ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see him crazily trying to act out both sides for himself — hero and villain.

Me too. I have the same theory. I actually mentioned Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde here on WS, I believe. I think it's consistent with certain known mental states that other criminals have had. Truly bizarre.

I think it's also worth considering that people at his apartment building mentioned that he was frequently up at night (the downstairs neighbor said so). They may have noticed this only after the murders, but I'm guessing he had trouble sleeping. His computer use and phone use will probably show that. As a loner (we have no evidence that he ever had a friend at WSU or any other place) he would have grown accustomed to interior role-playing as a way of having dialogue with someone (himself). Unfortunately, people acting alone and mainly on their own internal advice often get themselves into trouble (rarely murdering, which is why this crime still stands out among all the other crimes I know about).

He's still one for the record books (only mass murder of this type that I can think of - in which it's not ideologically based nor family annihilation). He may have seen his victim(s) before, but I don't think he interacted with them in any meaningful way.

I hope they only do what they are legally obligated to. He deserves no mercy.
He has not been convicted yet. Further they may have legal obligations to provide his diet in relation to equality or human rights legislation, or USA similar, etc. It would appear to me that they are legally obligated to provide for inmates' dietary needs.

But he cannot explain away his car being in route, caught on video, to Kings Avenue from his home in Pullman, WA and vice versa at the precise time of before and after these murders were committed. Not to mention circling the area in between. The affidavit also says that there was not much other traffic on those routes other than HIS vehicle over and over again.
They have him leaving his house, driving to the scene, parking at the scene, DNA putting him in the room, driving home, and evidence he checked it all out 12 times before that.

This is the most straight forward case I have ever seen.

Edited- oh yeah and an eye-witness who described him pretty accurately...

These are the times when I regret having a job that distracts me from following threads- just finished the PCA

So- LE had this guy 80-90% in about 10 days, they got his father's DNA from the trash not a genealogical search, he stalked these girls for a long time before AND he is the worst criminology student EVERRRR..... This PCA leaves no room for doubt about who did this.

RBBM

Darn old work!!

JMVHO.

I am considering her a surviving victim, I haven't implied she's not a victim in any way. But I am also questioning why she would do what she did. She saw someone in a ski mask prowling through her house at 4AM and didn't call 911 until the morning...

I always assumed they slept through it or heard some stuff but didn't get out of bed. But now I'm just perplexed because it is very very bizarre to me that, after all that, 911 doesn't get called until almost noon.
But, NOT a ski mask. A mask that covered his mouth and nose - like a surgical mask - maybe she thought door dash in coronavirus mask.

This is not the end of the evidence.

At trial,
They will also probably also have:

1) Direct match to his DNA now that they have him in custody.
2) Shoe tread print comparison. I wonder if he kept his shoes?
3) Laptop and phone internet searches.
4) Other more damning stalking data.

Doesn't matter if we have a reasonably intelligent jury.

[…]

According to the court document, police said the missing cellular data was “consistent with Kohberger attempting to conceal his location during the quadruple homicide that occurred at the King Road residence.”

The cellphone data showed Kohberger at his Pullman apartment in the early hours of Nov. 13 before leaving his residence shortly before 3 a.m. and heading south out of Pullman. The cellphone stopped transmitting signals at around 2:47 a.m. and did not resume until 4:48 a.m., police said. At that point, it utilized towers near the small town of Blaine, south of Moscow. Blaine is a roughly 15-minute drive from King Road in Moscow.

Officials said the phone then used cell towers heading west into Pullman.

[…]

THIS.... I have to say after hearing what's in this document I am completely stunned. I know they say you never know what you might do in such a terror inducing situation but still...I cant fathom why she didnt call :(
Young and inexperienced in life. Frightful. Too many people in and out of that house that the roommates were used to people coming and going at all hours. Probably the house was too big with too many young people who had their guards down about safety. No security cameras. Kids coming home after drinking. No one in charge of making sure doors and windows are locked. It is so tragic. Evil people in the world taking advantage.

When I read the PCA, it says redacted at the end of page 1, but then picks up after an entire blank page at page 2. I’ll include pics and links for clarity. My questions are:

1. Is there an entire page redacted? If yes, what might that suggest? Could it include specific information about the crime that only the killer would know?
2. Am I reading this wrong and pg 2 isn’t missing?
Link
I thought it was about wounds and things like that. I thought I saw the word Coroner at the bottom?

I put too many Xanas in that post. Not after Xana. She just was in the wrong place and awake

But....."she was in shock".......frozen........but regained composure to shut lock door...so shock subsided if all true....then what? imo
I would be frozen in shock and caught off guard if I saw a stranger suddenly there. Then I might have thought it must be someone's late night visitor and gone back to bed. However I could be wrong and will discover more at trial. Imo

"BK smiles in court after being denied bail".

I think he was smiling right at the beginning.

" It is unclear what prompted the grin" He just sat down and the attorney probably sad something formal.
Im not even sure why Im commenting some dailymail-nonsense. :D

Could the killer have been in the house on the 3rd floor and murdered M&K around the original timeline (as one or both being his actual target) He assumes X&E were asleep because there bedroom door was closed when entered thru the glass slider.

After he killed M&K he heard movement on the second floor and that a Door Dash order was on the way...so just he just hunkered down till after the food delivery was dropped off. Hearing/thinking that X&E went to the bedroom to eat it was time to make his escape, when he got to the second floor he and X made eye contact because E was in the bedroom maybe asleep and wasn't eating so and he had to kill her, that explains her defensive wounds then he had to also kill E as maybe he woke up.

Really stretching here but maybe E heard the commotion and said to E "Can I help you?" speaking to X (The phrase wasn't actually "Im here to help you" that was overheard)
I think the video evidence showed that his car was outside and being driven at 4:04??

Right that's what I was saying. He probably went in the house with the intention to kill ie. knife in hand or about his person. Doesn't mean it was planned hours or days before.
I agree regarding premediation, however I do not agree that he necessarily had the intention to murder when he entered the home (knife in hand).

My VERY first thought. I would do the same thing. People react differently to sudden life or death traumatic events that disrupt normal everyday life. I freeze. It’s as if I’m paralyzed. My friend reacts with swift action. I would’ve been too scared to do anything except hide- from fear, paralyzed in shock and by the chance he was still present. I would have even been too scared to touch my phone. I know….. weird reaction maybe. I’m working on it. Fight, flight or freeze- I guess. Anyway, my heart hurts for the surviving women. The trauma they experienced is too much and I hope they find peace.
Well, what we know of this was given to the police well after the fact, when it was known that the murder had been committed. At the time, she didn't have a clue, and it was probably the last thing on her mind. When you've got four or five college students living together in a rooming house, there are always going to be dramatics of some sort, and she probably ascribed the commotion to some personal goings-on of her roommates. She saw a masked man. Masks have become very conventional nowadays, and that probably wasn't going to lead her to think that something was seriously amiss. The man walked by her and headed for the door; nothing sinister in that. So she went back into her room and slept into the late hours of the morning. She wakes up, and does what every young person does at all hours of the day, namely, gets on her phone and checks her messages. It's only after she looks outside her room and sees the mayhem that she realizes that what she saw and heard last night was something she could never have imagined in her wildest dreams.

Unfortunately, entering someone's house without their permission is already a crime, and entering the house with even a vague plan of committing a crime is also a crime (burglary). The moment he crossed the threshold of the house with a large knife, he entered the zone of premeditation.

Premeditation includes inflicting wounds on just one person beyond what it takes for self-defense. He has no reasonable way to claim that he was using the knife in self defense. Even if he claimed it, one stab would have been enough (then he should have backed down and fled - as he was now way into illegal territory).

Even if he did not plan to kill anyone at all, once he killed one person, he had the option to not kill any more. Instead, he sent instructions to his body to kill another person, walk somewhere else, and kill two more.

TOTALLY premeditation. People are convicted for strangling murders as premeditated because at any moment during the several minutes it took to render death, they could have stopped.

In this case, I think his frequent trips to the neighborhood, his circling of that particular house (4X?) that night, his parking near it, going inside (illegally) and killing FOUR people can only be premeditated (which does not mean planned, but I think he did some planning - as he TURNED OFF HIS PHONE as he left Pullman).

I believe the PCA also says that he didn't do this at any other time for the period they are mentioning. Just that one time, during which time, he committed 4 murders. This has premeditation all over it.
I agree. I understand premeditation and yes the murders undoubtedly were premeditated.

The OP opined that he planned on getting caught because they could think of no other explanation to the trail of evidence he left behind. My response was that maybe it wasn't planned hours or days in advance and if this was his first kill, then the act itself is far removed from studying it. Hence the sloppiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WickedDreamer83