ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the affidavit, and have been reading these threads (or rather, trying to keep up!).
Something that still isn't clear to me is what happened the next morning and who came to the house first? The reason I am asking is about the Van's like shoe print.
If nobody but LE came in to the house that morning, the bloody shoe print should be the killer's. If other people came in before LE then it would be a lot less useful.
I tried to search this site for this but maybe I am doing it wrong. There is so much to read in all these threads, sorry if my question has been answered before! If there's already somewhere that discussed this, a link would be appreciated!
Lots of factors in play with that. If the track was left that far away from the bedroom it was likely by someone who stepped in a pool of fresh blood before it started to coagulate and dry. Even if people were in the house such as at the time of the 9-1-1 call you can simply recreate their actions and determine if they stepped in a blood pooled area.

Nothing mind blowing about this. Everything they seized are items they could likely find in many houses. It is just unknown items that were worthy of testing. It does answer the question that they found no undisputable evidence in his home such as the murder weapon.

It looks like 509 is the entire eastern part of WA. I also find that the 592 part of the # is for Pullman.
I apologize in advance, but as I am not from the US, I have no idea what it means. Over here we have no area codes for mobile phones, so how is it determined which one you get? What should it represent?

MOO: Sidenote, but didn't Xana have family or residence history in the Spokane area? I have some faint recollections. Probably not related to anything, I have no theories on how it could be, was just my ony association with the area (if I got that right)

Edit: sorry, I'm an idiot. So 509 is shared for all eastern part of WA areas, followed by, in BKs case, 592 for Pullman. My bad, I thought it's either/or and refers to different sub-divisions next to each other - like BK was from PA, living in Pullman, WA, murdered in Moscow, ID and then registered his phone in Spokane, WA - I was mistaken. Looks like the phone was registered per Pullman.

Last edited:
The warrant is looking for dark clothing but no clothing is noted on the Return of Service. I think he disposed of the (Dickies receipt) Walmart clothing and the blood stains on the pillow and mattress are from his own injuries, which LE may suspect happened during the murders. If he has evidence of recently healed cuts, it still is useful evidence. moo

Jumpsuit for Men | Dickies

If the above item is the one BK purchased, here is the full description:

Product Details​

Grease, grime, dirt, insulation—these are just some of the things that stand no chance against Dickies’ Long Sleeve Coveralls. This coverall handles just about anything your work can throw at it. Durable, yet breathable, polyester/cotton twill resists fading, wrinkles and stains. Heavy-duty, two-way front brass zipper with concealed snaps at neck and waist stays flat. Handy ruler/tool pocket on right leg. Expandable comfort waist with elastic inserts keep you comfortable.

RBBM

Note my bolding in red above.

JMVHO.

Do we have any informations on how many people went the house before LE got there? Do we know how disturbed was the scene and if the could see the whole scenario? I got very curious on that matter because I do recall the JonBenet Ramsey that one of the odd things that happened was that her family invited neighbors in and how this disrupted the whole crime scene.

What dates are you all talking about, must have missed the significance??
I was thinking about the type of searches that could be incriminating. (Page 2 of search warrant) SO if he searched for murders after the Time of death but prior to 11:58 when 911 was called is what I was trying to say, that would be incriminating. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
bolding mine.
I'm still a bit on the fence regarding that. ^^^
Why kill Ethan ?
It seems like his ragewas directed more at women.

Since E. didn't live there, I've thought that he was collateral damage.
But ... maybe BK planned it for when all four were there , and imo that shows advance planning.
Premeditation.
A little early to tell, but at the very least BK might spend the rest of his days in prison.
Also imo, he would be dangerous for the rest of his life if ever released !

I'm more inclined to believe that he targeted the house because it was easy to access and because it has a history of quite a bit of social events so it could be assumed that collecting DNA would be complicated, based on his criminology background.
I also believe that he didn't have specific individuals targeted but was looking for maximum destruction but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the police reports associated with the area were initiated by him to ascertain what police response time is, which would give him a good idea of how long he could safely remain in the house. He seemed fairly efficient while he was in the house but he also left fairly abruptly so perhaps he timed himself?

In my opinion, that would better explain why he left two survivors and I've often wondered if the call for a disturbance at Band Field was just an odd coincidence or something he may have called in to tie up resources. Logically, it seems a bit too close for comfort but I daresay that he and I have different ideas of logic.

Is it evidence though? Still waiting for tests to link the things they took to the scene of the crime. The stained sheets could have been from a nosebleed, or a girlfriend, or even bedbugs. MOO

The testing will take some time. Hopefully, we'll get some answers relatively soon.

JMVHO.

No Vans listed on the search warrant document, or any other kind of shoes, but I feel like it's pretty likely that if he is the murderer he ditched the shoes or brought them home / cleaned them and continued to wear them. IMO

Also considering how dirty his car was and him cleaning it and throwing the trash in the neighbor's, makes me think the guy isn't very clean or tidy.
I always felt like he left the car unwashed & dirty to disguise its whiteness when he knew they were looking for his exact car after the murders. Like the body cam videos from his stops, it was so dirty it almost looked grey! IMO.

I was thinking about the type of searches that could be incriminating. (Page 2 of search warrant) SO if he searched for murders after the Time of death but prior to 11:58 when 911 was called is what I was trying to say, that would be incriminating. JMO
Gotcha!

Jumpsuit for Men | Dickies

If the above item is the one BK purchased, here is the full description:

RBBM

Note my bolding in red above.

JMVHO.

I’d be curious to know the date on that receipt for Dickies.

IF he bought dark clothing fairly recently, and
IF it is nowhere to be found, now,

then there’s another piece of circumstantial evidence added to the pile.

Everything they took from his house is evidence. Some of it could potentially exonerating (all hair is his hair) and some might not be. Either side can use it.

If that's an animal hair from Murphy (and I bet it is), that's incriminating evidence. If there are fibers from 1122 King Road (bedding, etc), that's incriminating. If there is victim DNA in the vacuum container, that's incriminating.

If every piece of physical evidence is linked only to BK and some other animal, then it's mostly exonerating.

I read a question in the last thread about taking of the Firestick.

Beyond the obvious of content and any Android based apps he may have used on there. I think the Firestick also provide them with a list of other electronic bluetooth devices Bryan may have used.

If you're to believe that he had some device on him during the murders that ended up pinging off of a smart bluetooth device at or near the house. They are likely trying to place the same device inside of his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member