ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. I think this started on the second floor, and then moved to the third floor. I think the perp didn't know about the first floor bedrooms at all. Imo. This says they were not familiar with the floorplan. Imo.
I would agree.

My gut tells me the two girls were targeted while out / returning home, the couple was collateral damage, and the attacker didn't know the 2 survivors were even there. JMO.

Yes but a dog can sense when an owner is hurt usually so during the commotion you would think this dog would be reacting in someway . Seems strange to think he was just sitting there quietly while they were all bieng murdered and even hours after
I think the dog would smell and react to the scent of blood.

I would agree.

My gut tells me the two girls were targeted while out / returning home, the couple was collateral damage, and the attacker didn't know the 2 survivors were even there. JMO.
I was thinking of how in prior cases where the perp followed someone home. Then watched which lights went on, then waited for the last one to go off, indicating a bedroom. At that point they knew in an hour they could make their move. Scary to think how visible we are at night. Imo.

I was thinking of how in prior cases where the perp followed someone home. Then watched which lights went on, then waited for the last one to go off, indicating a bedroom. At that point they knew in an hour they could make their move. Scary to think how visible we are at night. Imo.
It really is scary. Also, judging by ISP stating they believe the attacker came in through the sliding door / no signs of forced entry, it’s likely someone left that door unlocked, JMO.

When I was in college I had 3 roommates and we had someone come into our apartment and steal our computers from a common area. We slept through the whole thing.

I was religious about locking my doors, but my roommates weren’t. It’s sad to think it could have come down to something so simple. Not casting blame at all, JMO.

It appears Murphy is alive and well.

If the other roommates were asleep as all this was taking place and didn't awaken by Murphy barking then he possibly didn't bark - maybe he knows the perp/perps or he was given treats.

Either way what actual difference does this make? He can't testify to anything. He's probably been forensically examined for DNA, blood etc. already.

What can be further gleaned from knowing if he barked or not that night? I'm at a loss.

This is why I leave my front porch and back porch and downstairs hallway lights on always . Just so people assume that someone is awake .

Ethan Chapin's last day was spent with his siblings, dressed up and dancing.

"He was our daughter Maizie's date, and his brother was Maizie's roommate's date," Chapin's mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie's sorority. "They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We're all thankful that they spent that time together."

Ethan Chapin captured photos of the event on his phone, but the family has yet to see them. The device is being held by law enforcement as potential evidence in the homicide investigation.

"We realized yesterday morning, watching information about our son being posted that didn't come from us personally, that the greatest gift we could do for our son in this moment is be his voice," Stacy Chapin said.

"You rarely get to meet someone like Xana," her sister said via text message. "She was so positive, funny and was loved by everyone who met her."

Xana Kernodle went to high school in the scenic northern Idaho city of Post Falls. For her graduation in 2020, she decorated her mortarboard with flower and butterfly cut-outs and the words, "For The Lives That I Will Change."

Mogen and Goncalves grew up together in northern Idaho, such close friends that they were practically sisters. Goncalves chronicled some of their history in an Instagram post celebrating Mogen's 21st birthday in May.

"I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to be the main character in all my childhood stories," Goncalves wrote.

Along with photos, Mogen collected quotes on her Instagram page.

"It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but a good amount of it actually is," read one brightly colored post. For now, friends and family are trying to find refuge in the light they left behind.

Wow, talk about a bombshell. I think it's irresponsible of PD to release that tidbit after everything they've already said. If they're wrong, can you imagine how much turmoil they just caused in the lives of these two girls? I thought they said the 2 were not thought to be involved. What is this now?

Ethan Chapin's last day was spent with his siblings, dressed up and dancing.

"He was our daughter Maizie's date, and his brother was Maizie's roommate's date," Chapin's mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie's sorority. "They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We're all thankful that they spent that time together."

Ethan Chapin captured photos of the event on his phone, but the family has yet to see them. The device is being held by law enforcement as potential evidence in the homicide investigation.

"We realized yesterday morning, watching information about our son being posted that didn't come from us personally, that the greatest gift we could do for our son in this moment is be his voice," Stacy Chapin said.

"You rarely get to meet someone like Xana," her sister said via text message. "She was so positive, funny and was loved by everyone who met her."

Xana Kernodle went to high school in the scenic northern Idaho city of Post Falls. For her graduation in 2020, she decorated her mortarboard with flower and butterfly cut-outs and the words, "For The Lives That I Will Change."

Mogen and Goncalves grew up together in northern Idaho, such close friends that they were practically sisters. Goncalves chronicled some of their history in an Instagram post celebrating Mogen's 21st birthday in May.

"I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to be the main character in all my childhood stories," Goncalves wrote.

Along with photos, Mogen collected quotes on her Instagram page.

"It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but a good amount of it actually is," read one brightly colored post. For now, friends and family are trying to find refuge in the light they left behind.
So Ethan is a triplet and his two brothers also go to U of I and they have a sister who is also in a sorority at the University..

I think the dog would smell and react to the scent of blood.
I have to agree with this. If this person were a stranger to the victims before that night, I find it hard to believe he/she/they? would risk going into a house with a dog and several roommates. If a stranger, could it be possible, they broke in the house early and gave a sedative to the dog?
Or was it someone known to the dog?
It'd be interesting to hear how this dog normally reacts to new people. And if it was crated, or where the dog was when this was happening.

I can't even imagine what family and surviving roommates are going through..

The 2 surviving roommates have not been cleared as suspects.
IMO A very simple explanation for this could be that forensics cannot exclude them. The only thing that can exclude them is their own testimony that they were asleep — which isn’t enough for Police to exclude them. But as roommates it’s likely their dna is in the murder scenes. So you can’t rule them out because (1) their dna is present (2) the only people who can verify they were not involved are dead (3) they cannot prove they were asleep. I’m be very dubious about reading too much into this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member