ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

I think local LE were busy with the bad weather.
Agreed. Probably got a quick Buck from Daily Mail. IMO.

That could be, but I'm leaning in a different direction.

He's off-the-wall-crazy but still like a fox. Given his line of study and prior history of being bullied, however, I tend to think he planned down to the detail. I think he lives for revenge.

I would not be surprised to find he planted something at the scene that would eventually lead them to him--but that he was prepared. His statement on being arrested--his immediate waiver of extradition. It all seems too planned.

And, just MOO of course, but I don't think LE's evidence is enough to convict this guy. It's not a slam dunk because they're still leaving doors open--saying they're still investigating and that they're still taking tips.

MOO, but I think whatever LE found was something he wanted them to find. And, I don't think it's enough to convict when he gets deeper into his game.

I pray I'm wrong.

ya know... I do have similar leanings. Holding my breath for what can be disclosed upon arrival in Washington/Idaho on Tuesday.
But I also worry about a change of mind, mind games, regarding that departure.

This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

I wonder about this, too. I first saw this exact info posted in one of the true crime FB groups and now it's allegedly from a "source" according to the article. I guess a random person posting online is a good enough source for Daily Mail.

Parents had a gated community that requires personal information to enter?

Car registered in the family name?

Is there a privacy thing going on?

"Relatives say he was 'OCD' about veganism and forced family to buy new pots."

"He is registered as a Libertarian in voter records and has never been arrested"

No, dad was watching over his boy not relapsing again during long drive back home through many states. Thinking of it, BK’s addiction must have been very hard on parents, and rehabs are not cheap, either. JMO.
Be interesting if someone comes out saying they knew him in rehab, if it's even true......I get the feeling the guy is a serial manipulator like you said and a massive BS artist. "thinks he's the smartest guy in the room"

That's always a possibility, but I would be surprised. He's not the low-level thinker some police-academy-rejects are. His knowledge base was(is) way above typical LE.

Something must have drawn him to his line of study however, and I hope we find out.

All MOO.
Bazzinga! Why did he go full wee waw, wee waw?

"A former school friend told the Daily Beast Kohberger started boxing in his senior year of high school and had taken criminal justice classes with a view to potentially becoming a cop."

Once he arrives in Idaho, the case police have built against Kohberger can be unsealed.

Several of us have already commented saying that our parents would drive with us too. I said in the other thread that I never drive cross country alone and I'll make sure my kids don't either, even as adults. How many threads on this forum are about grown adults (many of them men) who are missing or their cars found abandoned on road trips? I don't think there's anything at all telling about Dad flying out to drive with him, except maybe that the family doesn't have significant money concerns. MOO
I don't understand why the son didn't just fly home. Why have dad fly out there to ride back with him? Seems unnecessary to me. Unless the purpose was to get his car out of the area?

If the suspect had any intention of continuing with his studies, he would have flown home for the holidays and left the car at school. The only reason to drive the car across the country after one semester is because he no longer needs a car in Pullman, he isn't staying. It seems like he wants to distance himself and the evidence from Pullman.

Maybe he thought he was home free after arriving at his parent's home in PA.

He didn't move his things out of his apartment, but returning the car to his parent's home seems like he's only going back to Pullman to pack up. Instead, police packed up.
Interesting, but why he did not take his computer and his books with him? He could have said he wanted to work during holidays. Although he may took the computer hard drive, but why leaving the computer if he was not planning to return?

I think he wanted the car away, it became a danger for him, a trap. He could not sale it, if he was not its owner, but he could persuade his parents why he needed car to be returned to Pennsylvania. For example, he wanted to buy another car once, he is back to Pullman. The car had to go from Pullman.

But him? Not so sure. He wanted to carry on as if nothing happened. Poker faced. Like now: he was arrested, facing 4 first degree murders convictions and the only thing we have heard so far from him is that the whole thing is misunderstanding.

Bluffing.

LE builds a case as we speak and my guess is there will be few surprises for BK when he finds out what is there for him.

Lets say he wiped the comp and took its HD. I am not sure it would help him completely, the memory could be read regardless.

But the HD no doubt is seized now. What LE will find on it?

And how about his phone? His phone will tell a story on its own. He may left it behind in his apartment on the night of murders, but afterwards he was watching the news, searching for news from Idaho, accessed his SM accounts. When he was arrested, he was feeling safe, he was in no need to wipe the phone's memory.

Did he leave his phone at home when he went somewhere to dispose the knife, the clothes?

Questions, questions. Let's hope LE has all answers.

Is the Mad Greek where X and M worked well known for Vegan Meals - as in popular with Vegans?? MOO
The Mad Greek is a chain that, per google, was started in Southern California. I have stopped at the original (1974) Mad Greek in Baker, CA, many, many times; it is halfway between LA and Las Vegas, and always busy.

If the Moscow diner is at all similar, the menu is pretty extensive. It almost reminds me of a Jewish deli-type restaurant, with the emphasis on traditional Greek--rather than Jewish--dishes. But almost anyone can find something to eat there: not specifically vegetarian, but I assume a vegetarian could cope.

That said, Ashley Banfield reported earlier on Saturday that her people had talked to the suspect's two aunts-by-marriage. One said she had to buy separate pots and pans because BK wouldn't eat out of anything in which meat had ever been cooked or served.

I would be very surprised if he could get that type of service at a Mad Greek diner.

(ETA and BBM: It occurs to me I have no way to link to AB's report. I watch YouTube on my Apple TV device: no links or addresses are given. I'll report this post myself to the mods.)

Last edited:
Yes, regarding the gloves but more importantly is the fact that when you remove the gloves, your DNA is inside them! Doesn't matter about the incidental DNA on the outside.

There were, IMO, no latent fingerprints from the offender, found on any surfaces of the residence. He would be sure of this as he knows his fingerprints are on file (due to his employment as a security guard in PA.)
Is it a fact finger prints are required as a prerequisite for hire in PA schools? At the school corporation I worked at (not PA), only background and drug testing were required. I’ve not seen anything on the PA DOE website requiring fingerprints.

The suspect, Bryan Kohberger, was arrested early Friday at his parents' house in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains, where Kohberger went several days before Christmas, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar told CNN.

Kohberger's father traveled with him from Washington state to Pennsylvania, according to the public defender and a person who claims to have interacted with the father and son earlier in December.

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced. (A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

Seems he did just as much bullying to others, so I’m not buying the “he was bullied” excuse here. Moo
And haven't we all? The word "bully" is thrown around so much these days, I think we all qualify as bully and bullied.

Heck, a few years ago I was called a bully here, by a poster with whom I had merely (and respectfully) disagreed!

Obviously, IMHO.

This is BS in MO.

Yeah. At the some time though, this dude was a researcher of crime; he’s like us. I don’t doubt he wore gloves. What happens though, is even with gloves, blood makes your hand slip. He thought of everything, yet stood no chance in hell. I hope he enjoys what he’s in for.

But then he'd have to drive his car and touch the steering wheel that had skin cells, etc....
This is why I’d have to plan 5 yrs in advance of a crime. My list would have 1000 checkpoints. Wipe car door handle and steering wheel with Clorox wipe, line car seat with plastic etc. so many things to do, it’s impossible to do everything correctly. Yet, as it keeps coming up, Missy Bievers murderer did it.

This is why I’d have to plan 5 yrs in advance of a crime. My list would have 1000 checkpoints. Wipe car door handle and steering wheel with Clorox wipe, line car seat with plastic etc. so many things to do, it’s impossible to do everything correctly. Yet, as it keeps coming up, Missy Bievers murderer did it.
You’d still forget something. I could do the same, and not pull it off.

And that’s 10 years.

Yes maybe he had a kind loving family.
Maybe this is just about him.
But now because of him his family’s dynamics are suspect.
If it is proven he did this, HE did this.
Yes! I’m so sad for the critical comments about the family. We know nothing about them. I will assume they are nice, normal, loving parents until I hear otherwise. No parent or family is perfect, and there’s nothing released yet that could suggest his parents raised him poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel