IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I hadn’t thought of that - is it possible that he did hold her captive for a while and then killed her and put her in the cornfield? That would make this even more horrific. I’m assuming the autopsy would show how long she has been dead? If it showed she was killed more recent than 5 weeks, that would mean he kept her alive a while, right?

I thought everything so far has pointed to this being a rage by CR then he threw her in the car trunk unconscious (no confirmation if she was alive or dead at that point). I don't think anything points to that he held her captive at this point.

Attorney for suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' murder speaks out

FOX News
Attorney for suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' murder speaks out
Duration: 07:31 42 mins ago

Attorney grilled by anchor person. Very good.
Stunning. "His perception is entitled to protection and due process...."

So..if your perception is that you had a giant memory lapse (about the time that you abducted someone), and then she was dead and cornstalks and all, your attorney if defending your right to your perception?

I can't believe he went on camera and actually said that. ?

And yet he hasn't been too fearful or shame-burdened to troll women in the past, or to finally abduct, likely rape, then repeatedly stab an innocent young woman to death and conceal the details. He didn't care about the impact on his family before he was caught.
He wasn’t caught and shackled and at the mercy of the court before either.

I’d have to say speak for yourself here. I don’t know why this rubbed me the wrong way, but it did. I’m irish, all my grandparents came here from Ireland (legally) except one who was American Indian. No one in my family here or that still lives there is “messy.” I think there’s trashy people with no self respect from all walks of life, and this guy was one of them. Sorry for the rant.

It's OK.

Saying something about a people is pandering to stereotypes. And no offense taken.

My family is Irish, I have a learning disability in organization. My 93 y/o aunt said her 'German' father said to my mother "You going to marry that Shanty Irishman" about my father.

It's all said in fun...

They've mentioned the word digital footprint multiple times I am not sure what that consists of and what it doesn't. I dunno if they were able to track down her phone via GPS (do they have the phone at this point?), the GPS on the fitbit? etc. I would think if they can access those it would at least show where she was at each time period.

Does the video actually show any of the scuffle ? Or just CR approaching Mollie?

From what I can glean from statements, 1) the capture images show Mollie, 2) they see her turn, 3) they see the car slow beside her, 4) they see him circle back and follow her again. 5) she is abducted from that same street. They did not say they saw the actual abducted as it might be out of range.

IMO, this is nonsense. We already have 2 other women who have come out that he harassed--if he was worried about being deported, he would act right. He murdered her because he is a predator.

What is nonsense is believing the accounts of people who weren't being "hit" on. It isn't illegal to flirt with someone. CR was stalking Mollie, so yes, I will continue to hold the opinion she threatened to phone LE.

Yet, they are out there getting news, that no one else is getting.
Yet it hasn't been confirmed to be accurate. Their description of the girl that was so panicked by the killers response when she asked him about it, that she questioned EVERYONE else about, yet had absolutely no suspicions that he could be the killer makes no sense to me.

With the continual crime around us, I find myself now avoiding places, that are not as populated: my previous lovely river, beach, country walks with my dogs, trying not to venture out at night and making excuses for evening outings, keeping doors locked at all times even when just going into garden and back etc.
Where I live, the Capital City was awarded the most 'livable city in the world', for several years.
This year, it lost the top spot, due to an increase in crime.
It has certainly changed my outlook.
The more I hear about these creeps, the more frightening it appears everywhere.:(:(
Justice, Prison etc is not deterring them, it appears.
Yes- not much of a deterrent when there are rapists caught red handed in the act who get out in 3 months. Stanford rapist...

Sure, but yearbook photos from when she was in highschool, cheerleading photos, etc. There are just so many. It's weird and actually has nothing to do with the case. Current photo from court, etc, I understand.

jmo
I think the FB connection is interesting, that the girlfriend was friends with not just Mollie but her family, that Mollie could have been a "face in the crowd" that Cristhian remembered. The 90 pictures of her and obviously what some people are writing on her page, yeah, that's kind of vulture-ish.

Is anyone else surprised that CBR's girlfriend (or ex or whatever she is) brought their daughter into the courtroom? If I was her, I wouldn't want to expose my daughter to the world media like that. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I question that judgement call.

Not harsh at all. Bringing her young child to court was an attempt humanize CR and make him look better. It is utterly ridiculous and I hope the GFs mother will talk some sense into her before the next hearing. The child should not be anywhere near there, and imo it was a very selfish decision to bring her.

I was not aware that he “confessed” but he stated he “blacked out”.
You're right, LE may not have a full confession yet for her murder, but since he did confess to the before (stalking) and after (knowledge of the location of her body), with the kidnapping and murder within the "block out" time period of his memory claim, maybe it was just a 'partial' confession - this bolded portion of the definition:

What is CONFESSION?
In criminal law. A voluntary statement made by a person charged with the commission of a crime or misdemeanor, communicated to another person, wherein he acknowledges himself to be guilty of the offense charged, and discloses the circumstances of the act or the share and participation which he had in it.

What is CONFESSION? definition of CONFESSION (Black's Law Dictionary)

I'm hopeful that he did confess to alot more than has been shared by LE, so it all adds up to the same thing - he did it and admits to it. How else would he know where her body is for crying out loud? :rolleyes:

Yet it hasn't been confirmed to be accurate. Their description of the girl that was so panicked by the killers response when she asked him about it, that she questioned EVERYONE else about, yet had absolutely no suspicions that he could be the killer makes no sense to me.
Perhaps her reactions are in hindsight? jmo

Good point to consider....
Wonder if this crime was a form of 'initiation' ?
LE has to be investigating the others who he works with and lives with. Des Moines and Iowa City are less than an hour away and CR lived within spitting distance of I-80.

With the continual crime around us, I find myself now avoiding places, that are not as populated: my previous lovely river, beach, country walks with my dogs, trying not to venture out at night and making excuses for evening outings, keeping doors locked at all times even when just going into garden and back etc.
Where I live, the Capital City was awarded the most 'livable city in the world', for several years.
This year, it lost the top spot, due to an increase in crime.
It has certainly changed my outlook.
The more I hear about these creeps, the more frightening it appears everywhere.:(:(
Justice, Prison etc is not deterring them, it appears.

Me too. I sometimes wish I wasn’t a female (or even a really tall & muscular female instead of a petite frame) because I could walk wherever whenever. It sounds like it must feel freeing to walk alone at night around the neighborhood w/o fear of being attacked from behind or to go to a store alone after dusk w/o having to stay on high alert.

This is slightly off topic so I will make it brief. In college, I knew a girl from Switzerland, who told me that back home she takes public transportation in and around the city at midnight. She said rape is very rare there (never verified this fact) & females walk around by themselves every night w/o fear.
It’s a freedom that females in the US need but it doesn’t look to happen anytime in the foreseeable future.
Oh well, back to the main topic..

IMO, this is nonsense. We already have 2 other women who have come out that he harassed--if he was worried about being deported, he would act right. He murdered her because he is a predator.

I agree. A statement from Mollie was not going to stop him that day. He was a killer hunting prey so he did. If not Mollie some other girl would be in the same position. Perfect killing fields except he underestimated the community response, community population size, and media onslaught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly