GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, if not for that few seconds of neighborhood video showing that car, police likely would have never broke this. I think her body would have been found when the corn field was harvested, but nothing found there would have led to CBR. And I think we all know that if CBR got away with this, he WOULD have done it again.

I noticed this, as well. Most attorneys speak to the client in the court room after the verdict. Odd, very odd ...

It didn't surprise me. I don't think CBR has a lot of social skills. He seems to be borderline Autistic, with poor insight into consequences of his actions. I bet a psych evaluation puts his IQ in the low-mid range. Borderline to MR. I am surprised that we did not see a request for incapacity.

@CGothnerKCCI· 21s

Chad Frese: Efforts to find two masked men are like “trying to prove there’s a Santa Claus.”
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
---

No doubt!
Does Chad even understand what he just said? He is admitting that the two masked men are a fantasy. And unprovable because they do not exist.
Well done counsellor...

This just struck me....

CBR's knit ninjas are nothing but a projection of the part of the story he never intended to confess.....

Which makes me wonder.....

Through them, he introduced the knife (that he killed her with)....

Through them, he introduced a gun (maybe that's how he got Mollie in the trunk and what he injured her with)...

Through them, he revealed how he interrupted Mollie's run (by stopping ahead of her projected path ... after 6 passes he'd have a good idea where she'd be on the 7th)....

Through them, he introduced the threat to harm his daughter and her mother....

All CBR did IMO and in effect is give his conscience (if he has one, or memory if he does not) form. He put sweaters on it.

Which gives me reason to think there was a genuine threat out for his daughter and her mom.

HIM.

It was on his mind enough to weave it into his tale....

THAT relationship could be the root of his anger.

All those stab wounds. All that rage.

IMO he was angry before that day ever started.

And I submit to you that THIS DAY he's angrier than ever.

Locked up now for life is the ONLY place for him.

JMO

Last edited:
Nobody really wins here. Both sides of the families are going to be devistated. So much pain on both sides. I hope that the Rivera family will find healing as well. As well as Molly's family
Yes, someone wins here. The public wins. He can never murder/rape another girl unless he escapes prison.

Just think, if not for that few seconds of neighborhood video showing that car, police likely would have never broke this. I think her body would have been found when the corn field was harvested, but nothing found there would have led to CBR. And I think we all know that if CBR got away with this, he WOULD have done it again.
I've been thinking about this, as well. So very close to another unsolved murder...

I just heard "Pretty in Pink" by The Psychedelic Furs on the radio. All I could think of was CBR correcting his "hot" comment for "pretty."

Pretty in her pink shorts bra you stabbed her through you s.o.b.

Last edited:
It didn't surprise me. I don't think CBR has a lot of social skills. He seems to be borderline Autistic, with poor insight into consequences of his actions. I bet a psych evaluation puts his IQ in the low-mid range. Borderline to MR. I am surprised that we did not see a request for incapacity.
Thanks for your observations, it makes perfect sense. They called him shy, he seemed more detached, to me.

Could they try for incapacity on an appeal?

This just struck me....

CBR's knit ninjas are nothing but a projection of the part of the story he never intended to confess.....

Through them, he introduced a gun (maybe that's how he got Mollie in the trunk and what he injured her with)...

Through them, he revealed how he interrupted Mollie's run (by stopping ahead of her projected path ... after 6 passes he'd have a good idea where she'd be on the 7th)....

All CBR did IMO and in effect is give his conscience (if he has one, or memory if he does not) form. He put sweaters on it.

Which gives me reason to think there was a genuine threat out for his daughter and her mom.

HIM.

JMO

I think you are more on target than we will ever know. It would also connect the beliefs of some that Mollie and his baby momma have similar features. From a mathematical/psychological stand point it all adds up. Really good analysis Megnut. Sadly, unless he ever literally “tells all”….we won’t know. But this sounds pretty close to spot on imo.

I don’t think it matters that CBR might have told his clown attorneys in 2018 the Ninja story. If they had believed him back then surely they would have spent their time investigating that instead of DJ etc. But they didn’t. Not one minute spent checking it out because it was preposterous and they knew that. They were desperate in the trial and that’s why they put him on the stand.

Well, there is all that undetermined DNA in his trunk. Any unsolved missing persons cases in Iowa?

This just struck me....

HIM.

JMO

I absolutely agree he has given us what happened, on his terms. He pulled up ahead of Mollie - maybe he tried to "flirt"when she passed or maybe he was a predator from the start and got out to run her down. She turns around to get off the country road and he runs behind her, like he has said, and when she can't outrun she stops and takes her phone out. She is obviously going to call the police and probably tells him that. I would. I think that scares him and enrages him - she is rejecting him and threatening him at the same time. He disables to the point he can get her in the trunk. Carries her over his shoulder to the cornfield where he does everything else.

I wouldn't doubt that his ex GF was scared to testify against him in case he was found not guilty.

I feel like society is safer and Mollie got her justice. Every woman got justice. Going for a run should not be anyone's cause of death. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths!

Thank God for the guilty verdict! I also don't believe that this was his first murder. Maybe the first one he got caught for (which never would have happened without the precious video evidence), but the rage and violence displayed doesn't seem to be the work of a "first timer". Just because he had no official record in Mexico doesn't mean he hasn't murdered there. Mexico is a wild place, esp. in rural areas where women's bodies turn up all the time and no one does anything to find who did it or even care. Cartel violence and all sorts of stuff goes on in Mexico. Therefore, I don't feel this was his first "rodeo" so to speak. Laughable to put forth that nonsense about his "good character". So glad the jury wasn't fooled by the lies and double talk of his lawyers. Good riddance to this guy, and now lets arrest the dairy owner who hired him in the first place (and who I'm quite sure knew he wasn't named "John Bud".)

The Judge really did give the Defense a lot of breaks. they will appeal based on the Miranda mess-up and admissibility of the evidence after that but it isn't going to work. CBR led them to the body and was re-mirandized etc. The blood in the trunk is all good. I'm sure this was a bit frustrating for Brown and his team. I'm sure he was really frustrated by the Miranda screw up. There is no excuse for that. But he worked around it all.

IMO, the defective Miranda Warning really wasn't as bad as portrayed. Having watched the evidence suppression hearings, the State did not lose much -- about 6 hours of interrogation (after 11:30pm - to about 5 AM) and/or just before CBR led authorities to Mollie's remains in the early morning.

Most important was that CBR voluntarily gave officials permission to search his vehicle which he left at the Farm when he voluntarily went to the Sheriff's office for questioning. The prosecution did not lose Mollie's blood evidence located inside his vehicle because CBR gave them permission to search.

The Sheriff's office learned later that night when CBR being interviewed that they found Mollie's blood in his car -- allegedly prompting the immediate ICE Hold.

I agree.

Also noticed that Mr
That judge didn't mess around did he? Jury comes in, he immediately asks the foreperson if he has a verdict, hand it to the court clerk, looks at it, has her read it, sets a sentence date, asks the lawyers if there is anything else, "no", court adjourned.
I can't believe how fast the entire process was. From jury selection to the trial, that judge just moved along efficiently.

I am in California, and our trials are like slow motion train wrecks most of the time.

I remember following this case from the beginning. When Molly first went missing and wondering where she was, hoping she was just injured and would be found. The gut wrenching news when she was found. Then learning who her killer was and how senseless the crime was. Now he's been found guilty and it feels like some small measure of justice.

Thanks for your observations, it makes perfect sense. They called him shy, he seemed more detached, to me.

Could they try for incapacity on an appeal?
I think he demonstrated his capacity during the trial when he testified on his own behalf. CBR had no difficulty understanding the questions put to him by both his defense and the prosecutor, and gave a clear response to each question. His lawyers never made a request in three years that their client be evaluated for competency, or that he was not capable of assisting with his defense. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe