ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a coincidence (I'm in Canada) but the day before he was arrested, I met my friend for a dog walk and she was telling me how Toronto police had contacted her about a case and her dna was matching as a family member. They asked permission to access her account (23 and me i think) to do some more sleuthing. They told her who the alleged perp was and it was a 2nd or 3rd cousin she didn't know and had never met.
But it just goes to show that they can and will use genealogy sites to get their perp.
ETA: typos

But, they asked her. Maybe on Gedmatch, she didn't opt-in, and legally they couldn't access it. They still might, i assume, but then the information they received without the owner's permission is inadmissible in court. Possibly she was the closest in his tree that they could find. If she refused, they'd probably contact someone else.

I dont think it’s a manufactured home. Looks like a regular family home. Nothing elaborate, on a nice piece of land.
Manufactured homes can look like regular homes. I have no idea of course and it doesn't matter, but people were talking about them living above their means—this could be one way for people to be able to purchase homes even after hardship like bankruptcy.

Here are some Bi-level (what the house is listed as on the property tax page) homes that are also modular/manufactured.
Here the home is listed as a manufactured home again. (Other websites don't say that though!)

Most counties have online searches you can do for traffic infractions, like being able to look up a ticket by name and birthdate to pay it online or something. So someone who was bored could look at the counties in Indiana they would be likely to drive through and then google to find the website for that county's traffic tickets and see if there is a record.

I imagine they took the interstate through Indiana, it's a long drive so I assume they'd not be taking the scenic route. It could be that they were pulled over and given a warning, also.

Or, maybe whoever reported the traffic stops were mistaken.
If an officer stops you just to give a verbal warning, would tags be run, would he call it in? I would think as a matter of procedure and safety , there would be a record/log of the stop, even if it didn't result in a ticket or written warning.

If my 23 and Me testing uncovers a criminal in my family tree I say " Great go for him/ her" Whatever it takes to get these criminals off the streets is good for society!
Your 23andMe test won't uncover a criminal. They don't share your DNA results with LE. Anyone who is uncomfortable with the idea of 'sharing' their DNA with LE should be OK with doing their test at either 23andMe and Ancestry (or MyHeritage). You would have to download your DNA file and then upload it to either/ or both GEDmatch and FTDNA and then give specific permission for LE to use your DNA results for crime solving purposes.

I've seen several posts about the suspects parents bankruptcies. Can someone give me a direct tie in from the bankruptcies to theses murders?

I'm trying to figure out how an adult killers parents financial problems contributed to him killing four innocent people who had no connection to them or their bankruptcies. JMO.

I don't believe one can find as the bankruptcies might have been years and years before.

Another issue, they live in a tiny census sopt, with 138 people around. Not the most thriving area of PA. I assume that maybe even if there were any red flags about their boy in school, their financial ability to help him was limited. JMO.

If they were incapacitated, how could they have defensive wounds? There was no 911 call until the next day, whatever anyone might have heard, they didn't deem it significant enough to alert anyone. All is this is incompressible, but it happened. How this all unfolded can only be speculation, unless and until we see the evidence, we don't know and can only surmise.
Someone on a previous thread suggested that if the killer had first cut their throats, they would not have been able to scream. If that indeed happened, they might have still been able to somewhat fight back before dying.

That's interesting about your friend.
I thought they could only use Gedmatch and FTDNA for LE purposes.
I have agreed to LE use of my DNA profile on Gedmatch. If one of my relatives is a serial rapist or muderer, I am fine with them being arrested. They would deserve it.
I said the same thing a few threads back. Family or not, if they commit a rape or murder they need to be behind bars.

That is very kind of you to announce sorrow for the Kohberger's as they, too, are victims.

I've scooted around online in BK's large Albrightsville neighborhood. I'm not sure why or where it's gated or if it's just certain streets that are gated. Someone mentioned HOA fees. The homes on the street do not have typical matching mailboxes, driveways or coordinating house numbers above the doors so I imagine the HOA is possibly for security fees. They may, but doubtful, pay a security service to patrol the area. There's not much crime in Albrightsville. Most homes on their street are modest. One sold in July, per realtor.com, for barely $100k although most are valued at double that but none are half a million. Also, it appears there's a HOA by-law for an acre of land minimum per home but that rule doesn't require a community gate. Are there amenities such as an indoor pool or tennis courts, clubhouse, golf courses? I could not find them.

Maybe they'll sell everything they can and move near the Moscow area so they can attend court hearings or to be near their child. The two of them don't need the extra space in their current house so they could downsize to save money. Both possess job skills. If they're healthy, they can work. I pray they can survive facing the trauma of it all each day.

Indian Mountain Lake - IMLCA - Home

https://imlca.nabrnetwork.com

All property owners are members of the Indian Mountain Lake Civic Association pursuant to each property's deed covenants. The physical lands of Indian Mountain ...

Amenities

Main Lake is our largest lake in the development that spans 45 ...

About

The physical lands of Indian Mountain Lake are located in ...

I would think that they have been honest that they started surveillance 4 days before the arrest. The sheer person power to drive and surveil over the course of a 2500 mile car trip would be outrageous. Could they have been keeping states alerted sure but they would have no idea where they would be-- highway, toll way, secondary roads at any given moment Plus, the possibility of a leak would be to great to span that many states.

I could see it might be possible that about the time they were in Indiana that some evidence or link to him came in which might have caused LE to want to check on him. But, I can't really imagine that this was case. Again, somebody would tell their spouse or a friend and it would get out.

Just running it through in my mind...

This makes sense to me.

They absolutely had to keep tabs on him, lest he attempt to flee, commit self harm--I see any number of possible scenarios here.

As someone who was raised in a very rural area, we were familiar with various county trunk roads when we drove from A to B. I suspect BK was possibly familiar with back roads as well.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Hopefully, we will find out tomorrow if he's going to be extradited back to Idaho. Don't believe all the tabloid stuff, cause yeah, it just stuff thats usually made up. I mean unless its about the half space alien half boy they found in Albuquerque. That one is based on fact. Nite guys.

This makes sense to me.

They absolutely had to keep tabs on him, lest he attempt to flee, commit self harm--I see any number of possible scenarios here.

JMVHO.

This guy thinks the FBI could have done it. Which would make sense because they are one agency across state lines and don't have bunches of local LE where the info could get out. I don't know but I guess we will find out definitively one day or...it may never come to light because the FBI doesn't want us to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member