ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because that is what he wants you to think.
He simply must have planned for what he would do and say if caught.
Then again here's me applying logic to a vacuum.
Not #ornery.
Agreed. He had that utterance planned for his possible apprehension. That’s a ruse, a distraction, and a defense mechanism. I know every LE officer within earshot gave each other wide or rolling side-eyes at that moment. As if they’ve never heard THAT ONE before. Lol.

IMO

The father just looks like he is holding on with a thread. Nobody wins on either side when someone like BK does such despicable acts of evil.

It's absolutely tremendous acting out against his own family. Sure, maybe it's totally below the threshold of his conscious mind, but seriously, he has stuck a knife into the hearts of his own family.

That mug shot. Can you imagine seeing your kid's face with that expression? Hey, mom. Hey, dad. This is who your son really is. Do you see me now?

I too think he was worried his parents might be indicted as accessories after the fact. That's why he asked that question. He likely knew that it was a no knock warrant, and it could have been broader than just him. LE didn't seem to think that just going up and knocking on the door and speaking to Mom and Dad was the way to go.

IMO.

The father just looks like he is holding on with a thread. Nobody wins on either side when someone like BK does such despicable acts of evil.
Yes, more victims than you would think.

I would imagine the parents thought that one he was 28 had a masters and was in a PHD program they were successful and could kick back. Their world definitely was rocked. While they have spoke of support, their statements and appearance look to me as they are braced for the worst.

If he were alive today I'd guess Mr. Jewell would disagree. You never know. You hear about people getting out decades later after finally being exonerated. Sure not the norm, but it is exactly why we have the Bill of Rights.
That's true, but there was no DNA expertise decades ago.

DNA is unbiased. It is exculpatory as well as incriminating. It's just the facts.

Also, decades ago, every inch of earth was not covered by cameras as we have today.

IMO with these two tools, it's less likely for someone wrongfully accused to be incarcerated for so long.

Not impossible, but less likely.

Is it possible they halted after BK asked if anyone else was arrested? Ive always thought there is an accomplice and with his statement after being arrested Im all in on that theory. MOO

Mmmm....not so sure...

On requesr by the labdlord, the court issued the order LE to vacate the property and organise professional cleaning before returning it to the landlord.

So, only the court could issue an order to void its own order and halt the cleaning

There were reports that the defence made that request to the court and at that time BK had only one legal reoresentative, in PA, so it must have been him. I am pretty confident albeit guessing that LE was cooperating with the defence.

This is not a sport game, you see. Our team, their team, they are our enemies, who is the winner etc

Law and the legal system are much more than that, people operate modtly as a team. Jmoo

Good point, but I don't think he cares about the death penalty aspect as appeals and such usually take years and years as the incarcerated person sits on death row. IMO, he figured he'd deal with that when/if it happened.
I just looked it up (after being shocked Idaho doesn't allow insanity defense) and it's only four US states that don't have the insanity defense.

You'd think he would've stuck around Washington for his crime just in case he wants to play nuts. I oddly feel as though that would be "below him" though. I think he's proud of his work :(

Wow, BK already has a "Defense Team" & they are already accessing the crime scene, less than a week since his arrest. This seems to be moving at warp speed, IMO
I confess that I'm surprised (and probably naive) that he has a defense "team" without having been arraigned in Idaho. Am I right to think it must be someone acting pro bono since he hasn't been in Idaho to tell the court he's indigent?

This article says that they barely had time to unpack and then were halted. Sounds like they didn't even start? MOO

edit typo
I doubt right now everything we are being told about how they narrowed the search to this person.

There is something about LE's behaviour here that doesn't quite make sense.

Genealogical searches spotlight a number of people in the same family and then you put together the family tree to narrow the possibilities down. At the time he left for home, LE knew, for some unknown reason, that they should track him. Which means they had substantial reason to think he was guilty (without the DNA) but not enough evidence to arrest him. What could that be?

(LE) submitted DNA to a genealogical search and had results (results they must have had at least a few days or even weeks before they arrested him). Those initial genealogical results included a few dozen or even a hundred people, one of which lived 10 miles away and drove a white Elantra like the one seen leaving the crime scene. Instead of bringing that person in for questioning , you decide to organize a complete cleaning of the crime scene that you cancel a few days later "just in the nick of time", and watch "carefully" while the potential suspect and his dad drive several thousand miles across the country??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member