations, I just don't think he fits neatly into that category. Yet. As you probably know, narcs are always in it for the long haul, though, so we'll see.
I don't know that he fits neatly into any category and I think these "diagnoses" overlap. I do think his sudden memory problems are related to not wanting to admit in the presence of others that he savagely killed her. Because, after all, he was just doing driving circles and running along with her and then....suddenly...she was in his trunk bleeding.

This is not directed at you but I still don't understand the argument. If he just left Mollie alone, he'd have no interaction with the police. It's not illegal to approach a woman (even if I sometimes wish it were). If he just drove away and went home there's no need to call the police, and even if she did, they probably would have told her to just call police again if he tried to talk to her.
Exactly. The framing of this scenario appears to be that this guy was afraid of being deported for approaching a woman, and this somehow motivated him to kidnap and brutally murder her.

If this threat by Mollie even occurred, he was most likely motivated by the anger of rejection, as opposed to the fear of arrest.

Considering the multiple death threats the farm owners have received,along with threats to burn down all their buildings, when they had no part in this crime, I would be moving out of there to some undisclosed location if I was her.
Perhaps a representative for the Tibbetts family could ask the public to stand down and leave the innocent farm and farm owner alone. Might help.

LE said he said he "blocked his memory" (not blacked out, per se, but that's how it's been referred to alot here and on MSM) between coming upon her running and "coming to" in his car, seeing an earbud in his lap, and that making him realize he had someone in the trunk of his car. Not that he blacked out the whole entire evening, nor where he disposed of her body.

I was quoting and replying to someone else’s post that was asking about alcohol usage and CR blacking out. I’m fully aware of what the arrest affidavit said re: him blocking out. The OP was asking if he blacked out because he’s a drunk and that was my reply.

Strongly disagree. I would say it's about half the time and that is when they have used a reputable source. In my opinion, a source that has several inconsistencies and false statements every time you read an article can be written off as not reliable. Who has time to do the research on whether or not it is true every time they get something wrong? It's a big waste of time, even if they do " sometimes" get it right.

Yet, they are out there getting news, that no one else is getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper