ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many friends were at the crime scene as police were called? do we know?
I’d also like how much time elapsed between when the roommates noticed the unconscious person to when the 911 call was placed. How soon after noticing the person did they call the friends? How long did it take the friends to get there? Once the friends were there, how long did it take them to call 911? Not that I necessarily think any clues can be found in the information but it’s one thing I’m curious about.

I was thinking, since the coroner went out saying "some" were found in the beds, there is a short video on Foxnews where you can see the forensics in white being focused on something by the short wall in the livingroom, then one of the forensics takes a swab and goes down to floor area it looks like. So whomever was not in bed while being killed ended up there? That wall is seen in a private photo from Maddie Mogen's Instagram.

Note that the text in the livingroom about Xana's room being my speculation.

Attachments

• Livingroom.png
    Livingroom.png
    901.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Wall painting.png
    Wall painting.png
    538.7 KB · Views: 110
I agree but I think they are basing it on some sort of evidence indicating someone was the specific target. I don't think they would say that unless they felt they could back it up.
Agree. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. I was only addressing why they would release that info but not release who they think was the target.

Very interesting. Do you think he had any interaction with any of the the victims beforehand? Like a rejection by one of the women at a bar? I assumed there was some interaction based on LE saying they think it was targeted.
When LE says “targeted” I am assuming that he was targeting a type of person in general and not a specific person.( So if you think about someone like Ted Bundy for example, he targeted women with long brown hair )- I think he was rejected either by them or someone else who was similar.. but more importantly- he had the opportunity to commit the crime with these victims whether they were the ones that rejected him or not ..

Sorry if it’s been asked but has that picture of the “blood” dripping down the outside exterior wall been debunked?
Not been debunked AFAIK, its not been confirmed by LE either. I cant find the link so this is just my opinion but I think the coroner lady was asked about it and she did say it was blood and she was then asked if it came from a bedroom and she agreed.

I just watched the truck video again. I noticed the cashier says “welcome back ” to K. So he obviously recognizes her. That may be significant. I wonder how often they go there. And how often they are drunk while ordering. For example - how predictable is it that they were at the truck late at night and intoxicate like that? My guess is that it was very predictable. Did the police rule out the truck employees! Having been in college myself, I would guess M and K are almost always intoxicated when out late and ordering late night food/making drunk Dario calls. I’m sure some (local) weirdos also watch that truck feed frequently, though. Who else would know there is a live feed on some random truck where a creep can find drunk vulnerable girls? It is super bizarre that they would have something like that going publicly - live - in a college town with young and naive people everywhere. For a predictor, it is like a menu of who to chose! I used to work in marketing and I feel like the dudes who own this truck should think twice! Using drink college kids as advertisement is pretty low! It also gives predictors a direct route to pray. If anything is learned from this tragedy. That fact should stand out!

Yes, I just saw this interview. Thank you. I still have a gut feeling - but apparently it can not be shared here until police sort everything out. One thing I will say as a parent myself - Odd he has a daughter, yet he is out past 2am showing college age kids (his new neighbor) around moscow. I also feel many criminals play victim or helper to throw off their involvement in a situation.
Food truck employee is a good thought, or any bar employee for that matter as one could imagine a bar employee who gets out at closing time (2 am) and then has to clean up, could arrive around to the girls' residence in the timeline of 3-4 am.

As to possible suspects, and me being a fan of Dateline, Forensic Files, etc....MOO... the first suspects would be those emotionally involved (ex boyfriends, ex spouses, etc), but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Also high on the list would be business partners (probably not a scenario here), and bar customers (inebriated girls are especially attracted to some male patrons) although this doesn't seem to fit since this was no sexual crime. Also, IMO, many crimes are caused by people in the neighborhood (doesn't seem to fit since there is no sex involved, unless a stalker is involved.) Sorority and fraternity disputes could be possible sources although I assume these would have been reported (would not expect any sexual crimes here). And the hardest cases to solve are those of the serial killers. Kind of risky nowadays to go into a house at 3 am and do this with all the cameras around and door supposedly locked unless they know this would be a good place to succeed. With four people dead, there should be four times the evidence as opposed to a single homicide. MOO

I just watched the truck video again. I noticed the cashier says “welcome back ” to K. So he obviously recognizes her. That may be significant. I wonder how often they go there. And how often they are drunk while ordering. For example - how predictable is it that they were at the truck late at night and intoxicate like that? My guess is that it was very predictable. Did the police rule out the truck employees! Having been in college myself, I would guess M and K are almost always intoxicated when out late and ordering late night food/making drunk Dario calls. I’m sure some (local) weirdos also watch that truck feed frequently, though. Who else would know there is a live feed on some random truck where a creep can find drunk vulnerable girls? It is super bizarre that they would have something like that going publicly - live - in a college town with young and naive people everywhere. For a predictor, it is like a menu of who to chose! I used to work in marketing and I feel like the dudes who own this truck should think twice! Using drink college kids as advertisement is pretty low! It also gives predictors a direct route to pray. If anything is learned from this tragedy. That fact should stand out!

Yes, I just saw this interview. Thank you. I still have a gut feeling - but apparently it can not be shared here until police sort everything out. One thing I will say as a parent myself - Odd he has a daughter, yet he is out past 2am showing college age kids (his new neighbor) around moscow. I also feel many criminals play victim or helper to throw off their involvement in a situation.
The food truck server said he actually mistook them for someone else.

When Kaylee placed the order at 1.43am, the server - JW - welcomed her by saying: 'Welcome back!'

Speaking to DailyMail.com on Wednesday, he revealed that he mistook them for two other girls who'd been there earlier in the night.

That is the wrong address. The correct address is 1122 King Rd. and is readily available to view on Zillow and other locations. 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow
These are the only views of the residence, that is available on Google Street View.

You cannot scroll to 1122 King Dr.. Google did not take images of cul de sac on King Dr.

You cannot see the sliding doors on Street View no matter how much you scroll.

You can only see images of the house via Queen Rd. You cannot see the sliding doors on Street View because the house next door obstructs the view.

When you click on Street View it automatically goes to Queen Rd. 1122 King Rd · 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843

Screenshot-Capture-2022-11-24-09-37-21.png
Screenshot-Capture-2022-11-24-09-37-12.png

Screenshot-Capture-2022-11-24-09-55-25.png

I don't think the killer would risk all the dna that would be found if he/she had cleaned up there. Too risky as far as being seen by someone, and too easy to leave something identifying behind. This massacre seems to be a case of getting in quickly, taking care of business and getting out quick. The perp was trying to be all ninja about it.
I agree they did not clean up there. I believe they wore a tyvek type painting suit that can be purchased for 10$. Put it in his front hoodie pocket or backpack. Went to the scene. Scoped the scene. Put on the suit right before entering. Killed. Walked to the wooded area removed suit put back in pocket or backpack. Left scene.
This would not keep all the blood of him as some would at least transfer. But would allow escape without looking like he just slaughtered 4 people. Also would limit him tracking in/leaving behind fibers, pet hair and what not.
JMO
Reminder If you have not seen any of my post that I have always believed this was a methodical organized killer. Not a random killing done by a homeless deranged drug addict transient type.

Agree. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. I was only addressing why they would release that info but not release who they think was the target.

I am surprised they let out that information, now perp knows they know.
But, I think LE did not want to panic the whole community that a serial killer was out there.

A little about DNA testing: I worked 26 years in a profession involving DNA testing. Mixed DNA takes time to sort out. There are advances since my technical work in this field so any WS member with updated info please correct me if my "old school" explanation needs an update. Crime scene DNA is collected, lots of it and it's labeled, (I'll leave out the highly scientific boring details). Through a series of incubation steps, with various temperature, pressure, and use of markers or tags, like fluorescence, and KNOWN DNA mixed with UNKNOWN DNA, results are interpreted after much time. KNOWN DNA is directly from a blood draw from the victims. UNKNOWN DNA is the scattered blood at the crime scene. Imagine the probably thousands of samples taken. Like attracts like, this is a natural scientific occurrence. The KNOWN DNA is split, (DNA is a double helix). KNOWN DNA is marked chemically with a tag visible usually something that illuminates and can be read microscopically or otherwise, (technical). So half of a KNOWN DNA strand is floating around in a mixture which includes an UNKNOWN sample from crime scene. A bonding will occur if there's a matching half in the mixture. The more strands that bond, the brighter the luminescence. Results without a "glow" are a negative match. There will come a point when crime scene samples won't match any victims. Then they'll look at the buccal smears collected, (or whatever method they've used to collect DNA samples from survivors. They'll test blood, skin cells, collected that doesn't match the victims. I apologize if this is confusing, it's complicated. Imagine a tray filled with same size circle shaped holes. Add a bowl of shapes; circles, squares, triangles. Rick the tray and the circles fill the holes, they match. Next tray is square holes, add the different shapes again and rock the tray. The square shapes fall and fit into the square holes. It's simplistic but not far off from DNA matching minus the positive and negative charges related to how the double helix connects.

Great info! Do you have any idea how many blood samples they should have taken to have a chance of getting mixed DNA, keeping in mind there were 4 victims and likely a lot of blood? I’ve been a little concerned that the chief said they collected 103 pieces of evidence. I would think that each swab would be considered one piece of evidence and since I’m sure they collected a ton more evidence than blood swabs, I wonder how much of those 103 pieces were blood swabs. I worry they don’t have enough samples to provide them with a perp’s DNA if it were there.

Being not american, can anyone answer a knife question for me. Would it have to be a pretty quality expensive knife? After seeing the coroner say the wounds were chest area it made me think, a mid range knife would surely break? Is it common for people to have decent level knives or just hunters etc. Where i live its illegal to have any kind of bladed weapon on you in public so its baffling for me
Surely it was a quality knife if you will. Extremely easy to get here and relatively cheap as well. Knives are generally legal except switchblades. What is crazy about the USA though is one can carry a gun at times where knives, saps, and other things cannot be carried.

I am surprised they let out that information, now perp knows they know.
But, I think LE did not want to panic the whole community that a serial killer was out there.
100% agree. I think there is pressure on LE to release certain info -- especially since it's a small community with young people being bandied about as possible suspects on social media. I think LE would prefer to say less than they have. JMO.

Maybe the house was painted red at some point and the drippings are old paint? I have a small amount (not that much) of a wheat color paint on my foundation (I’m messy, and I haven’t found a way to get it off).

I lean to blood but we don’t know what it is.

Wow. I don’t remember Calgary and just read about it. Those students were awake! And 4 out of 5 were males. That’s unbelievable. And horrible.
They were friends, though, some since childhood. I don't think they could have believed what was happening. By all accounts, the victims were kind and gentle souls.

Kaylee’s dad, brother and sister have an interview to CNN last night and gave a few new pieces of info:

-Kaylee’s sister says they got home at 1:56am and she’s frustrated with the police stating 1:45am on their timeline as those extra minutes matter when it comes to video surveillance, dash cam, etc.
-Kaylee’s sister is adamant that if Kaylee had noticed that she had a stalker that she would have told them. She said Kaylee would FaceTime her for hours almost every single day. “She wasn’t scared to get us involved in her life in any capacity like that.”
-Police aren’t keeping them updated more than the public, no additional communication to them beyond what they see on the website and hear in the press conferences
-Kaylee’s dad said that there were volunteers looking around the crime scene and found different things
-Police shared with him that expanding the crime scene may have more to do with keeping the cameras out than it actually does with evidence gathering
-The host says the mother of one of the surviving roommates told a reporter that the roommates heard something that night <I don’t remember reading this in MSM, does anyone have a link?> He asked if they have heard that from any of the families. Kaylee’s sister said that they did hear those “rumors” but none of that has ever been confirmed to them.
-They have not spoken with the surviving roommates
-They confirmed the roommates were on the first floor
-Kaylee’s father has been told there was just ONE of them that was targeted; however, police have been vague with them about that (and pretty much everything else he said). The police haven’t shared who the target was.
-They don’t find it significant that Kaylee’s ex boyfriend wasn’t on the website list of people cleared - they said Maddie’s boyfriend isn’t on it, neither are any associates of Xana and Ethan, so they don’t worry about it

Volunteers looking around the crime scene? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo