ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll NEVER understand a person's attraction to a violent criminal.
The only thing I can understand is someone who knew him BEFORE the arrest and cannot believe they are capable so DENIAL and belief in their innocence, that I do understand but being attracted to a violent offender because they are violent and infamous that I will NEVER understand.
If someone is desperate to be attached to a famous/infamous person why not just stick to celebrities instead that aren't violent? Far more glamourous, right?
For some reason there is a type of female who is attracted to very violent killers. Ted Bundy, Richard Rameriz and others had plenty of groupies writing to them, and even wanting to marry them. Will Bryan Kohberger be contacted by such women? In my opinion, yes. IMO.

I find this one of the most uncomfortable aspects about this case - he probably was not identified because his DNA was on an official database, but because his DNA was linked in his family tree using geneology. Uncomfortable because DNA is no longer a matter of your own consent. However, for identifying criminals, that is a good thing. For society at large, hmm.
We're more familiar with genealogical DNA being used with cold cases. If that type of DNA investigation was done with the DNA at the crime scene, it seems like a new application of the investigative tool - one that has caused concern for privacy watchdogs in the past.

"Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, another source with knowledge of the case tells CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to him as the suspect, the source said."

CNN

Speculation on my part, OPINION ONLY:

We know at least 1 possibly 2 have defensive wounds.

Some on here including myself were thinking that he maybe cut himself. Others here who know this style of knife sorta ruled that out after explaining the design and purpose etc about that style of knife.

ME, JUST THINKING OUT LOUD HERE:

Maybe during the struggle he was struck in the nose by a fist or elbow or possibly the back of one of their heads if he tried to grab them from behind resulting in a bloody nose?

We have no 100% facts about any struggle per se therefore all speculation on my part as to what MIGHT have happened. I’m not saying a broken nose, I think that might have been noticed even with his already existing deviation.

If you don’t agree I don’t need to know why. Just scroll on by
I read that he went back to his class Monday after the murders. I wonder if anyone noticed any injuries? Scratches on his face or hands? Bandages? Noticable bruises?

I was speaking with two friends who are both cops last night and they said a couple of interesting things:

1- they said there is very likely something that he took from the house that the police have or will find.

2- that police are going to track everything he has done over the past 2 months - video from every camera that he was on will be in there possession and they will know almost everything that he did over that time. They said they were able to see confidential files of a high profile murder in my state and that LE did exactly that -they every single place that murderer went and exactly what he did at each place through the combination of video and cc receipts.

ADMIN REMINDER

Please remember that under Websleuths Victim Friendly policy, the family of the accused are considered innocent victims until/unless MSM or LE indicate otherwise.

Do not sleuth family members or insinuate that they have knowledge of the crime or any other responsibility or involvement in it unless it becomes a known fact.

Thanks !!

Interesting point raised about incel murderers...we've had 2 very well publicized in Toronto...one used a van to mow down pedestrians killing `11 and injuring 15 on April 23, 2018 and another went on a random shooting spree killing 2 pedestrians and wounding 13 on July 22, 2018...Both individual's backgrounds and lifestyle were very similar to BK.
You also had a 17 yo incel murder women at a massage parlor in Toronto in February 2020; he claimed to be inspired by the van guy, per the article I saw (he wasn't named in what I read due to his age). He stabbed Ashley Arzaga, 24, to death with a sword inscribed, "thot slayer.". She had 42 wounds and fought him hard. I think he then attacked a man and a woman on the street.

Then there is of course Elliot Rodgers, the patron saint of incel murderers, who shot, stabbed, and ran over 20 people, killing 6, all in the name of inceldom. He's a hero to many, no exaggeration.

It's an exceptionally toxic worldview, made up primarily of younger men full of resentment, (mostly) very poor social skills, and astronomical levels of entitlement and smugness.

Hi guys, I'm still focused on those "400 calls" that came in to the tip line at Moscow PD during the first hour after the arrest of BK...It could be 1000 calls by now! I hope, hope, hope, that at least
ONE of those calls said something like, "I saw that white car stop under such-and-such bridge and the driver threw something out of the window."

I read that he went back to his class Monday after the murders. I wonder if anyone noticed any injuries? Scratches on his face or hands? Bandages? Noticable bruises?
I wonder about this too, especially after learning that he was wearing gloves while grocery shopping. Unclear on the timeline but it's not difficult to surmise wearing gloves indoors was designed to hide cuts/scratches on his hands.

When the 911 call is released, I hope it will be a transcript rather than audio. I just feel like the survivors and young neighbors, even E's brother will be exposed even more. I realize the tone of voice, volume etc. can add to understanding the call, but for their sake, I wish the audio wouldn't be released.

IMO, no he never intended to take the white Elantra back to Pullman WA. To drive from Monroe County PA (his parent's home) to Pullman Washington in January would be quite a journey. About 2,500 miles est at 37 hours driving time in perfect conditions. There is a high probability of major winter storms along much of the route as well as some mountain driving. Some great ski country in Montana and Wyoming though!

USA map at link. Washington is in top NW corner of the US. Red marker is where his parent's home is located in Pennsylvania.

JMO
My thought is that he might have told his parents he needed a better winter-hardy car, and maybe planned to ask parents to sell it and help him buy something else. In any case I agree the Elantra would not have returned to WA.

BK also might have told dad the car wasn't running great, as an ostensible reason for wanting dad on the drive with him.

Or, maybe Dad had suspicions and persuaded/insisted on coming along, not telling BK that though.

I do hope it all comes out at trial.

The person I knew who fit a similar stereotype and did murder a woman years after I knew him, ended up killing himself in jail before his trial had started. I do worry that BK might do the same. I suspect my former friend might have committed earlier crimes, maybe even murders but no one is looking into it because he is dead (and it happened in such a small town that there was virtually no media coverage). If BK committed previous murders I would like it to be discovered. MOO

We're more familiar with genealogical DNA being used with cold cases. If that type of DNA investigation was done with the DNA at the crime scene, it seems like a new application of the investigative tool - one that has caused concern for privacy watchdogs in the past.

"Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, another source with knowledge of the case tells CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to him as the suspect, the source said."

CNN

Looks like they did use GEDMatch, which is great. I still suspect they sought parental DNA in PA (from trash or similar) to confirm.

This is going to be a case with about 10 different ways of directly pinning the crime to BCK.

I have two friends that I talked to about this case and we live nowhere near Idaho or Pennsylvania. The first one is following all the details and the second one had no idea what I was talking about.

I watch left leaning NBC news in the morning and right in the evenings (Fox). This story has been a lead story on both!

I just cannot believe that his parents knew nothing about a quadruple murder and a serial killer on the loose 9 miles from their son’s apartment. Even if they watched no news, mom was a substitute teacher, and you would think people who knew her or her family might talk about this case at work.

And dad worked in Hvac, so presumably he had coworkers also.

I am very local to the PA portion of this case. I am also a crime junkie. So,
when this news broke, a local popular freelance guy was getting live footage of the SWAT team going into the home in Albrightsville and was reporting that a suspect was arrested in the early morning hours in Scranton. The comments on his life stream consisted of at least 50 percent of the people (my estimation and observation) who never heard of this case, and another large portion who heard of it but certainty didn't know the details. It was a very small percentage that KNEW the case. Very few people in PA would be looking for a car of the Elantra's description.

Imho

I've heard a lot of speculation of unidentified (formerly in the former case) criminals like Bridge Guy and LISK dorking around on this website, looking at their own threads.

BK seems to be that type of guy right off the bat. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was looking at threads #1-#35ish on this website.
If he was, that would explain his looking tired and bringing coffee to class.

That makes me wonder if he was saying inappropriate things to them just like he did at local pub. Not disagreeing at all.
I wonder this too. We’ve heard he was bullied, but we’ve also heard that he was quite the bully himself. Bullying is never ok, and this country has a huge problem with it. But I also think in his situation it might have gone both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89