ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 surviving roommates have not been cleared as suspects.

Well this is weird. That and the chiefs comments... I really, really struggle to believe that the two girls I saw on those videos has ANYTHING to do with this. In fact, I struggle to believe a girl, any girl, was the perpetrator. But what do I know? Still think whoever it was, was at the bar. But maybe this is a Petito-type situation where social media is so white washed that you never really get a sense for who and how young people are on it.

Wow, talk about a bombshell. I think it's irresponsible of PD to release that tidbit after everything they've already said. If they're wrong, can you imagine how much turmoil they just caused in the lives of these two girls? I thought they said the 2 were not thought to be involved. What is this now?
Agree wholeheartedly. Very, very interesting tidbits slowly being leaked out by police about the surviving roommates. Nothing definitive, per se, as it’s often customary for police to say “nobody has been cleared yet”. But couple that statement with the revelations that they might be the key to solving it and that they didn’t call 911, and it sure seems like the focus of the investigation seems to be including them (for whatever reason). Police rarely make statements public without doing so with very specific reasons in mind. Occasionally you get the bumbling cop slipping up in the initial stages, but I would think that by this point in the case with this many investigators working it, the amount of evidence and tips they do have, and the strategy they have developed for solving it, that any and all statements made by police have been carefully worded and selected.

“Potentially they are witnesses, potentially they are victims,” Snell said. He also added that they could be “the key to this whole thing.”

Snell said the two roommates have been “working and talking with detectives, and they have been cooperative.”

Snell also said the roommates were not the 9-1-1 caller.

Agree wholeheartedly. Very, very interesting tidbits slowly being leaked out by police about the surviving roommates. Nothing definitive, per se, as it’s often customary for police to say “nobody has been cleared yet”. But couple that statement with the revelations that they might be the key to solving it and that they didn’t call 911, and it sure seems like the focus of the investigation seems to be including them (for whatever reason). Police rarely make statements public without doing so with very specific reasons in mind. Occasionally you get the bumbling cop slipping up in the initial stages, but I would think that by this point in the case with this many investigators working it, the amount of evidence and tips they do have, and the strategy they have developed for solving it, that any and all statements made by police have been carefully worded and selected.

I'm not sure about that. I think they just don't have a good grasp of how to communicate with the public. Look at how they walked back the threat level.

MOO

Agreed.
Maybe they think someone’s access was granted to the house by one of them. It has had parties before so I’m sure the amount of DNA and fingerprints there is overwhelming. They need to rule out who was there and when and maybe that’s ‘the key’ by using the roommates?

Or perhaps it was just very bad wording since tweets have been deleted and didn’t come across as what they meant and were taken out of context like Mass Guy said.

I don't see anything hard to understand about the roommates sleeping though this. College students are experienced at sleeping though activity.

I am a little surprised that one of the victims could not make a last call to 911, most college age people alway have a cellphone in hand or pocket. The perp must have made sure they couldn't.

While it looks like targeted crime, I still think there is a possibility of a robbery discovered in process. The perp may have left when it turned to murder.

I see a lot of comments thinking that girls were the target. It could have been anyone, the surviving girls, the male may have had an interaction that a psyco was looking for revenge. If there was a target, the target probably have the most injuries.

There are a lot of apartment buildings behind and above their rented house. I would not be surprised if the perp lives near.

I agree. I really wanted to believe that this wasn't suspicious - because imagine that if it isn't, it's a pretty hefty accusation to lever at someone. Also, my son is super inept at talking to girls....what if this guy was interested but bad at reading body language and taking hints, and just left when he knew there wasn't a connection?

However, IMO - even if no one at the food truck was involved, the girls were moving away from him, they turned their back to isolate away from him as he seemed to try to follow their movements without any reason for being at the truck - he arrived at the same time, did not seem to be with anyone else and did not purchase from the food truck. He left once he saw them gone. Doesn't mean he left and just didn't go home.

My head thoughts - how long would it take to walk from the food truck to the house? Whether this dude or the other guys they were talking to...or someone not even mentioned? The girls Ubered - but if someone knew where they lived, could that person walk it in the hour or so before the murders took place?

I am sure that whether it was the food truck, the bars, the party, or wherever, that police are tracing driving and walking paths from those to the house, and finding any footage that would show anyone headed in that direction at that time of night.
1.2 miles; 20 mins

LE never said anyone was officially cleared. Ppl just assumed they probaly were not involved. All theories are still on the table. LE doesn't tell the public every detail. Perhaps this tidbit will make the sp slip up if they think LE is not on to them. Do I think they are innocent?, I'm on the fence but leaning towards yes. LE already stated the sliding doors on the main level which is the kitchen , is the entry the sp used. Would the 2 survivors use that route to kill? Maybe. Would explain the dog situation of possibly not reacting but college kids have so many ppl visiting their apts or housing units so the dog was use to everyone who came over.

I thought during the press conference someone asked if they are suspects and police said no? Am I misremembering?

I think the 2 surviving roommates were on the very top level and heavy drinking does limit functions. If 2 of the girls lived in the basement rooms then it would have very easy to kill with out a lot of noise. Perhaps the roommate's boyfriend heard sounds went out to investigate and he was killed on the middle floor while his gf was passed out in her room on the main floor.
I respectfully completely disagree with this, I think the surviving roommates were on the ground floor, I believe EC’s girlfriends’room was on the second floor & Kaylee & Maddie were on the top floor. I do agree & think the intruder came in through the glass sliding door of the kitchen on the second floor & came upon EC

I respectfully completely disagree with this, I think the surviving roommates were on the ground floor, I believe EC’s girlfriends’room was on the second floor & Kaylee & Maddie were on the top floor. I do agree & think the intruder came in through the glass sliding door of the kitchen on the second floor & came upon EC
You are right. I got things mixed up.

Could have been a convicted felon since they used a knife. Wouldn't want to get caught beforehand walking around anywhere and questioned by police, that would've been a felony before they started the crime. I don't know why but I'm feeling an older male did this, someone who had been watching the girls for a while. Whoever it was, it's not their first rodeo. MOO

I agree with this. I think this started on the second floor, and then moved to the third floor. I think the perp didn't know about the first floor bedrooms at all. Imo. This says they were not familiar with the floorplan. Imo.
the girls are similar in size and apart from X (brunette) they look similar to the casual observer. Either the killer knew them and the house layout very well, and had a list, or, in the dark, the killer had no idea who the victims were. IMO

The neighbor said it sounded like a party - I wonder if the two survivors had people over while the others were out. That would surely complicate things even further with the amount of dna that would be there from so many different people. It’s going to be a long process to rule out everyone.

The neighbor said it sounded like a party - I wonder if the two survivors had people over while the others were out. That would surely complicate things even further with the amount of dna that would be there from so many different people. It’s going to be a long process to rule out everyone.
Wouldn't be surprised if there is a DNA swab event after the Thanksgiving break to rule out ppl, JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

ADMIN WARNING:
Although the surviving room-mates have been named in Daily Mail, LE has said they are NOT SUSPECTS and so Websleuths will not allow their full names to be posted here. USE INITIALS INSTEAD, and DO NOT NEGATIVELY CRITICIZE THEM OR BASH THEM IN ANY WAY.

• Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell said the two survivors are helping police with their investigation but would not give further details
  • He also told DailyMail.com the pair are not suspects but said every possibility is being looked at by the investigative team

Revealed: two Idaho students who survived when roommates were murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member