IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for those of you who have followed way more cases than I have. If this does go to trial, how long do you think it would be before the trial begins? I understand it probably can vary greatly, but if you have followed a lot of cases like this, what seems to be the norm?

Remember too that during the last press conference I believe they said they didn't have much until the break came with the video. That was the tip they needed and got.
I was thinking. This had to be so many hours spent by these LE officers going through everything. I bet they went home to sleep a few hours and shower. That's it.
Job well done for sure. Sad as it is to say Mollie's family know what happened. Thinking of the families that never know.

But still they get a lot of information and more often than not, it's correct.
Strongly disagree. I would say it's about half the time and that is when they have used a reputable source. In my opinion, a source that has several inconsistencies and false statements every time you read an article can be written off as not reliable. Who has time to do the research on whether or not it is true every time they get something wrong? It's a big waste of time, even if they do " sometimes" get it right.

A question for those of you who have followed way more cases than I have. If this does go to trial, how long do you think it would be before the trial begins? I understand it probably can vary greatly, but if you have followed a lot of cases like this, what seems to be the norm?

Well, there has not been a trial date set yet for several murder cases being followed on Webslueths, some of them are past the 6 year mark, no trial date.

Okay I will say this one last time.: THERE IS NO SUCH DIAGNOSIS. There is no syndrome based on how insecure a person is based on their height. It's kind of like saying " overweight persons syndrome". It's just a term people throw around. If you can show me where in the DSM the shortpersons syndrome in I would be very interested. Google it and I will bet you see a whole bunch of stuff from the Daily Mail and Telegraph. It really doesn't matter if it's mentioned in abnormal psych books, and any research on it is probably insignificant and not valid. PERIOD!
LOL relax and I say this very respectfully :) ... I was the first to state that there is no acknowledged syndrome because it has yet to be recognized...I pointed SharonNeedles in the direction of descriptions of people that suffer from self esteem issues. Oh, it exists as a phenemenom as it is medically referred to as low self esteem. There are a myriad of reasons some suffer from low self esteem and sometimes it is because of something they have no control over and can not change. As a result SOME men have a complex BECAUSE they are short and feel they do not measure up. Sometimes men will wear some type of lifts or heels to compensate for their lack of stature because they are so self conscience of it. MOST short men are secure in their person and do not concern themselves with something they have no control over. Yet, for some it is an serious issue for them. Given it is something they can not change can also contributes to their anger and frustration which CAN result in them lashing out verbally or violently towards WOMEN who they perceive as judging or rejecting them.

Let's not get lost in the words here. I've called it short man syndrome for decades and women I associate with understand it as that too. Apparently someone not of my circle of friends (the OP) uses the same terminology as well. If you need to hear "someone who suffers from low self esteem" then let's call it that. I'm really ok with this.

Last edited:
The trailer on Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

That is an interesting link. Photographs of the suspects living quarters.

In my experience, that is a very atypical place. Most Iowa farmers (agribusiness) are German. Their places tend to be perfect. (If you have been to Germany you know the Germans are very organized and tidy) The suspects living area is a rural slum, and very run down. Most the German farms are well kept (anymore to be a farmer takes a college degree -- at least a BS in agribusiness, if not more. It's a business).

If we saw a place like that there would be one of two reasons: 'a bachelor' or 'Irish'. I don't mean to disparage anyone but that is what people would say. Being Irish, I know we tend to be pretty messy.

(Is that the black Malibu in the one photo?)

I’d have to say speak for yourself here. I don’t know why this rubbed me the wrong way, but it did. I’m irish, all my grandparents came here from Ireland (legally) except one who was American Indian. No one in my family here or that still lives there is “messy.” I think there’s trashy people with no self respect from all walks of life, and this guy was one of them. Sorry for the rant.

I still wonder why they asked LC if MT was in a house at 9:45pm.

Mollie had a nice iphone. I wonder if CR kept it and did a factory reset.
I also wonder if he had an "oh f*ck" moment when he learned about her fitbit and what it could do. I do think LE had tons of digital evidence. They just needed some concrete evidence like the video to connect it all together.

I'm thinking he carried a pocket knife and that's what he used. I wonder if Mollie had any protection like mace? I think the threat of her calling the sheriff set him off.
RE alcohol. In that last Daily Mail article with the 55 year old woman that flirted with him...yep all kinds...it was said he didn't drink. Just pop. So there's that.

I'm not so sure the threat of her calling the sheriff set him off. I think he was on a mission to violate her and it wouldn't have mattered what she said or didn't say. He was going to do what he intended on doing to her, he caught her in the perfect isolated place to abduct her, and he did what he set out to do when he saw her jogging.

also I would like to add that other cultures have different rules with eye contact than say westerners. His lack of eye contact could be cultural or could be a social anxiety issue.
True, but most commonly is a sign of deception of some kind. If it were any other scenario I might come to another conclusion, but you are right, and also many people with Asbergers naturally don't tend to make eye contact. I didn't mean to imply all people who don't make eye contact are deceptive!

Okay I will say this one last time.: THERE IS NO SUCH DIAGNOSIS. There is no syndrome based on how insecure a person is based on their height. It's kind of like saying " overweight persons syndrome". It's just a term people throw around. If you can show me where in the DSM the shortpersons syndrome in I would be very interested. Google it and I will bet you see a whole bunch of stuff from the Daily Mail and Telegraph. It really doesn't matter if it's mentioned in abnormal psych books, and any research on it is probably insignificant and not valid. PERIOD!
I don’t think anyone is claiming it’s a diagnosis. More like a stereotype that has enough truth in it to be commonly recognized.

I am horrified to hear that Mollie was stabbed to death. In my mind I had envisioned BFT and strangulation, I don't know why but stabbing never occurred to me in this case. There are no words and I can not imagine how her family feels. I am so sad for Mollie.

Obviously stabbing is very upclose and personal and indicative of super rage.

I don’t know how years later after being a member here I am still amazed by the capabilities of some people. I see him sitting there in the courtroom (and Chris Watts) and try to imagine him/them in their rages.

As for CR just snapping and this being his first time, I doubt it. The level of brazenness, aggression...

EA in CM’s case, and ARS in Jessica’s case, both nutjobss assaulted children. I wouldn’t be surprised here if that’s the case as well.

“4 to 7 years in the area....”

I wonder if CR is part of a gang. There have been several murders by Latino gangs using machetes and the videos landed on the Internet. So much about this case we don't know.

:confused:
can someone please help me be sure I understand correctly. we can or can not say nothing about social media? even if we think it is very relevant? what if we do anyway? a time out or? how long does a time out last? or is takeing a time out punishment for the team so to speak a very bad thing? what if it might be considered sleuthing a signifigant other? does that make it worse? I have tried to stay well within the limits but I need to know where the edge is.
Omg you have me laughing out loud....taking a timeout for the team!!! How long is it!!!! :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper